Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

New Mustang? Hope not..

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 07:26 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

All I can say is, the new style had better give me as much or more wood as my '07. I'd certainly like to upgrade and the '11, 12's aren't doing it for me.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:35 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
Don't worry, that vehicle is from 2006. It was designed by some Italian clothing designer or architect some BS like that.
For a clothing designer, he didn't do too bad then.
Well, except for the rear of that car, yikes!

And guys, it doesn't look like the Camaro.
The Camaro looks like it. Get it?
Old 07-06-2011, 07:09 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

This is getting old quick. Looks like a thread pops up about this same 05 concept every day. lol cmon ppl, do a search before posting the same old crap. Or at least post it in the rumors section to stop flodding this section with the same old crap.

If you want to see what it looks like wait for the spy shots. lol
Old 07-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Haha I mean I'm all for retro, I love the way the mustangs between 2005 to present look without a doubt. And I'm pretty young, but I do think that people over time are going to want to see a development of something new, and gorgeous, that will be remembered by my generation 50 years from now and then bought all over again

don't get me wrong though, I want more styling cues taken from the current mustangs and brought over instead of a very close Camaro look alike
Well stated! The retro look will inevitably go away as they continue to evolve the design. As we move from generation to generation (Boomers to Gen X, Gen Y) folks will not be as "emotionaly" connected to the original 60's designs. However, it was a stroke of briliance for Ford to go retro in 05 because they were able to capitaize on those buyers that were nostalgic to the 60's cars & also captured a new generation with a great engineered product. Trust me having owned 8 mustangs & currently owning 2, the 05 platform is superior in many ways to any Mustang product before it.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:22 AM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
do a search before posting the same old crap.

I got a email from this forum showing this Car so, maybe the forum should not send out old crap..
Old 07-06-2011, 08:07 AM
03gt04mach1
3rd Gear Member

I'm tired of this THING popping up. I HATE it! Let's bury it already. FORD 'DO NOT LOOK AT IT'. And yes the Mustang should move away from the retro design and freshen it up with a new design with retro touches. I remember the first mustangs when I was a kid too. But this retro theme has worn on me so much I'm beginning to think to 99-04s are more of a fresher design now.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:43 AM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Sorry I posted the topic, why in god's name are some sooo touchy? I'm new to this Mustang thing (and I have over 1600 posts, most from gen 1 forum), I have ALWAYS been a muscle car guy but only recently got hooked on Mustangs. I have built MANY cars and know my way around. I built one mustang, a 1966 with a built 289 (by me).

Still, mustang's, especially the 5th gen are a new domain to me. I make a simple comment about something I have never seen in the past, ever.

I start getting negative comments about why I posted something old. All you need to do is state this has been around and post a link to it. If you have nothing positive to say, don't post at all.

A forum is supposed to be about helping others in the hobby, not make them feel like not posting in fear they may be pounced on for anything.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

calm down man. forums are for people to post their opinions. Nobody's mad. it is kinda old, but it's not a big deal. lighten up!
Old 07-06-2011, 09:06 AM
slickman
5th Gear Member

I'm fine, just making an observation. I'm not the one who was saying anything bad or making comments like "I'm tired of this THING popping up" or "This is getting old quick. Looks like a thread pops up about this same 05 concept every day. lol cmon ppl, do a search before posting the same old crap. Or at least post it in the rumors section to stop flodding this section with the same old crap"

Treat each post the way you would like to be treated, respectfully. Otherwise don't bother to post anything.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:44 AM
CincyGT2009
2nd Gear Member

The guy is NOT "some Italian clothing designer" or anything of the sort! Here is the history of this: http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...ang/index.html

Quick Reply: New Mustang? Hope not..