Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

New 2014 Mustang Rumors!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 03:36 PM
DRB
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
I don't like the 2010-2012 rear but the 2013 (especially lit up at night) looks very nice!
One reason I went for the '13 was liking the front and rear better than the '10-'12. Obviously folks differ.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:50 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

13 they finally made the rear better, but screwed the front... Remember when you could tell a V6/Mach/GT/Cobra/bullitt by the front bumper alone? So much for differation between models (waits for 'BUT THE GRILL IS DIFFERENT!)

Im part of the crowd ford is targeting- and they should remember that we cant afford to go out and get a 35k+ weekend/inpractical car to drive to work and such. prices need to drop.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:19 PM
DRB
1st Gear Member

Different tastes. I like the look of the '05-'09 best, but really wanted a new one with all the features.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:32 PM
ninefooter
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NYstang
13 they finally made the rear better, but screwed the front...
lol so all the people that put all that effort into their mustangs making it have the shelby front end on it was perfectly "awesome", but when ford makes it standard on the 2013 which still looks just as amazing it's "screwed"?
Old 06-19-2012, 07:51 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Originally Posted by ninefooter
lol so all the people that put all that effort into their mustangs making it have the shelby front end on it was perfectly "awesome", but when ford makes it standard on the 2013 which still looks just as amazing it's "screwed"?
I never liked the shelby to begin with- too much R34 skyline, not enough Mustang. But thats all opinion- more power to the people that spent all that coin for a shelby front. Ive got parts from every different model of factory ford 99-04's on mine because its what I wanted.

And again, THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME. What happened to unique looking models? different grills, spoilers, +/- foglights, completely different bumpers.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:11 AM
MustangFTW

Originally Posted by NYstang
13 they finally made the rear better, but screwed the front... Remember when you could tell a V6/Mach/GT/Cobra/bullitt by the front bumper alone? So much for differation between models (waits for 'BUT THE GRILL IS DIFFERENT!)

Im part of the crowd ford is targeting- and they should remember that we cant afford to go out and get a 35k+ weekend/inpractical car to drive to work and such. prices need to drop.
35k is dirt cheap, look at the competition from foreign car manufacturers, BMW, audi, Mercedes, etc you need to pay double for the same package. If you can't afford a 35k car with a real job its you that has to change not ford.

Also, weekend car? I'd say a majority of the people on this Site DD their mustang.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:55 PM
mfournier

Originally Posted by MustangFTW
35k is dirt cheap, look at the competition from foreign car manufacturers, BMW, audi, Mercedes, etc you need to pay double for the same package. If you can't afford a 35k car with a real job its you that has to change not ford.

Also, weekend car? I'd say a majority of the people on this Site DD their mustang.
I was going to replay to that also but I think you got it right If he can not Afford 35K for a new Sport coupe with the performance of a Mustang GT then he IS NOT FORDS Target market. Sorry Sports cars are not cheap and if Ford made it Cheap it would be a **** CAR. IF you can't afford it then I guess you will have to wait and buy a USED car you can afford compared to a BMWM3 or M5 a Mustang even a Shelby is the Cheapest car you can buy with the kind of HP numbers. I suppose just because it is a FORD and not a BMW it should be cheap? Tell you what I will gladly sell you my 09 and the same goes for those that want to keep the Live Axel you can buy If that is what you want that car is already out it is called a used Mustang if Ford is going to build a performance car it has to match the performance of the competition and that is NOT just Chevy Cameros or Dodge Chargers it is M3s Audi RS and Merc. AMGs FORD is selling cars world wide not just to you good ol boys in the US
Old 06-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Although all the 13's look the same now you have no choice but too look the same now. At least before you could buy a cheaper V6 and put a GT500 front end on it and its your choice to pay the extra or not.

I think what Ford is doing here is simplifying the production for 13/14's in preparation for the remade 15. With less variety of parts to make, which makes it cheaper for them too but why the cost savings isnt reflected in the cars prices :shrug:, they can transition easier to the new production lineup for 2015.

