Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & DiscussionDid you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside. Sponsored by CJ Pony Parts
Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Hey guys whats the best way to see about getting a new Mustang? I keep going back and forth between wanting the 2013 V6 stang, most likely base with 3.73 and maybe the Recaro's and the refreshed 2013 Genesis Coupe base 2.0t. I kind of wanted to stay with the Hyundai since my lease is up on my car in about 3 months and I have an extra set of wheels, shift ****, CAI and PA tune. I know the CAI won't fit the new car and I will at least have to get a new tune.
So I just called the dealer where I leased my car from and he's the biggest jerk high-pressure salesman of all time. At first he tried to get me to buy their left over 2012 3.8 r-spec. It does have a decent discount, but they have no cruise and its yellow. Then he tries to get me to bring my car in for appraisal right away since they are getting an new 2.0 r-spec in a few days. I explained to him its over an hour drive there and I work 3rd and I really wanted a base since they have cruise and are a couple grand less. He says they aren't going to be getting any more any time soon and it would be in my best interest to sell them my car since I will probably have some equity in it now, but add my remaining payments to the balance. Then he says my payments will be in the mid-400's even with a lease, then he calls back and says maybe what your paying now or a little more, wtf? If I wait, the value will drop because of the new models coming in, ect. I also don't want to take it in right away b/c I still have my intake and tune on it and different wheels and will have to drive to my dad's house to use his garage to put it back to stock.
Anyway, I'm about ready to check out a stang or some other cars just because I don't like the Hyundai dealer and there aren't any others in the area. I know I have my lease there and he hinted my car may be worth 18k or so and my residual is about 15.5 (since its in good shape and under in mileage) so I'm thinking that might be in my favor if I went elsewhere and they say something similar and if I wait and turn it in I will get nothing obviously. I think I can also get at least x-plan pricing at Ford, but I won't be able to use any of my mods except maybe the wheels for winter or something. Sorry for the long post, just wonder what you guys think. I'm thinking either call the local Ford dealership outside of town or drive over some morning and see what they have to say?
Nobody? I just called the local dealer and he seemed much more laid-back than the Hyundai guy (which is good), but they don't have any right now and don't know when they will. He did say I could option out what I'm looking for and see if there is one close they could trade for (but you have to pretty much have a commitment) or order one of course, but that will take about 6-8 weeks. I would really like to drive a couple V6's first before I commit. The last Mustang I drove was a 2009 GT so its been awhile. I guess there is no hurry as my lease is up in about 3 months, but still don't know if its would be better to try to sell the car to a dealership soon or wait until my lease is up and just turn it in? I know there is like a $400 fee and whatever they can find wrong. I probably pissed the Hy. dealer off over there too by not showing up yesterday, but oh well.
Anyway about the only thing I learned is that there aren't too many 13's in my area yet and that it sounds that you can order the track app as an option (I thought it only came on premiums). I may go out there tomorrow to get an idea what it will cost and what kind of deals I can get.
Lucky! I'm still waiting on mine. Looks like I'll have the twin to your car soon!
EDIT: D'oh! Saw yours was a GT!
I thought I wanted black or gray, but may be getting the deep impact blue too. I'm getting a V6 with at least upgraded gears and maybe seats and wheels. I haven't decided yet if I want manual or auto though.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware
corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford
Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor