Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
Sponsored by CJ Pony Parts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 08-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #41
tnroadrunr
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Ford Mustang 4.0 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascal View Post
LOL, the Mustang is starting to be not so affordable anymore so let the Corvette go after Porsche.
Corvette has had Porsche for many years already, just check the results of the 24 hours of Lemans. Corvette has dominated that class for the last 12 years now. If Ford can take Porsche and still keep the car affordable I say go for it....
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2010 Mustang Convertible
4.0 Premium V-6 Package
Silver and Black

1990 C-4 Corvette Coupe
5.7 Liter L-98
Polo Green W/ Saddle interior

tnroadrunr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #42
LS1fivepointO
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1987 Mustang
Send a message via MSN to LS1fivepointO

Except that the Porsche is a much better place to be, and a 911 can actually be daily driven. Even in the winter.
LS1fivepointO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:54 AM   #43
reckles1

Vehicle: 2011 ford mustang gt

Upon reading through this blog, to say that I find the passion the general stanger populous intriguing would be an understatement! Being that my first mustang was a 2007... "do largley to the retro styling", and bolted on my first forced induction system in 2009, :0P.... I didn't really see the alure 2010's until I saw the the potential gains outta' the 5.0 platform in 2011. But even though I recognized that the possibilities of the 5.0, I could not bring myself to stray from that tough rugged retro styling of my 2007.

Nevertheless, that choice was made easier for me after someone attempted a right on red directly infront of me. With that being said, I am now the proud owner of a force inducted 2011 5.0 ! ! ! :0o & let me tell you I never could have been happier. Everything I didn't like about "the differences" between the two, started to become the things I liked most. Because as much as I loved that badazz retro umbeounce of my 07, I relish in my 11's technological advances & emenities of today. So I guess the long and short of what I'm trying to say is I see it from both sides. However with that being said, regardless of what side of the fence you set on, you gotta' love the idea of a ligher, meaner, faster, better handling anything. So... as long as she plants me deeper into my seat, I look forward to the possibilities and potential of what tomorrow brings!
reckles1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:37 AM   #44
Offshore Angler

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT 5 Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnroadrunr View Post
Corvette has had Porsche for many years already, just check the results of the 24 hours of Lemans. Corvette has dominated that class for the last 12 years now. If Ford can take Porsche and still keep the car affordable I say go for it....
Not to mention that Corvette is the only race car that the rules require the the race version to have LESS hp than the street version.

Still, when you get int the rarified air of supercars like Zondas and Mercedes McClarens, Koenigseggs, DB9s, etc., that not really where the Mustang lives.
Offshore Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #45
SpartanStang14
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 Mustang GT
SpartanStang14 SpartanStang14

smaller chassis, lighter weight and the coyote engine sounds good to me
SpartanStang14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #46
SpartanStang14
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 Mustang GT
SpartanStang14 SpartanStang14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1fivepointO View Post
Only problem was that the last Ford GT was an unreliable pig. It was an amazing car but, the F430 was better in pretty much every way. I'm fairly certain the F430 outsold the GT rather handily as well.

The new Porsche's are simply awesome and if Ford makes a car to compete with them in the Mustang it will no long be affordable, which is one of the biggest allures of Stangs'.
I was just reading this as my neighbor drives by in his classic Ferrari how ironic haha
SpartanStang14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #47
TylerT
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT

I still believe they need to keep some cues from the retro, the the iconic tail lights for example. I'm really excited to see what Ford is packing, I'm just hoping it isn't crazy drastic with too many Euro cues
TylerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:49 AM   #48
Offshore Angler

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT 5 Speed

A two door hardtop would be a cool nod to the past and still allow modern styling.
Offshore Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #49
ModMe
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Alloy GT

I am waiting for the Retro Mach 1 replacement or Boss 429. Come on think BIG.....LOL
07 GT- Foose 20's, Lowered,Billet grille, Roush body parts, smoked fogs/corners, BBK CAI, chrome bits, SCT Brenspeed 93 tune, Pro 5.0 shifter, CHE LCAR brackets, UCA/LCA's, 3.55's, Nitto 555's, Borla exhaust with X

ModMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:17 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
20052009, 2014, artist, cobra, concept, ford, forums, gt, mach, make, mustang, retro, s197, speed, svt