Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Ford Social Media Rep Pls Forward to Alan Mulally, RE: The MT82 Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 07:55 AM
GTI-Guy
2nd Gear Member

Default Ford Social Media Rep Pls Forward to Alan Mulally, RE: The MT82 Transmission

Hello Mr Mulally,

On a CNBC broadcast of "Ford, Rebuilding an American Icon," I watched you break the ice at Ford on quality by literally clapping your hands for a an exec that confessed he had a quality problem. A simple but incredibly effective gesture.

It wasn't much of an issue ... a lift gate strut that wasn't working properly ... but you allowed it to delay the launch of the vehicle. More importantly, you made it okay for your execs to air issues without fear of loss of stature, quite the opposite, you made it clear you expected honesty for the good of the company and your customers.

That was depicted as the exact moment you began to change Ford. You didn't let up and thanks to your efforts Ford is now a story for textbooks on how to change corporate culture.

I was going to purchase a 2012 Mustang V6 with the manual MT86 transmission, but I'm confused by the actions taken by Ford in handling the problem thus far. Deysha, a Ford Social Media Rep, would be an excellent source for debriefing, as she's been here in the trenches with your customers. I am hoping you can look at this. I suspect well intentioned employees may benefit from your guidance. As soon as I can hear that's the case via Ford HQ, I will be honored to purchase the vehicle. Thank you for your time.

P.S. - By the way, Deysha is an incredible asset to Ford. She has grace under pressure far beyond her position. Waste no time promoting her.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:13 AM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

awesome but IF you receive a reply it would probably be a desar john letter.