Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
Sponsored by CJ Pony Parts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
wynner

Vehicle: 1999, Mustang, GT
Smile A four-seater Corvette - who woulda thought?

Interesting concept, certainly more money than I would place in such a beast but certainly impressive outcome. I have now owned both, currently driving a Corvette but must admit I really enjoyed the GT. Clever way to haul the kids...
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
wynner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:27 PM   #12
Hoose84
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 84/05/13/13 Ford Mustang
I_AM_HOOSE

Would I have dumped that much cash into it? No. Do I have a problem with a Chevy/Ford hybrid? Not at all.

I feel much better about my plan of swapping out my 6er for a Chevy 350 now though.

Hoose
Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 PM   #13
mrcoordination

Vehicle: 1990 Mustang Notch

Im not going to deny that its done right, but stop putting chevy motors in fords. It makes absolutely no sence. Find a totaled 6.2 raptor and put that in it be different. Its what everyone does, 'Lets put a vette motor in it.' Go buy a corvette if you like the motor so much.
mrcoordination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:30 PM   #14
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011, Ford, Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoordination View Post
Im not going to deny that its done right, but stop putting chevy motors in fords. It makes absolutely no sence. Find a totaled 6.2 raptor and put that in it be different. Its what everyone does, 'Lets put a vette motor in it.' Go buy a corvette if you like the motor so much.
They can't afford a Corvette, lol. Look at what these disloyal people drive. Most of them have old v6 mustangs. Only thing they can afford is a scrap yard Chevy motor and trans

Gone->11 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS Auto 13.284 @ 107.44 (DA Corrected 12.809 @ 111.502)

Last edited by Bmr4life; 09-06-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:34 PM   #15
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008, V6, PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcoordination View Post
What? This guy might have gotten the motor for a steal or a salvage or something... Probably how most people come across those motors (I would presume?) and instead you want that same person with a sub 35K car to go and buy a car that costs at minimum 50K?

I dunno about finances (never looked into costs for swaps) but it seems like a cool enough idea... Although a lot of that power goes to waste like bmr4life said.

Steeda CAI, 91 tune, GT axle-backs w/ H-pipe, P/P stock TB. Dinosaurs!
aaquib1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 04:47 PM   #16
mgturbo1

Vehicle: 2003 Cadillac STS

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplexdesign View Post
He could have bought a GT500 and easily got enough power out of it to beat a ZR1. Seems like a big waste of money to me.
ditto
mgturbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:26 PM   #17
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaquib1992 View Post
What? This guy might have gotten the motor for a steal or a salvage or something... Probably how most people come across those motors (I would presume?) and instead you want that same person with a sub 35K car to go and buy a car that costs at minimum 50K?

I dunno about finances (never looked into costs for swaps) but it seems like a cool enough idea... Although a lot of that power goes to waste like bmr4life said.
Which guy? Definitely not the one in the article that spent $150k on the swap.

Gone->11 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS Auto 13.284 @ 107.44 (DA Corrected 12.809 @ 111.502)
Old 09-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #18
lethe

Vehicle: 89' GT

they make it sound like its the first GM motor ever put into a mustang or a ford for that matter. the only thing that makes this any different is the amount of money spent on the build and that its a newer mustang. my question is if the original owner had that kind of money, why the hell did he buy a plain mustang gt instead of a super snake or some kind of exotic super car to begin with?
Old 09-06-2011, 07:03 PM   #19
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethe View Post
they make it sound like its the first GM motor ever put into a mustang or a ford for that matter. the only thing that makes this any different is the amount of money spent on the build and that its a newer mustang. my question is if the original owner had that kind of money, why the hell did he buy a plain mustang gt instead of a super snake or some kind of exotic super car to begin with?
Way more money than brains.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:08 PM   #20
jbeachler

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang V6

I grew up a GM fan, particularly Chevy, until I bought my first Mustang. I like the idea of this beast. It'll smoke anything that wants to run against it, and Chevy or Ford, you don't have to try too hard to find something to like about it.
jbeachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:08 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1000hp, 302, 50, advertising, blue, boss, corvette, engine swap, grabber, hood, intake, internet, mustang, powered, sale, vbulletin