Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

When can the 2013 Mustang be had?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Maverick302
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by NHendrix15
I wish that vented hood would fit on my 2012 that thing is sexy.
Me too... Though you could make it fit by swapping the front bumper / grill with the 2013 GT/V6 or GT500. The closest hood that would fit our cars would be the SMS Vented hood.

Last edited by Maverick302; 03-25-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Typos and punctuation errors...
Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 PM
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

My Ford dealership down in south Texas already sold its first 2013 Red GT....
Old 03-26-2012, 05:05 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

I'm waiting on my V-6. Dealer says it should take 3-7 weeks to come in. A handful of 2013s have started trickling onto the New England Ford lots but they are mostly GTs or poverty-spec V-6s.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 AM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Hey guys whats the best way to see about getting a new Mustang? I keep going back and forth between wanting the 2013 V6 stang, most likely base with 3.73 and maybe the Recaro's and the refreshed 2013 Genesis Coupe base 2.0t. I kind of wanted to stay with the Hyundai since my lease is up on my car in about 3 months and I have an extra set of wheels, shift ****, CAI and PA tune. I know the CAI won't fit the new car and I will at least have to get a new tune.

So I just called the dealer where I leased my car from and he's the biggest jerk high-pressure salesman of all time. At first he tried to get me to buy their left over 2012 3.8 r-spec. It does have a decent discount, but they have no cruise and its yellow. Then he tries to get me to bring my car in for appraisal right away since they are getting an new 2.0 r-spec in a few days. I explained to him its over an hour drive there and I work 3rd and I really wanted a base since they have cruise and are a couple grand less. He says they aren't going to be getting any more any time soon and it would be in my best interest to sell them my car since I will probably have some equity in it now, but add my remaining payments to the balance. Then he says my payments will be in the mid-400's even with a lease, then he calls back and says maybe what your paying now or a little more, wtf? If I wait, the value will drop because of the new models coming in, ect. I also don't want to take it in right away b/c I still have my intake and tune on it and different wheels and will have to drive to my dad's house to use his garage to put it back to stock.

Anyway, I'm about ready to check out a stang or some other cars just because I don't like the Hyundai dealer and there aren't any others in the area. I know I have my lease there and he hinted my car may be worth 18k or so and my residual is about 15.5 (since its in good shape and under in mileage) so I'm thinking that might be in my favor if I went elsewhere and they say something similar and if I wait and turn it in I will get nothing obviously. I think I can also get at least x-plan pricing at Ford, but I won't be able to use any of my mods except maybe the wheels for winter or something. Sorry for the long post, just wonder what you guys think. I'm thinking either call the local Ford dealership outside of town or drive over some morning and see what they have to say?
Old 03-29-2012, 05:33 AM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

picked up my 2013 gt premium with the track pack and recaros last night
Old 03-29-2012, 09:42 AM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Nobody? I just called the local dealer and he seemed much more laid-back than the Hyundai guy (which is good), but they don't have any right now and don't know when they will. He did say I could option out what I'm looking for and see if there is one close they could trade for (but you have to pretty much have a commitment) or order one of course, but that will take about 6-8 weeks. I would really like to drive a couple V6's first before I commit. The last Mustang I drove was a 2009 GT so its been awhile. I guess there is no hurry as my lease is up in about 3 months, but still don't know if its would be better to try to sell the car to a dealership soon or wait until my lease is up and just turn it in? I know there is like a $400 fee and whatever they can find wrong. I probably pissed the Hy. dealer off over there too by not showing up yesterday, but oh well.

Anyway about the only thing I learned is that there aren't too many 13's in my area yet and that it sounds that you can order the track app as an option (I thought it only came on premiums). I may go out there tomorrow to get an idea what it will cost and what kind of deals I can get.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:22 PM
I_Call_D.I.B.s
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by iceguyb14
picked up my 2013 gt premium with the track pack and recaros last night
Lucky! I'm still waiting on mine. Looks like I'll have the twin to your car soon!

EDIT: D'oh! Saw yours was a GT!

Last edited by I_Call_D.I.B.s; 03-29-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Brain fart
Old 03-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by I_Call_D.I.B.s
Lucky! I'm still waiting on mine. Looks like I'll have the twin to your car soon!

EDIT: D'oh! Saw yours was a GT!
I thought I wanted black or gray, but may be getting the deep impact blue too. I'm getting a V6 with at least upgraded gears and maybe seats and wheels. I haven't decided yet if I want manual or auto though.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Impact 5.0
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Maverick302
I forgot the exact specs on this model, but it's a 6spd GT w/ Brembos & summer tires, Leather Interior, but didn't have all the premium options. MSRP for it was $37k.

Sorry for the poor quality, camera phone. Okie dokie, here they are!

GT Front End

GT Rear End

Regards,
I didnt want to quote this with all the pics but this car now sit's in our driveway as of today.. Thanks Fremont Ford for an awesome deal!
Old 04-02-2012, 01:28 AM
Deki
1st Gear Member

^ I don't even know you but I'm really starting to not like you lol this is the third thread now I've looked at where I've seen your damn car. I'm trying so hard to be content with my 2011.

Quick Reply: When can the 2013 Mustang be had?