Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2011 Price Drop

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 03:38 PM
snakerbill

Originally Posted by SyNdicateZ
ew an automatic? lol 5 speeds are more fun. I can never want to drive an auto stang ew
In the first place I would not want a Chinese transmission in my new 2011 Mustang. Oh, you did not know that all stick transmissions in the 2011 mustangs are made in China, and that many are having big problems with these junk transmissions. The automatics are made in the USA, and have beentotally trouble free, and much better able to handle rough service, also if you had been paying attention, you would have noticed that when MM&FF mag dyno'ed both transmissions, the automatic performed better than the stick, and their comments were great praise for the automatics as being the best automatic ford ever produced. Also, this post was about price, and not equipment; the equipment was only mentioned in regards to the price of my car. If you can't have fun driving an automatic 5.0 2011 Mustang, you need to get someone to water you. SNK
Old 02-17-2011, 10:21 AM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by snakerbill
In the first place I would not want a Chinese transmission in my new 2011 Mustang. Oh, you did not know that all stick transmissions in the 2011 mustangs are made in China, and that many are having big problems with these junk transmissions. The automatics are made in the USA, and have beentotally trouble free, and much better able to handle rough service, also if you had been paying attention, you would have noticed that when MM&FF mag dyno'ed both transmissions, the automatic performed better than the stick, and their comments were great praise for the automatics as being the best automatic ford ever produced. Also, this post was about price, and not equipment; the equipment was only mentioned in regards to the price of my car. If you can't have fun driving an automatic 5.0 2011 Mustang, you need to get someone to water you. SNK
but, but, but, stick is more fun
Old 02-17-2011, 11:27 AM
snakerbill

Stick may be more fun if you are only 16 years old. SNK
Old 02-17-2011, 08:42 PM
grnbayfan
2nd Gear Member

im enjoying it. i do like how more of the guys here are more supportive of tranny choice. not like the other forums im a member of.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:37 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

That is so true. More ppl in here actually go into auto vs manual choices and will discuss both at length.

Originally Posted by MCxQubed
but, but, but, stick is more fun
I agree! The control you get from controlling the shifts directly yourself does give you a feeling of direct control over the car. An automatic, there are times where you are thinking "SHIFT!" but it feels like forever before it does shift.

Originally Posted by snakerbill
That's true, and that is one of my objections about the Getrag MT82. I bought Ford to support Americans and an American made product.

I always here the rebuttal that if the MT82 were made in America, the '11 GT would cost over $40k+. THAT IS A LIE. Because for not even $1000 more to the total price, you can buy an '11 GT with the AMERICAN made 6R80 automatic.

Speaking of Auto trannies vs manual trannies, that article you were referring to in MM & FF, the top six cars were all AUTO trannies with only one being a manual.
And the one manual guy BROKE his Chinese made MT82. He had to swap in a TKO 600 tranny to run the drag races, and he won 2nd place overall, even among the top 6 best cars.
Old 02-21-2011, 12:01 PM
snakerbill

Hi guys: I think that if you would take the time to test out a 2011 G
T with the automatic, you would be surprised at its performance. In the two months I have had my car (l3000) miles already, I have never felt that I needed more performance or that something was lacking in the way it worked. Perhaps the previous automatics in the Mustangs did leave something to be desired, but the 2011 six speed shifts right now, no waiting. On my trip to California it handled the twisty mountain roads better than any car I had ever had, and I have had a bunch of cars over the years, that were state of the art at the time I bought them, but the 2011 5.0 Mustang is the best car I ever had. I cannot praise it too highly. SNK
Old 02-21-2011, 12:17 PM
snakerbill

Hey squirell of death, I am with you, I bought American and resent the Chinese stick that Ford choose to cheap out with, and we, as consumers pay the price . Not good thinking. So far I have personally heard of four total failures of that chinese wonder, and I think Ford will have a lot of warranty claims, and maybe they will take Tremec up on their replacement with a trans that will handle the torque and HP and in the long run it would probably save Ford money, and surely help their reputation, as a company that stands by their products, and is willing to correct their mistakes. SNK
Old 02-21-2011, 12:30 PM
snakerbill

Hi guys: I think that if you look at what everything does on a new car that you are ordering, and take the time to find out the best combination for you, then it is worth waiting 6 weeks for a car that fits what you want to do with it. By the way, the six speed auto on my 11 GT shifts RIGHT AWAY, no waiting. Perhaps previous autos on Mustang left something to be desired, try a 20ll Auto and prepare to be surprised. I have never wished for more performance ever, in the two months I have had mine. I have 13000 miles now, so this car is seldom parked.
What a car, I can not praise it too highly, it is the best overall car I have ever had, and I have had a bunch of cars, all of them bought new.
Give the auto a try before y6ou buy. SNK
Old 02-21-2011, 05:54 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Our Coyotes can really stomp at the track. Some guys drive autocross, and they actually fair very well in competitive driving.

Other guys run drag races, and with just bolt-on mods and a tune, they are pulling great time slips.

Lethal Performance did an all NA set-up on an Auto GT, and consistently ran in the 11's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6w4MhPk2dI
Old 02-22-2011, 10:59 PM
snakerbill

Gee squrril of death, that auto mustang on your video was so slow that twokids on motor scooters passed it, according to several previous posts on this thread. Think before you put down an auto in the 2011 GT. Having fun yet? SNK

Quick Reply: 2011 Price Drop