Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

To those who doubt the 5.0 will respond to mods..

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:08 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Moonshine
Pretty sure that it's widely known in the Mustang enthusiast world that our beloved 5.0 responds to modification VERY well. Not really sure what's gotten into OP.

Erm....he's talking about the 2011 5.0....not the one from foxes and sn95's...
Old 05-04-2010, 09:08 AM
boduke0220
6th Gear Member

^^ this is a totally different 5.0. no one knew anything about the modding capability utill about 3-4 days ago
Old 05-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

This thread is funny.....Everyone is so super excited lmao. I wonder if anyone in this thread will actually have the money to go out and buy the car or the motor.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:21 AM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
This thread is funny.....Everyone is so super excited lmao. I wonder if anyone in this thread will actually have the money to go out and buy the car or the motor.
I'm going to have to say no, not likely. It's as bad as the sixer wanting to test drive the Saleen he can't afford...I don't try to go drive Ferrari's and drool over them, wtf...

All that aside it is definitely a respectable motor for a production vehicle. I read a very detailed write up in 5.0 mag about it. About damned time.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by devongarver
I'm going to have to say no, not likely. It's as bad as the sixer wanting to test drive the Saleen he can't afford...I don't try to go drive Ferrari's and drool over them, wtf...

All that aside it is definitely a respectable motor for a production vehicle. I read a very detailed write up in 5.0 mag about it. About damned time.
+1...It just funny everyone get so pumpt up on how they want it and all the things they can do to it but I bet no one in this thread will buy one once there at the dealerships.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:37 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

+1...It just funny everyone get so pumpt up on how they want it and all the things they can do to it but I bet no one in this thread will buy one once there at the dealerships.
You sir are a hater... why is that this new platform can't be impressive because a factory supercharged car can be more easily modded and obtain higher numbers? Not everything needs to be compared to the 03-04 cobra.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by amoosenamedhank
You sir are a hater... why is that this new platform can't be impressive because a factory supercharged car can be more easily modded and obtain higher numbers? Not everything needs to be compared to the 03-04 cobra.
If you didn't already figure it out, like "lizzy" and others have stated I'm being sarcastic. If you go back some post in this thread I did post "how I can't wait for the new 5.0 to put the camaro in its grave for good" and also "How I want to see the new 5.0 motor in a new edge". Sorry to see that I got under your skin a little

I do stand by my word thou where I doubt anyone in this thread will actually go buy one. It seems on this forum especially, alot of people like do alot of talking about doing this or that, or getting something but never do

By the way don't get so upset man, I love the new 5.0 as much as the next guy
Old 05-04-2010, 12:05 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

If you didn't already figure it out, like "lizzy" and others have stated I'm being sarcastic. If you go back some post in this thread I did post "how I can't wait for the new 5.0 to put the camaro in its grave for good" and also "How I want to see the new 5.0 motor in a new edge". Sorry to see that I got under your skin a little

I do stand by my word thou where I doubt anyone in this thread will actually go buy one. It seems on this forum especially, alot of people like do alot of talking about doing this or that, or getting something but never do

By the way don't get so upset man, I love the new 5.0 as much as the next guy
While I'll agree with you about the likelihood of anyone in this section buying on of these things.. you have to look at the age demographics of this section. (I know you're a younger guy as well) but most guys in their late teens early 20s aren't going to be able to afford a car in this price range... so they just fap to it...

You didn't get under my skin... I get yelled at for a living, it's going to take more than that. I guess you call it sarcasm but you just seem to make a habit of making these comparative comments which always seem to down play everything else compared to the 03-04 cobra... I guess maybe you're just a negative dude?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:13 PM
devongarver
5th Gear Member

While I'll agree with you about the likelihood of anyone in this section buying on of these things.. you have to look at the age demographics of this section. (I know you're a younger guy as well) but most guys in their late teens early 20s aren't going to be able to afford a car in this price range... so they just fap to it...

You didn't get under my skin... I get yelled at for a living, it's going to take more than that. I guess you call it sarcasm but you just seem to make a habit of making these comparative comments which always seem to down play everything else compared to the 03-04 cobra... I guess maybe you're just a negative dude?
True Statement!
But then again, if I lived in a southern state where a mustang could be my DD, and I didnt need a second vehicle thats 4wd for the winter, and I didnt own a house, and i didnt have a loan on a tractor lol...I could easily afford this. Instead, Ive got a very nice explorer and the mustang is the weekend warrior. I guess there is nothing wrong with dreaming, some of us just don't feel the need to yak about it as much as others lol.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

It's not a habit it's just funny to see all the 2v owners get so fired up. Everyone get their hopes up and like you said, "Faps to the car" lol its such and easy and open invitation to throw in a comment and get the whole crowd all pissed and fired up. I'm deff not a negative person. I've been on this forum for quite some time and have given out alot of great advice and know my sh*t. But I am not going to say anything else because I don't feel like receiving a infraction or getting banned. I said it once and I'll say it again, I love the new 5.0 as much as next guy and cant wait to see what it really can do instead of all these "magazine" guys testing it. Need more "regular" people to test them.

Quick Reply: To those who doubt the 5.0 will respond to mods..