Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
Sponsored by CJ Pony Parts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

New 2014 Mustang Rumors!

Old 08-16-2011, 12:37 AM   #61
5.0Racer
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by britt12640 View Post
Whether this is the design or not... ford has already said that they are moving away from the retro style mustang in 2014 and moving more toward a modern style
Thats what they need to do. The retro thing has been played out. Time for futuristic.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
5.0Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:39 AM   #62
mystangisblack
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang GT

They're ruining these cars. I hate the look, this isn't a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. It looks like something that would hover. Keep the 2010 style for five years Ford, then start rethinking.
mystangisblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #63
cbc24

Vehicle: 04 f150 fx4

man u guys got terrible taste! the new style rocks !! I heard 4 banger ecoboost an irs in the works which is needed! get a better handling car that competes with all other manufactures ! screw drag not all of us like to go in straight lines
cbc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #64
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Vehicle: .

"Screw drag?" For 40+ years that's what the mustang has been know for. If you made a great turning mustang but killed it's drag capabilities the car wouldn't sell. You would be utterly betraying the car's heritage. Ford is not stupid enough to do that. An upgrade in the suspension department is needed but given that a solid-rear axle car lost to an M3 by a mere tenth of a second on the twists says something about what I'm sure you think is an "archaic suspension set up."

And and IRS eco-boost is likely to come out on the guise of a revived SVO so you can buy that.
simpsonfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #65
cbc24

Vehicle: 04 f150 fx4

so lol lose the solid axle true drag racers mod the hell out of their cars anyways! be cool if it was an option
cbc24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:33 PM   #66
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

You do realize that will cause the price of the mustang to shoot up several thousand dollars right?

Last edited by simpsonfan13; 08-24-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:47 PM   #67
crysalis_01
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Terminator Cobra
foxhound_01 mustang_r6

No, it won't. I swear I've been talking to a wall lately. The CBIRS system not only gives a SRA feel upon a Drag type launch but also gives the car reactions like a traditional IRS over uneven surfaces. Not only that but it weights in only the slightest more than it's SRA cousin and since Ford is developing it to go into a multitude of platforms, added cost will be minimized.
-Sold-'96 Mustang-3.8L V6
"Claire"
crysalis_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #68
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

ok fine you win pony lover. i was referring to an IRS set up ala terminator.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:27 PM   #69
Danger

Vehicle: 2000 Ford Mustang convertible
Corey Danger Vaughan Lethal RP Jesus

I like it, I dont see what the big deal is, if you dont like it then dont buy it.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #70
FormerMustangOwner

Default Looks Fantastic

Here's an opinion from the United States on this world car. Fantastic potential here. If this car comes out low and beautiful, with an American style V-8 and European handling and interior, it's going to be a fantastic proposition.

I own a BMW 335xi with a 6-speed manual, love it and won't sell it. Took factory delivery in Munich and drove it on the Autobahn before having it shipped back to the States.

In high school, I owned a Mustang and have always liked the brand...but the latest generation didn't quite do it for me. It needed better handling and quality to get me interested. I've always liked Fords, so I bought a Ford Tempo GLS coupe right out of college, then sold it to go to graduate school.

I'll be in the market for a toy after the BMW is paid off next year. I've been looking at Porsches, but the Mustang may grab me instead. My father drives a Fusion Hybrid and I told him to buy it...it reminds me of a BMW.

Ford, don't listen to the old-timers who hate the 2014 concept. There's a whole new market waiting for you out there and I bet most of the faithful come around after they see and drive the 21st century Mustang.
FormerMustangOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #71
mfournier

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang GT

check this out Test Mule photos IRS on this car and IT HAS A V8 looks like the new car will be a bit wider as well as the roof panel of the 2013 they are using body panels off of don't quite fit also the rear bumper took a but of a hack to fit the exhaust. I do hope the actual car sits lower on that chassis you don't get much from this about the looks of the new car as ford tried to make it look as much like a 2013 5.0 as they could and to cover up any thing that might give anything away.

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2012/0...ar-suspension/
mfournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #72
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang Coupe

Old pic is too camaro-ish, luckily it's just that - an old concept pic far from what's coming.

Eco4 over V6? I'm not sure what to think here. The Eco4 brings alot of good things to the table (weight reduction, equal power to v6, boost already on board) but loses alot of things I suspect (low end torque, higher revving to hit powerband even moreso than the 3.7, and the potential to sound like a ricebox).

Yay for IRS finally, time to teach an old dog new tricks. It's all well and good to say you have 'the best SRA there is', but that's like saying you're the most healthy person in intensive care.. Have to wait and drive it, and hear it to decide, but I suspect with some weight reduction and maybe even some size/slimming it will hit that 'market' they are looking for.

