Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2012 Boss 302 Limited Release -start saving

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 06:34 AM
ACJupiter

Post 2012 Boss 302 Limited Release -start saving

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 dealer allocation will be limited, determined by sales and lottery
by Drew Phillips (RSS feed) on Sep 10th 2010 at 2:59PM

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 - Click above for high-res image gallery

Ford has yet to announce production numbers for the 2012 Mustang Boss 302, but you can bet that the car will be in high demand no matter how many are produced. The automaker has declared its new special edition Pony Car as the best-handling Mustang ever built, and fully expects its loyal customers to be eagerly awaiting the car's arrival next year.

With that in mind, Ford is being very particular about how many Boss 302s each of its dealerships will get, and in many cases, a dealer might not receive any inventory at all. According to Boss302Forum.com, the allocation of cars will be decided in two ways. First, the large-volume dealers that make up 75 percent of sales will receive 75 percent of the Boss 302 allocation. The actual number of cars each dealership receives will depend on the last 12 months of sales ending in September of 2010, although each dealer is guaranteed at least one Boss 302. The distribution of the remaining 25 percent will be determined via a lottery, with each of the remaining dealers receiving one chip simply for being a dealer, and an additional chip for every Mustang it has sold within the last 12 months. Each of these dealers will not receive more than one Boss 302.

So what does this mean for those interested in buying a 2012 Mustang Boss 302? The likely outcome is that dealers will try and make the most of the limited supply and slap on outrageous "market adjustments" to the price tag. Just like with the Shelby GT500 in 2007, customers should expect to pay a premium for the most desirable 'Stang on the market.

Last edited by ACJupiter; 09-17-2010 at 06:36 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Teggsan

There was a place in west suburban Chicago that I went to a couple of years ago that had a Shelby with a sticker of $55K or so marked up to nearly $100K.

Don't know if that was common.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Supermans

This is to be expected..
Old 09-22-2010, 02:17 AM
TexasMach
1st Gear Member

Although it would be sick, there's no way I could afford one of these till its sat on a used lot for 2 or 3 years.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:07 PM
ThisBlood147
5th Gear Member

All the richie rich baby boomers are gonna run the asking prices for the new Boss up through the roof. Why can't they just stay fixated on the Shelby...and leave the Boss for us average income working class folk? I think Ford should shut down Shelby production for two years and use their facilities to build as many Bosses as they can sell. That'd give the rest of us a fighting chance at getting one of these awesome stangs for MSRP. I don't care about exclusivity....I just want an awesome, no compromises performance pony that doesn't cost me 50K.
Old 09-26-2010, 06:33 PM
vincedog3

Originally Posted by Teggsan
There was a place in west suburban Chicago that I went to a couple of years ago that had a Shelby with a sticker of $55K or so marked up to nearly $100K.

Don't know if that was common.
Wow and I thought my dealer was crazy at $65,000.00. :O
Old 10-02-2010, 12:10 AM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

this is bullsh*t marketing they said the same exact thing as the gt500......... everydealer said "we are just getting in 2 if we are lucky and the list is already 2 pages..... and look now

not buying this crap again
Old 10-08-2010, 02:24 AM
Bails
2nd Gear Member

For anyone in the DFW area the state fair has a grabber orange Boss in the auto show section. You can't actually sit in it or touch it because it's up on a raised platform but it is definitely worth stopping by if you're thinking about going to the fair. I have a couple of bad iphone pics if anyone's interested, it was kinda hard to get a good picture because of all the people around it.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:34 PM
Supermans

Originally Posted by sadface
this is bullsh*t marketing they said the same exact thing as the gt500......... everydealer said "we are just getting in 2 if we are lucky and the list is already 2 pages..... and look now

not buying this crap again
The free market dictates the markup, since somebody will be willing to pay for it. I would love to own one, however I would rather buy a used GT500KR for the same price.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:31 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by ThisBlood147
All the richie rich baby boomers are gonna run the asking prices for the new Boss up through the roof. Why can't they just stay fixated on the Shelby...and leave the Boss for us average income working class folk? I think Ford should shut down Shelby production for two years and use their facilities to build as many Bosses as they can sell. That'd give the rest of us a fighting chance at getting one of these awesome stangs for MSRP. I don't care about exclusivity....I just want an awesome, no compromises performance pony that doesn't cost me 50K.
YES YES YES

Couldn't agree more.... this ^ needs to spread to the noobs. ahaha

Quick Reply: 2012 Boss 302 Limited Release -start saving