Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2011 V6 Mustang info offiicially official!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 02:03 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by _Slowbra_
ragtop......the killer of dreams lol.
Haha, not going to lie to kick it.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:32 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
Agreed. You all have to remember that these new motors are going to be replacing their older counterparts wholesale. Odds are the price increase won't be substantial. You certainly won't be paying GT money for a base car.....unless it's loaded to hell and back. Gonna be interesting....the base Camaro's are still commanding a nice little markup at dealers in my area. If the 2011 Mustangs arrive without the fanfair of a new body, I think the base model stands a chance to really take it to its cross town competition. Same will go for the 5.0 GT if Ford delivers the performance with a minimum of price increase.
Agree. I just bought my 2008GT/CS for 30k with 7kmiles on it. I went to a chevey dealer to check out the new SS because all the magazines had it base priced at 29-30k. That's Bull$h!t, with all the bells and whistles they wanted 34.5k then you add the 6% Florida sales take and it's a 37k dollar car. They put that crap in the mags to get people out to the lot and get you to test drive the car hoping you can't think right. I hope Ford don't do this.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:38 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

V6 is looking good. My top 25 new features:

1) 305 Hp

2) 6 speed transmission manual or auto

3) Automatic transmission gets better fuel economy than manual

4) 10,000 mile oil change intervals

5) 30 mpg fuel economy on auto trans

6) Dual exhaust

7) Cold Air Induction

8) 7000 RPM redline

9) Electric Power Assist Steering

10) Optional 3.31 rear axle

11) Better aerodynamics

12) Better handling

13) Better front/rear lift balance

14) Limited slip that provides better handling in foul weather conditions

15) Speedometer reads 160 mph, tachometer reads 8000

16) Additional lightweight soundproofing eliminate more high frequency noises

17) new door seals and a rear wheel arch liner that reduce road noise

18) Performance package options

19) Blind side mirrors in the side view mirrors

20) MyKey system

21) Better structure of the vehicle to improve safety

22) Sunglasses clip on visors

23) Head rests on back seats

24) 19 inch wheel option

25) Slimmed down curb weight at less than 3500 lbs

This is where I got this info:

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/02/2...-la-auto-show/

Yep, I'd love to have one!
Old 12-05-2009, 02:35 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

I saw the car in person today at the LA auto show. Obviously not much to see, as it looks pretty much like the 2010 model. The dual exhaust looked great, as well as the optional new grill insert. I was disappointed to see that they did not include paddle shifters with the 6 speed auto, a la Camaro. It looked like the 7.5" rear axle was retained, but it was hard to tell.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Well, the good thing is...when the 2011 GT is announced, it will have all of these features I listed with the V6 along with a more powerful V8. For many, the V6 has been "good enough". With these new upgrades/features I'll have to agree that even for power it will be plenty "good enough". A heck of a nice car. Me, with these new power upgrades, fuel economy and niceness of the ride upgrades, I'd love to trade my V8 in on one of these V6s.

But, I'm going to do all I can to hold on to this car I have now until it can't run any more. Might be a long time. I have 56,000 miles on it now and have had zero problems with it. I do love my car as it is now. I'm impressed with Ford's upgrades. The one thing that could/should be better with the Mustang is making just 6 more inches of leg room in the back seat. They should do that to make it a true 4 seater.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:36 PM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

I think they should just take out the rear seats all together. Or at least make it an option.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:39 PM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

I was hoping for new headrests. Gawd i hate the current headrests and how you have to recline your seat way back just to get your head to be straight.

Six speed manny tranny, high 20's mpg on the highway with decent power. I prefer the looks of the new sixer vs the GT as they really should lose the big driving lights. Anyway, with these kind of numbers and mileage, I might get a new sixer. I was thinking a new Camaro but the taxpayer funded GM bailout has turned me off.

kudos to FOMOCO
Old 12-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Mustangmaster
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by torque_is_good
I was hoping for new headrests. Gawd i hate the current headrests and how you have to recline your seat way back just to get your head to be straight.

Six speed manny tranny, high 20's mpg on the highway with decent power. I prefer the looks of the new sixer vs the GT as they really should lose the big driving lights. Anyway, with these kind of numbers and mileage, I might get a new sixer. I was thinking a new Camaro but the taxpayer funded GM bailout has turned me off.

kudos to FOMOCO
I'm lovin' the V6 2011 also. I can't wait to hear what the dual exhaust sounds like. Ford is saying it will keep us satisfied. Also, the nicer ride is a big thing for me. Just because it's a sports car doesn't mean it has to ride like a roller coaster. Plus more sound proofing including headliner improvements and door seals that make the 2011 a smoother/quieter ride.

I do like the Camaro's exterior but, the interior is light years behind Ford in looks. I just try to get people to buy an American made car or truck. The best reason I give people to buy any of GM's cars is...don't you think we should buy one since we bailed them out and we're paying for it anyway?
Old 12-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Getrag 6 speed manual transmission????? NO THANK YOU.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Grey Ghost

I have mixed feelings about this v6. While I love that Ford has finally grown some ***** and is stepping up to the plate to compete with the new camaro's, I feel like they've screwed over current s197 Gt owners.

What are peoples thoughts on whether a 05-09 Gt will be able to beat an 11 V6 in the 1/4 mile? or will it even be able to? Usually Ford waits at least a few years to come out with another engine that has higher horsepower or about equal to than the higher model up car - Ex. the 2005 GT has 300hp, which finally caught up with say a 1998 Cobra that has 305hp, and the 1996 GT had 215hp and the 2005 v6 has 210hp, etc. That was like 10-15 years before they became faster then their bigger brothers.

I really hope that my 2007 GT with it's higher torque will still be able to beat a 2011 V6 because nothing will **** me off more then when a 16 punkass says his mommies new v6 will kick my GT's ***....ugh. Please tell me there is still hope for our s197 GT's....

Also, what is the curb weight on the new V6???

Quick Reply: 2011 V6 Mustang info offiicially official!