Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Front License Plates

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2012, 04:55 AM
pilatti1
2nd Gear Member

In Connecticut they are Required as well, but I do not have one on my '07 or '65 and as of yet have not been bothered. On my '07 I have it on the visor so I can flip it down if needed in a hurry, this way it is unseen until I flip it down an then I can say it is displayed in the front. I like this better then putting it on the dashboard & windsheild.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:12 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pilatti1
In Connecticut they are Required as well, but I do not have one on my '07 or '65 and as of yet have not been bothered. On my '07 I have it on the visor so I can flip it down if needed in a hurry, this way it is unseen until I flip it down an then I can say it is displayed in the front. I like this better then putting it on the dashboard & windsheild.
That would work in CT? Up here in MA, you'd get a "Nice try, here's your ticket" with that one.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:20 PM
dsslayer1210
1st Gear Member

Yeah MA is especially stingy on all their laws. It's stupid.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stuart McWilliams
Surprisingly, cops here are VERY chill. They're not the "let's get him just because." I saw a guy downtown turn the wrong way down a wrong way right in front of a cop and the cop just watched to make sure the guy caught his mistake. The guy turned around and the cop moved along.
In MA they probably would have called out the SWAT team for that one
Old 07-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Stuart McWilliams
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dsslayer1210
Yeah MA is especially stingy on all their laws. It's stupid.
Surprisingly, cops here are VERY chill. They're not the "let's get him just because." I saw a guy downtown turn the wrong way down a wrong way right in front of a cop and the cop just watched to make sure the guy caught his mistake. The guy turned around and the cop moved along.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:20 PM
5spdftw
2nd Gear Member

I just got stopped yesterday specifically for no front plate. It was way early in the morning and I was the only car at a red light when a sheriff pulled into the left turn lane in front of me. Light turned green, 30 seconds later I have lights on behind me. I put my tinted windows down right away and got away with that at least. I'm about to tape the bracket on and get the ticket signed off.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:05 AM
TotalDbag
1st Gear Member

As far as I know they're not required in North Carolina. That makes me happy. I still don't understand the BS behind front plates. Is it to make it easier to see by police, and cameras?
Old 08-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

When they were rewriting the road laws in Texas this year they forgot to add the part where they say you have to have a front plate. I just got a new bumper so I wouldn't drill holes in it anyways.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:32 PM
13pony
1st Gear Member

Any port in a storm for traffic cops in el lay....I usually keep my front plate in the front window cocked in the dash. However, on this new baby I tinted the windshield, (heh heh), so I'm torn between actually putting holes in my new bumper...(kill me)!, or the plate bracket offered by Craigs Mustang brackets....looks good, don't even really have plates on it yet cause I ordered personalized from DMV....
Old 08-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Det.FrankBullitt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TotalDbag
As far as I know they're not required in North Carolina. That makes me happy. I still don't understand the BS behind front plates. Is it to make it easier to see by police, and cameras?
I think you hit the nail on the head CAMERAS ! I live in the peoples republic of New Jersey. They are putting Red light Cams all over the place and they like that nice photo of you and your plate that the camera takes. I figure that the states that don't require a front plate now soon will if they start a traffic camera program like we have in NJ. They are raking in big bucks with the cameras. My old lady got one for making a right turn on a red because she failed to come to a complete stop.Of corse the car was registered in my name so i had to go pay the ticket. There was a line of people halfway around the building. While waiting I started asking people in the line what they got the ticket for. Every person i spoke to said Right turn on red with ought making a full stop. I have no sympathy for people who blow through RED lights. But a slow roll on a right turn on red seems to be the big money maker. 80 bucks a pop. And the front plate sure looked good on the photos that came in the mail with the ticket. As they say " Follow the money"

Quick Reply: Front License Plates