Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

When can the 2013 Mustang be had?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 07:17 PM
TheMarco
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Maverick302
Just came back from a quick run to a Dealership in Fremont CA to pick up some touchup paint. On the way out, I ran into the show room to see what's out there and low and behold they had a 2013 Mustang GT on display. The sticker on it was listed with only the MSRP price of $37K. They were kind of busy so no one actually came up to me about it. But for as far as I can tell it was available for sale.

My guess they should be available fairly soon. This dealer isn't considered a large volume selling place, but they aren't the smallest either.

OP: Best of luck finding the beauty you want! Take your time and like others had said visit other dealers to get the best pricing for you.

Sidenote:

The 2013 GT looks pretty damn nice and was making me feel pretty envious. I spent the time comparing the differences and snapped a few photos. Short of possibly highjacking this thread, I'd be happy to post them if the OP et all would be interested. Granted these are camera phone quality shots.

Regards,
Yes, do post!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Maverick302
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheMarco
Yes, do post!
I forgot the exact specs on this model, but it's a 6spd GT w/ Brembos & summer tires, Leather Interior, but didn't have all the premium options. MSRP for it was $37k.

Sorry for the poor quality, camera phone. Okie dokie, here they are!

Updated Mirrors:

Got a clear shot of the LED for the puddle lights Ford added. It illuminates a pony on the ground. It was too bright inside the show room to see the pony clearly. And the mirrors appear to have heated defrosters.

Updated Headlight Assembly

Clear shot of the updated assembly w/ the LED parking light illuminated

New LED Taillights

LED Parking Lit Rings, w/ seperate LED clusters for signal and brake.

Vented Hood

It's really vented underneath!

GT Front End

GT Rear End

Mysterious Bulbous Interior Rear Quarter Panels

Considerably larger in size compared to 2010-12, though not sure if it's aesthetic or if there's something underneath it.

Steering Wheel Control / Gauges

Map Light Assembly

Vented center piece on the light assembly. Not sure what that's for... Assuming an extra MIC for sync?

Regards,

Last edited by Maverick302; 03-17-2012 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Typos and punctuation errors.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:54 PM
TheMarco
2nd Gear Member

The vented hood is the most awesome improvement in my opinion. It looks SO cool!!!

By the way is that Fremont CA? That's super close to where I am. I'm in San Jose

I'm praying to the Lords of acceleration in the next two weeks for a few things to turn out in my favor. When they do I'll be ordering a School Bus Yellow BOSS
Old 03-18-2012, 02:28 AM
Maverick302
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheMarco
The vented hood is the most awesome improvement in my opinion. It looks SO cool!!!

By the way is that Fremont CA? That's super close to where I am. I'm in San Jose

I'm praying to the Lords of acceleration in the next two weeks for a few things to turn out in my favor. When they do I'll be ordering a School Bus Yellow BOSS
I REALLY like the 2013s... Everything they did just made the mustang all the more better (short of IRS) IMHO. When they first released the photos and information about them I was almost convinced to trade up to it... Then I realized how much money I'd lose out. LOL One good thing though, it seems most of the updated parts could be swapped into the 2010-12 models. It'd be awesome if the gauge cluster and controls would be compatible with the earlier models, but that's probably far fetched.

That dealer is off of Stevenson Blvd in Fremont next to the Newpark Mall area near where I'm at. Right off of i880. You're totally close by, take the 15 min drive up north and check it out in person. Pictures don't do it justice. I too hope things work in your favor so you can place the order.

Stevens Creek Ford didn't have any in stock? I figure they would have it first before Fremont Ford did.

Regards,
Old 03-19-2012, 07:31 AM
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

When someone gets a list of part numbers, hook the rest of us up!
Old 03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Dub's
1st Gear Member

Oh the 2013 tails looks ****.! Wonder if you can convert them to a 2011.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Maverick302
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dub's
Oh the 2013 tails looks ****.! Wonder if you can convert them to a 2011.
Without disassembling the taillights, the mounting locations "appear" to be the same/similiar. Though because the angled dip is gone, you'd probably need to replace the 2 piece bumper for the newer updated 1 piece. I personally am eye balling the GT500 Bumper that allows for the dual exhaust outlet.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:35 PM
mustangdebt
1st Gear Member

Several dealers around here have them. Went to the closest and they had 3 GTs and 2 v6. Boy those GTs were sharp and sounded great. I'll probably get one near the end of the year or when the 2014s are due to come out.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:54 PM
NHendrix15

I wish that vented hood would fit on my 2012 that thing is sexy.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:02 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

I really like the 2013s

Quick Reply: When can the 2013 Mustang be had?