Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

New 2014 Mustang Rumors!

Old 08-03-2011, 12:41 PM
MustangFTW

with an irs serious drag racing wont be feasible

Old 08-05-2011, 01:30 AM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by starbai
I'm okay with that for the same reasons I love Porsches... total redesign isn't always needed... evolution of design is just fine so long as the rest of the car is adequately changed/updated/upgraded... techonology, performance, interior design, etc... can all be updated and still be considered a redesign in my head.

Ford builds me a car that looks like that with 400+hp, a v8, ability to row my own gears, and an IRS and I'll be ready to trade my beloved 5.0 in immediately
Im already saving for my downpayment for the 50th and make it my 3rd stang. Need a bigger garage too
Old 08-05-2011, 01:55 AM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Originally Posted by starbai
Without a doubt the best looking concept yet...

the new rake of the windshield and roof are very nice. add a bumper to split up that massive grill and most importantly get rid of that HUGE *** the S-197 sports. that hood needs to be brought down a little bit and i wonder how the vent, would work with the door the way it's designed in that pic.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:23 AM
LS1fivepointO
1st Gear Member

I really hope they will ditch the silly tail light signals on the new one, whatever they do. They are so awful.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:37 AM
SteedaGus
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MustangFTW
with an irs serious drag racing wont be feasible
Been there, done that with a live axle on 4 Mustangs I've owned. I'm ready for something a little more refined.

The current Mustang was a great leap forward in that regard while still keeping the live axle. So I could be ok with a live axle for the next generation, but an IRS would make it even better in my view.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:42 PM
mfournier

To those drag racers wanting to keep the live axle All I can say is you have plenty of late model used stands to take to the drag stop for the rest of use driving on the street, road courses and autocross it is about time it for a IRS but I have to say only if it is well designed one as I agree a well tuned live axle is better then a cheap IRS or one retro fit on a chassis not made for it (like the 1994 SVT cobra)
Old 08-05-2011, 04:08 PM
MustangFTW

Originally Posted by LS1fivepointO
I really hope they will ditch the silly tail light signals on the new one, whatever they do. They are so awful.
are you ****ing kidding me?

IRS would add a buttload to the price, it has to be an option or ford would lose its biggest customers, middle class average income people who dont have the money for an expensive sports car.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Ford has done the IRS already on the new edge cobras and it wasnt a big increase at all.
IRS on the 50th with a good lightweight design is very welcomed!
Drag racers can always fit a SRA swap as the majority want the IRS
Old 08-06-2011, 02:50 AM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

Sorry, can't agree on this one.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Dr.JZ

tend to agree with you on this....I am not a huge fan of the current rear design...but, many people seem to love it

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2014 Mustang Rumors!