Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

What do you think about this one

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 PM
MarkThorn
2nd Gear Member

Default What do you think about this one

Ford Mustang SVO to launch in 2015?

http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-mus...h-in-2015.html
Old 05-31-2011, 07:26 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

Just my .2
If you want a car that's good on gas don't buy a mustang. Look at a civic and put a turbo on it and have fun. It's getting stupid. What's next ? the GT will sport a dual turbo 2.8 L ? lol Cmon ford, build fiesta's and focuses and leave the mustang alone. Again, just my .2
Old 05-31-2011, 07:38 PM
MarkThorn
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
Just my .2
What's next ? the GT will sport a dual turbo 2.8 L ? lol Cmon ford, build fiesta's and focuses and leave the mustang alone. Again, just my .2
Or they will put a V6 with an electric engine in the GT...
Old 05-31-2011, 07:44 PM
Daniel98GT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
Just my .2
If you want a car that's good on gas don't buy a mustang.
x342587923487923879
Old 05-31-2011, 07:45 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

if this is true then, I AM SO EXCITE!

evo/sti killer ftw. 40 mpg and 300+ hp is good. and if history does repeat it self, the SVO will have AT LEAST brembo package handling characteristics, if not gnawing at the heels of a laguna seca boss.

and all you guy's bashing i4's need to remember a couple of things things:
1. the original SVO was designed for handling purposes. it was a corner caver. it will NOT be a main stream model.
2. ford isnt stupid. they wont do away with the v8. if anything it will gain direct injection and have a little more power and MPG.
3. there have been turbo'ed 4-banger Cobra's/GT's in the past. and they have become one of the most coveted late model mustangs. (post 79)

so if you dont like the idea of a turbo 4 mustang, then don't buy one. buy a v8 and quit whining about it.

Last edited by simpsonfan13; 05-31-2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:45 PM
65Raven65
3rd Gear Member

I like the idea of a turbocharged SVO. Always liked the 80s SVOs too.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:55 PM
mtflyboy25
3rd Gear Member

Keep the v8 fot the GT! I still get almost 30 mpg highway haha
Old 06-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Gen5_40
1st Gear Member

Having a smaller displacement Turbo SVO would nicely round out the stable.

Last edited by Gen5_40; 06-09-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:01 PM
7gtthrilla
2nd Gear Member

Ford should not put the mustang in this category PERIOD. If you want a turbo go buy one. we don't need that. We need to stick with the V8 and if anything should be changed they should add more horsepower. What they need to do is get the GT pushing 500 hp and maybe a slightly better suspension and possibly if they want to add technology, add a more technological interior with the hands off talk activated system for those who want it. Shelby is a god when it comes to his somewhat over-priced products. The same problem he has with every car is not in the designing room, it's the engine block. We need more hp and follow in shelby's footsteps. HP, HP, HP
Old 06-06-2011, 03:46 AM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Originally Posted by 7gtthrilla
Ford should not put the mustang in this category PERIOD. If you want a turbo go buy one. we don't need that. We need to stick with the V8 and if anything should be changed they should add more horsepower. What they need to do is get the GT pushing 500 hp and maybe a slightly better suspension and possibly if they want to add technology, add a more technological interior with the hands off talk activated system for those who want it. Shelby is a god when it comes to his somewhat over-priced products. The same problem he has with every car is not in the designing room, it's the engine block. We need more hp and follow in shelby's footsteps. HP, HP, HP
FORD IS NOT GETTING RID OF THE V8. Can't you understand this? The car IS getting more HP and improved MPG through Direct Injection. And, if were going to get 500hp out of a GT where does that leave the shleby? 600? 700? Where does it stop? 80% of mustang buyers never need 400hp let alone 500. If we do keep upping the ante then the mustang will go the way of the 350Z. It could compete with the V8 mustang with it's V6 but it had almost ZERO mod potential. $1k in mods wouldn't get you 30HP out of one if i recall correctly. More HP is NOT the answer. Cutting weight, improving interior quality, handling performance and MPG is.

As far Ford not putting the mustang in that category, Ford will do what makes it money. If that means adding a turbo 4 car to the line up then that's what's going to happen.

You strike me as the type of guy that thinks a V8 makes him more manly. So let me pose a hypothetical question to you. You line up late one night with an older fox body mustang. lets say an 84. You go at the green light and he proceeds to wipe the floor with you multiple times. You then find out it was a turboed four-cylinder SVO. What do you do? Do you pull a ricer fly-by on him flipping him the bird, hoping that the gesture will somehow alleviate the shame of being beaten by a 4 cylinder car? Do you yell "NO! NO! THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN! I DON'T LOOSE TO FOUR BANGERS!" before screeching out in a rage? or do you take the loss like a man and give the guy a thumbs up? What do you do?

Last edited by simpsonfan13; 06-06-2011 at 03:50 AM.