Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Unlikely or Ungodly Union: 1000hp Vette Powered Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 05:31 PM
letmepicyou

Default Personally, I woulda threw my money elsewhere...

While I agree that it's his car and his money, if I had the bank account necessary to engage a project like this, I think I would have went the whole Ford route, personally. Reason being, the Ford SVO catalog has plenty of engine blocks available that would have fit the bill just fine. I wouldn't think 1000 hp from an Aluminum 351 Sportsman block would be unreasonable, punched out to 400 ci or so. Last I saw they had larger offerings as well. Not that I'm doggin it, it's a pretty bad a** setup, just that I would have taken a different direction.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:58 PM
colt

IT'S THE ULTIMATE SIN!!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:29 PM
nickb

Default it's a hotrod

plain and simple. putting a car together that never came from the factory that way IS HOTRODDING, like it or not, i love hot rods, i'm a gear head.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:43 PM
mlynch001

Reminds me of my high school buddy who asked me how to make a 67 Mustang GT 390 run. I was the local engine/hotrod guy, and the FE was so darn expensive to make both powerful AND reliable. I told him the least expensive way was to transplant a 396/427 Chevy into it and hold on. Hard to believe that ANYONE could justify the cost of building this car, just to prove a point. The LS Chevy is a great engine, but WHY? ? ? His money, his car, so I guess it is a moot point!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Alex821
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by automan_1954
I have to say that I have hated Fords for over 40 years, that is until I rode my sons 98 Cobra SVT convertible, which my wife and I now own. I am a GM guy at heart, I have owned about 14 cars mostly Pontiac, 2 Opels, a Charger and my first car a '65 Mustang.

Hey WHY NOT!!! The Mustang has to be the most loved American car and the Corvette the best handling American car. My best friend just passed this July. Anyone who lived around Manassas, Va and wanted to go fast must have meet him or hear of him " FAST EDDIE". He had 2 cars in "HOT ROD" magazine, a yellow '34 *****'s and a fox body called "RED ALERT". Any way he had a '94 Viper with over 1100HP to the wheels and the point is that it doesn't much matter to me what engine is under the hood, but how quick it gets to the finish line!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBE0nacFyTQ

not the best at handling
Old 09-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Alex821
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangls1
Bmr4life, I don't see how the amount of posts correlates with the amount of knowledge, or say that someone has in this forum.

Anyways, I think the build is completely logical, considering a 4.6 takes more work to get power out of; but I think the fabrication it takes to put an LS in a non-GM vehicle isn't always logical.
Ford boys, don't get me started on how overly confident ya'll can be in your engines, the only reliably powerful engine ya'll have came out with is the new Coyote 5.0L which I STILL think is under powered.

I am swapping an LS2 into a 1967 Mustang Coupe, I am also using a Super T-10 4-Speed transmission out of a 70's GM. The power-train choice is completely logical due to the fact that I will be participating in both trans am and autocross races. I am also using an 8.8 rear end, which I will say is very strong.
awesome car!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:38 AM
BriannaSue

Very unlikely combination but very interesting. Great idea!
Old 11-13-2011, 04:16 PM
MustangFTW

you could get over 1000hp from a built and Turbo'ed 460. that would be a very unique project, cost less, and not **** people off.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:12 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

I am confounded (not upset, cause it isn't my 150k hah) when such things like this are done. I mean really, could have just bought a Z06 Vette (2 even) or a dang ZR1 with plenty to spare to add to it even more, for the amount he spent overall? Or just bought a friggin' this; http://jonsibal.com/blog/2010/10/zr6...body-corvette/ and if there could be anything found left to do, just do it...

If you get a great deal on an engine, and you're doing the work and aren't loaded and able to drop 150k like this guy did - ok then? I can understand the common hotrod crankhead's desire to play around - somewhat.

His money his car, I'm sure it goes WOT WOT and all. Long as you're having fun..

Last edited by JayyVee; 11-13-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:26 AM
britt-lee

he Chevrolet Corvette is a sports car by the Chevrolet division of General Motors that has been produced in six generations. The first model, a convertible, was designed by Harley Earl and introduced at the GM Motorama in 1953 as a concept show car. Myron Scott is credited for naming the car after the type of small, maneuverable warship called corvette.[1] Originally built in Flint, Michigan and St. Louis, Missouri, the Corvette is currently built in Bowling Green, Kentucky and is the official sports car of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The National Corvette Museum documents the car's worldwide history and hosts the annual event.

Quick Reply: Unlikely or Ungodly Union: 1000hp Vette Powered Mustang