Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

The Boss is back!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 06:38 AM
Kurt_OH

Originally Posted by sonicx
Yea... but as you prob know as well that one (if you have the money) can shave off additions pounds.
Yup. BUT, that could be said for nearly any feature, if you have enough money. You could get an LSA motor and put it IN A MUSTANG if you wished (not that you would).
Old 05-31-2010, 09:25 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Talking hahaha

Originally Posted by Kurt_OH
Yup. BUT, that could be said for nearly any feature, if you have enough money. You could get an LSA motor and put it IN A MUSTANG if you wished (not that you would).
Old 05-31-2010, 03:37 PM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

The sure can loose some pounds, but it's always easier to start with a lower curb weight.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:31 PM
BlueMagic
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by socalwrench
The sure can loose some pounds, but it's always easier to start with a lower curb weight.
+1... and as for the OP & "The Boss". I love not only that color of yellow but also the look. Can't wait for more details to come out about em.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:40 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
Yea... but as you prob know as well that one (if you have the money) can shave off additions pounds.
It's always easier to add power than shave weight. Besides, who wants to gut a brand new car for purely performance purposes??? You're better off buying an older car and turning it into your hotrod project. These new ponies are designed to give you an all around beast right off the showroom floor.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:42 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Kurt_OH
I'd have to question the sanity (and intelligence) of anyone that would buy a new Mustang to drop an LSA in it. You could build a far more beastly car with the factory motor still in place for less than the cost of trying to shoehorn a modern blown LSX into it.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Monkeymayhem

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
I'd have to question the sanity (and intelligence) of anyone that would buy a new Mustang to drop an LSA in it. You could build a far more beastly car with the factory motor still in place for less than the cost of trying to shoehorn a modern blown LSX into it.
LULZ
Old 06-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Demon 340
Administrator

i think that engine crossbreeding is stupid. if you want a GM, but a GM. if you want a ford...buy a ford.

i think that the z28 with the LSA will be awesome but what do you think that will cost?

the LSA cts-v coupe is 62,990. the LS7 z06 is 74,285...the camaro z28, if the LSa rumors are true, should safely be in the performance range of the Z06..if only in a straight line if nothing else. could they charge 63,000 for the z28 that is somewhat similar to the ctsv coupe? i dont think so... could they charge 74,000? i REALLY dont think so...

it would make sense to figure that the camaro z28 would cost less than the ctsv coupe, as the caddy is a luxury car and the camaro is not so when you cut out some of the fancy gadgets inside, the price could get down into the 50s. my 2010 SS test car had an msrp of 38k-ish...so offering an extra 150+ horsepower, an exterior change (body kit) and a suspension tune could possibly justify a 55,000 dollar camaro but how badly do they want to undercut the corvette? based on that price, its cheaper than everything but the base corvette so who is going to pass up the LSA powered camaro for a corvette, dollar for dollar?

soemone also suggested to me that they could put the magnetic ride control in the Z28 and make a real track monster but at that point, you have more power than the Z06 and the handling properties (within reason) of the 100k+ ZR1...they would have to price it so high, few people would actually buy and drive it hard...
Old 06-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Kurt_OH

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
We COMPLETELY agree. That's exactly my point: as soon as you stop comparing/racing CARS, and start racing WALLETS (i.e. droning on about how this mod or that one makes it better/faster/cooler than the other), then it's all just ridiculous nonsense. If your (modified in whatever ways you can afford) <<mustang/camaro/challenger/prius/whatever>> is faster than a stock <<insert name of "enemy car" here>>, SO WHAT?

There's ZERO difference to me between a Mustang that's fast because it has a S/C on a factory Ford motor, and one with a S/C Chevy motor. It's still some hopped up, non-stock car, with a non-stock motor. It in NO WAY makes Mustang faster than <<"enemy">>. It's still fun and cool and all that, but no more or less so than with some other non-stock motor.

Brag all you want about your car being fast, and rightfully so. But not because it's a Mustang (or Camaro or what-e-ver); it's because of your (previously?) fat wallet, and NOT AT ALL, IN ANY WAY related to the stock car, other than it MAY look like it superficially.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:58 PM
Kurt_OH

Originally Posted by Demon 340
i think that engine crossbreeding is stupid. if you want a GM, but a GM. if you want a ford...buy a ford.

i think that the z28 with the LSA will be awesome but what do you think that will cost?

the LSA cts-v coupe is 62,990. the LS7 z06 is 74,285...the camaro z28, if the LSa rumors are true, should safely be in the performance range of the Z06..if only in a straight line if nothing else. could they charge 63,000 for the z28 that is somewhat similar to the ctsv coupe? i dont think so... could they charge 74,000? i REALLY dont think so...

it would make sense to figure that the camaro z28 would cost less than the ctsv coupe, as the caddy is a luxury car and the camaro is not so when you cut out some of the fancy gadgets inside, the price could get down into the 50s. my 2010 SS test car had an msrp of 38k-ish...so offering an extra 150+ horsepower, an exterior change (body kit) and a suspension tune could possibly justify a 55,000 dollar camaro but how badly do they want to undercut the corvette? based on that price, its cheaper than everything but the base corvette so who is going to pass up the LSA powered camaro for a corvette, dollar for dollar?

soemone also suggested to me that they could put the magnetic ride control in the Z28 and make a real track monster but at that point, you have more power than the Z06 and the handling properties (within reason) of the 100k+ ZR1...they would have to price it so high, few people would actually buy and drive it hard...
No matter what they do to the (currently 3800lbs+, likely 4k+ with LSA) Camaro Z/28, it'll NEVER be a threat to the high end 'vettes. They're too light, too low, too sports car to even be in the same class. Even if the Camaro had the SAME motor as the ZR1, it STILL couldn't outrun even a Z06 on a road course, magnetic, bubble gum or super glue suspension. NINE HUNDRED POUNDS and a FOOT of height to the center of gravity simply ends that conversation before it begins. It MAY, if they lay siege to that soft suspension and portly weight, compete with GT500. But, other than POSSIBLY vs. lower 'vettes, in a straight line only, NO Camaro has a shot at a 'vette.

As for "cross-breeding", I pretty much agree. But it's just a speck dumber than calling a fast car that came off the line as a Mustang, but has had thousands of dollars poured into mods, a "fast Mustang". There's no bragging for Mustang in that scenario. There's PLENTY of bragging for the owner; I bet it's a really cool and fun car. But it's little more "Mustang" than the "Camaro" it outran.

Quick Reply: The Boss is back!!!