Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

The death of the Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 06:22 PM
bmore1186

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
According to The Wall Street Journal, the next Mustang will adopt many of the styling cues found on the new Fusion in a bid to attract younger buyers. ........ it will retain a few of its current design cues. Those in-the-know say the car new will keep its shark-nosed grille and round headlights. http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-mustang-2015.html
Pretty much the same idea of my original picture. Bothers me cause they want to make the Mustang more "global". The reason it's loved everywhere is because of how American it is. Leave the damn focus to be a focus.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:28 PM
All4One
3rd Gear Member

Those yasid design concepts don't look too bad. I think the camero look is coming from the stance. I wish everyone would quit putting that hump over the rear wheels.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JayyVee
Coming to a forum near you..

Another non-official 'guess' at what Ford has up their sleeves. (In 3-D!)

More happened from 73-74 that all mustang owners should have despised, than will go down at the 50th anni, I can assure you..

Here, let me get in on it too!

If we're gonna do guess pics, lets stick with good guesses until we get actual bad news?
Looks like a cross between current generation front and a Pantera rear. At least that is what it reminds me of. While I understand all the reasons to change, I won't buy a new one. Mustang = musclecar, Mustang ≠ supercar IMO. I bought an '09 because it reminded me of my 70 Mach 1. Heck they changed body styles every two years back then. I dumped my 2010 Camaro for several reasons, the looks were not one. One of the big reasons was Made in Canada! So if they go for a Euro style and you lose some buyers, maybe Ford will gain some too, it is their gamble and we'll have to see if it pays off. Funny thing is younger buyers don't and won't have money... what are the statistics for 20-30 year olds living at home?

I know my money will be spent modding mine instead of buying a new generation. If the new ones kick my a$$ all over the road, that will be fine, because I will still feel good in mine.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

BMORE1186 , if you post the link, it adds some authenticity since the source is actually a pretty good one. Still speculative though....

http://jalopnik.com/5901492/2015-for...y?popular=true
Old 04-16-2012, 11:02 PM
bmore1186

my bad, I thought I hyperlinked the website

The rear on the other concept kind of reminds me of the modern Ferraris right now though.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:26 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
The Mustang sells just fine. So relax.
Doesn't matter if it sells fine. If it doesn't outsell the Camaro, they will f*ck with it to try to do so...
Old 04-17-2012, 02:48 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

They have to change it sooner or later. What do you want another fox platform that runs for 15 years and people get boored with it? Evolve or die. People freaked out when the went from the fox to SN95 platform but the sn95 sold like crazy.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:13 PM
JayyVee
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
They have to change it sooner or later. What do you want another fox platform that runs for 15 years and people get boored with it? Evolve or die. People freaked out when the went from the fox to SN95 platform but the sn95 sold like crazy.
That's what I was saying, alot worse (better?) has happened in the history of the Pony (depending on who you listen to), I don't see them having any wiggle room in today's age and economics to 'goof' up. I expect it to be a little conservative insofar as changes you can 'see' but I expect technology to take a bigger pedestal on the Mustangs going forth.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by JayyVee
That's what I was saying, alot worse (better?) has happened in the history of the Pony (depending on who you listen to), I don't see them having any wiggle room in today's age and economics to 'goof' up. I expect it to be a little conservative insofar as changes you can 'see' but I expect technology to take a bigger pedestal on the Mustangs going forth.
I like your quote " I don't see them having any wiggle room in today's age and economics to 'goof' up."

and

bluebeastSRT "Evolve or die."

Here is my response to it. http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...text|FRONTPAGE

I guess you can say it is apples and oranges, but don't forget all of the losers in evolution and no wiggle room to mess up. I'll wallow in my pessimism.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Evolve? Of course yes. Turn into musclerice in an effort to attract the younger dumber crowd? No. But sales are all that matters, I get that even if I am older and don't like it.

Quick Reply: The death of the Mustang