Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

all wheel drive

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 09:43 PM
pegasus51

Default awd ford muscle car

well i've owned a charger an 08 daytona and while the sho does have decent gas mileadge the chargers mds on the highway saves a ton more gas. you almost never see the needle move on a 40 mile drive. Now a sho gt awd would be somthing the family man could appreciate might even sound cool with the right dual exhaust and look cool with a skirt kit to differenciate the models. seems like a good idea but will ford market that car? they should because not for nothing it would be a nice addition to the four door lineup. a musclecar that dad can ride around in with 2 or more kids comfortable but when he's alone can step on it and have that v8 kick. Besides fordideas.com how else can you pitch the idea to ford so the front office can hear about it quicker?
Old 04-06-2011, 01:26 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by pegasus51
well i've owned a charger an 08 daytona and while the sho does have decent gas mileadge the chargers mds on the highway saves a ton more gas. you almost never see the needle move on a 40 mile drive. Now a sho gt awd would be somthing the family man could appreciate might even sound cool with the right dual exhaust and look cool with a skirt kit to differenciate the models. seems like a good idea but will ford market that car? they should because not for nothing it would be a nice addition to the four door lineup. a musclecar that dad can ride around in with 2 or more kids comfortable but when he's alone can step on it and have that v8 kick. Besides fordideas.com how else can you pitch the idea to ford so the front office can hear about it quicker?
Im down Dude... sounds like a STELLER idea! I'd buy one.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:44 AM
moonsky
Banned

If anyone remembers, Ford tried to do this in the late 1980s when they wanted to change the Mustang to a front wheel drive car. That created such an uproar with Mustang enthusiasts that Ford Motor Company had no choice but to scrap the idea and the FWD car became the Ford Probe. Detroit knows that if they attempted an AWD on the Mustang, the whole "turning the Mustang into the Probe" fiasco would be an eclipse compared to this.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:05 PM
crysalis_01
Banned!

I think a 30/70 AWD system should be an option. . . but only for the sixxer models.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:00 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

don't forget the added weight and PRICE TAG that would come along with AWD...although i'd like to have better control in the snow with a stang, you cant beat american muscle to the rear wheels...cool concept, but wouldn't happen
Old 04-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Demonhead
1st Gear Member

A new model with four doors, V8, and, AWD!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:10 PM
pegasus51

Lightbulb i like both those ideas

well like i said it would handle better in the snow and the option will always be there to just have only rear wheel drive. the awd models would be exactly that, just a model with that option a push button option that still gives you rw drive all the time until you push or turn that button like on the select terrain tranny's on the explorer or cherokee. and the issue about the extra weight. well thats the plus minus of the deal. you know what you're involved in and what you want for the price your paying. you want all wheel drive option you can have it just to cruise all year round without the hassle of changing tires or sand bagging your trunk you can have it and still feel american muscle power in the gt or the 6. and if its just your summer car and garaged most of the winter then you can have the model thats less expensive and less weight fot the track or whatever your mustang heart desires. but i would like to see the options for all the mustang lovers to have the best of both worlds if they choose too. and with pushbutton awd you can still get those nasty burnouts and rear wheel slides might not be as good on gas in awd but you won't suffer as much on a rainy day. the appeal of all the options of the car will market itself a new horizon of the car you could say. if you dont like the idea you buy a regular mustang if you do you buy the awd, it's really up to you have fun with the car the best way you feel comfortable. of couse only 6 and gts have the option the big boys we leave alone b/c the shelbys, bosses,roushes and saleens are untouchable. four doors wouldn't look bad im sure designers could make it sleek enough. i saw an internet drawing of a wagon version when the magnum srt8 came out and it looked really mean and aggressive. I'll see if i can find that pick again and post it. but on thing at a time lets get it with the awd option first then see how much more the car can advance. the car has been through some bad times and survived if this was to happen and it failed im sure the car would make a great come back, but if it was to succeed then mustangs would open there market to a whole new group of people and as a premier performance vehicle in alot of places that have all four seasons. taurus is nice but it just dosen't have the thunder. im sure the stang could run on all for hooves!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:12 PM
pegasus51

Cool kool idea

Originally Posted by Demonhead
A new model with four doors, V8, and, AWD!
kool idea, just expect alot of criticism
Old 04-15-2011, 10:19 PM
pegasus51

sorry for all the typos on my last blog had to much to say alot in a short bit of timelol. plus had to try and get my little dude to bed he's a late night talk show enthusiast
Old 04-16-2011, 04:13 AM
Demonhead
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pegasus51
kool idea, just expect alot of criticism
I don't see why people would criticize it if it doesn't carry the mustang name. But then again what car doesn't get criticized in on way or another.

Quick Reply: all wheel drive