Hopefully it will only be this way for the 13/14 and 15 will bring back the individuality of the models.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:41 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Originally Posted by MustangFTW

Sorry, Sould I have said summer car? Becase where half the country is wothless for that kind of car 5-6 months per year, Its not somethin you use as a primary driver.

Originally Posted by mfournier
I was going to replay to that also but I think you got it right If he can not Afford 35K for a new Sport coupe with the performance of a Mustang GT then he IS NOT FORDS Target market. Sorry Sports cars are not cheap and if Ford made it Cheap it would be a **** CAR. IF you can't afford it then I guess you will have to wait and buy a USED car you can afford compared to a BMWM3 or M5 a Mustang even a Shelby is the Cheapest car you can buy with the kind of HP numbers. I suppose just because it is a FORD and not a BMW it should be cheap? Tell you what I will gladly sell you my 09 and the same goes for those that want to keep the Live Axel you can buy If that is what you want that car is already out it is called a used Mustang if Ford is going to build a performance car it has to match the performance of the competition and that is NOT just Chevy Cameros or Dodge Chargers it is M3s Audi RS and Merc. AMGs FORD is selling cars world wide not just to you good ol boys in the US
Hey, i remember another car that was styled ad priced for a higher class market, competed with the AMG and M3's, and did it well, Guess what? It was critisized for being something it wasnt, and sold like ****. So lives the last GTO. The same thing could happen to the mustang. Whats the average american household income? between 45-50k at the moment. Suddently, that 35k sport coupe is pretty damn expensive. its not a damn sports car, you buffoon- ITS A PONY CAR. What was the original idea? oh yeah, a cheap, sporty car. Where did it go? it went the way of lazy americans, with its 15 CD changer and 8 cupholders, and trying to compete with the Euro cars whilst forgetting its history. FORD tried to replace it with what should have been the modern replacement back in the 90s. It didnt work. Why should they do it now? Im not saying stick with a live axle- which you so idiotically took as something I said- but they need to remember where its roots are half the selling point, and not everyone wants 15 *** warmers per square inch, 15 disc changer, GPS, satellite radio, 92 way seats, etc. Some just want the classic AMERICAN sports car. So do you european people.

I sincerely hope the boys across the pond are enjoying the 40 year old, big brash 'american good ol boy' cars that I sent over last year- with its inefficient V8, live axle, and poor gas mileage, along with the distinctly AMERICAN styling and feel. I suppose he should have bought the new M3? Because what European in their right mind would ever pay for an american minded vehicle.

Or since this is the internet and we are all tough guys, I will gladly take the 30min drive to MA and put my foot up your ***
Old 06-22-2012, 01:21 PM
jrglenni

Originally Posted by crysalis_01
No, it won't. I swear I've been talking to a wall lately. The CBIRS system not only gives a SRA feel upon a Drag type launch but also gives the car reactions like a traditional IRS over uneven surfaces. Not only that but it weights in only the slightest more than it's SRA cousin and since Ford is developing it to go into a multitude of platforms, added cost will be minimized.
I was just going to say, with all of the amazing work Ford did to make the SRA in the Mustang capable of handling incredibly well, whose to say they can't make an IRS that will handle launches incredibly well? Everyone else knocked the Mustand for having an SRA, saying that it couldn't handle and then it blew the doors off cars with IRSs. Mustang fans have to remember that before they sit here assuming that an IRS will be as ****ty for drag racing as it was in the past. I'm sure Ford is well aware of this and I would imagine that they are keeping in mind the fact that they need an IRS that can launch as good and as hard as the old SRA.

BTW< if your curious as to what CBIRS is, check this out:
http://www.themustangnews.com/tech_06/st-0706_ozirs.htm

Last edited by jrglenni; 06-22-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Quick Reply: New 2014 Mustang Rumors!