SMR# 2071
Eibach Pro Plus kit: Shocks, springs, swaybars - Adj. Panhard bar - Eibach LCA's
JLT CAI - Bama Tuner running 93R - 18x9 GT500 AM Wheels, 255 Sumitomo Shoes
JayyVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #73
Andy13186
4th Gear Member

It would be good, if the stock turbo is 88mm+ and the stock internals and fuel system can handle like 60 psi/700 rwhp, stock HP being 450+

if not, then ill just take my NA 5.0 V8 and laugh at 4 cylinders
2011 5.0 6 speed manual BAMA tuned with 20x10.5 Forgestar f14's with 315/35/20 BFG Rivals, 19x9's with 275/40/19 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position, Koni sport adjustable dampers, Steeda sport springs on the front, stock springs rear, Steeda 101mm CAI, UMI adjustable panhard bar, J&M Extreme joint LCA's, Strano adjustable front sway bar, Eibach camber bolts, Roush axleback

Last edited by Andy13186; 06-18-2012 at 02:23 PM.
Andy13186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:28 PM   #74
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.JZ View Post
tend to agree with you on this....I am not a huge fan of the current rear design...but, many people seem to love it
I don't like the 2010-2012 rear but the 2013 (especially lit up at night) looks very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:34 PM   #75
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayyVee View Post
Old pic is too camaro-ish, luckily it's just that - an old concept pic far from what's coming.

Eco4 over V6? I'm not sure what to think here. The Eco4 brings alot of good things to the table (weight reduction, equal power to v6, boost already on board) but loses alot of things I suspect (low end torque, higher revving to hit powerband even moreso than the 3.7, and the potential to sound like a ricebox).

Yay for IRS finally, time to teach an old dog new tricks. It's all well and good to say you have 'the best SRA there is', but that's like saying you're the most healthy person in intensive care.. Have to wait and drive it, and hear it to decide, but I suspect with some weight reduction and maybe even some size/slimming it will hit that 'market' they are looking for.
If the Ecoboost is done right it will probably have a flatter and wider TQ curve than the current V6 which would mean more under the curve. By done right I mean a twin turbo 4 cyl. As a single turbo, in order to keep a fat/flat TQ curve it would need a variable vane compressor to make it spool up at a lower RPM (again fat/flat) TQ Curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:54 PM   #76
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1995 Ford Mustang
CrainRacing
Send a message via AIM to NeoTokyo Send a message via Yahoo to NeoTokyo

A powerful 4cyl is a good thing in my mind to keep entry level mustang prices low while still offering all the goodies that the bigger siblings can get, leave those option boxes open.

As for the photo, I hate it and we all know why.

For the six I really hope they bring over the turbo straight six from the XR6 turbo falcons over in Australia, that beast would be my choice engine.

http://www.hookit.com/members/crainracing/

01' Mustang - Sold -
95' Mustang - Penny -
96' Mustang - NoName -
01' Passat GLX V6 4Motion
NeoTokyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:02 AM   #77
TheRedBeast'12
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 V6 Ford Mustang
STUBShub

Agreed, it loks good, but It looks like Ford is serious about becoming a tree hugger...

2012 V6 3.7L Automatic
305 RWHP, 280 RWTQ

Mods (coming soon...):
Black bottom stripe
Light window tint: 20-38%
tinting rear tail lights
New rims (not specified which brand yet)

sig too big. 250px high by 500px wide max. Admin.
TheRedBeast'12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #78
sonicx
speed'n

Vehicle: 04 GT

They should keep it sra with a irs option or visa versa. I'd still take a solid.

sonicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:52 AM   #79
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 15 GT Premium, 01 Cobra & 09 Shelby GT500
CarbonDriven Carbon_Driven

I like the idea of having an option or SRA or IRS but seems it would be costly

2009 Shelby GT500 Vapor Metallic Silver w/Ebony Stripes, 20" Vertini Monaco's Rims, Falken 452's, Air Lift Performance Coil-Over Air Bags, Lots of carbon parts, Full MagnaFlow Exhaust, RR Billet 2.65 SC Pulley, 12# Boost, JLT CF CAI, Seq. taillights, 14" ant. (553hp/530tq)

2001 Cobra Vert #1439/3384 (316hp/310tq) COMPLETE Build

Cobra Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:36 PM   #80
DRB
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 V6 Premium Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derf00 View Post
I don't like the 2010-2012 rear but the 2013 (especially lit up at night) looks very nice!
One reason I went for the '13 was liking the front and rear better than the '10-'12. Obviously folks differ.
DRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:36 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2014, 2014mustang, autoexpress, bullitt, cobra, forum, gt, information, latest, mustanf, mustang, news, rumors, svt, updates