Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Goodies at the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xenocide
wipe off your camera lens :0

nice car **** though.
Thanks. I'm new to picture and don't know anything, so why should I wipe then lens? Does it look a bit blurry?

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Wow I want that 13' Black 302 LS sooo much! Awesome color combo.
The Laguna Seca was bad ***! Definately my favorite car on the dealership.

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
I absolutely hate the wheels on the '12 Boss cars...
I like the black with the polished lip, but I do think the design could have been done much better.

Originally Posted by SchneidyP4.6
I actually prefer that PW 12 Boss, so nice.
The 12 and 13 definately have their pros and cons. I personally prefer the stripes on the 13 more. Other than that, they're both equally bad ***.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:24 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
They look much better on the '13.
I don't like the polished lip - makes it look like a ghetto ride...

I like the boss, but I'm not gonna pay $45K+ for a mustang, and then have to pay to put decent wheels on it. I don't like 20's either.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:38 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Antonio323
Thanks. I'm new to picture and don't know anything, so why should I wipe then lens? Does it look a bit blurry?
First, your phone's camera kinda sucks. Look at all the pictures and you'll notice that each one has a bloom at the top of the frame - it looks like fog.

Second, you have to consider the light source. NEVER shoot a picture while facing into the sun if you can avoid it. Also, the lights inside the showroom priced a really bad glare on the hood of the yellow Boss. Finally, try to avoid shooting pics in direct sunlight in the middle of the day. Admittedly, trying to get decent pics at a dealer is really hard.

Since there's nothing you can do about your camera, you need to adjust the pics before uploading them. I took the liberty of doing it to a few of them. Notice how the yellow Boss and red Shelby really pop now:

Old 08-09-2012, 05:45 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
First, your phone's camera kinda sucks. Look at all the pictures and you'll notice that each one has a bloom at the top of the frame - it looks like fog.

Second, you have to consider the light source. NEVER shoot a picture while facing into the sun if you can avoid it. Also, the lights inside the showroom priced a really bad glare on the hood of the yellow Boss. Finally, try to avoid shooting pics in direct sunlight in the middle of the day. Admittedly, trying to get decent pics at a dealer is really hard.

Since there's nothing you can do about your camera, you need to adjust the pics before uploading them. I took the liberty of doing it to a few of them. Notice how the yellow Boss and red Shelby really pop now:

Yeah, the camera on iPhones suck. I know what you mean about not shooting directly in front of the sun, but I can't move the cars around at the dealership and I was trying to get shots of different angles so I just went ahead and took it as best I could. And wow, you really did make those pics look much better. I don't have any photo editing software, which is why I didn't edit them before posting them up. Thanks for the pointers!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:56 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

How's this?

Last edited by Antonio323; 08-09-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:29 PM
FastBreak
1st Gear Member

It's funny how so many people feel stressed or pressured at a dealership, and loathe going in to look around or talk to somebody. I'm like you, I love walking around checking out the cars. The salesmen don't bother me at all. If I'm looking to buy, they better be careful or I'll steal their wallet. If I'm not looking to buy, I just hope they they are comfortable chatting about cars.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:31 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Dealer and brakes checked in the same sentence
seems a little expensive to me...
Old 08-10-2012, 07:44 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastBreak
It's funny how so many people feel stressed or pressured at a dealership, and loathe going in to look around or talk to somebody. I'm like you, I love walking around checking out the cars. The salesmen don't bother me at all. If I'm looking to buy, they better be careful or I'll steal their wallet. If I'm not looking to buy, I just hope they they are comfortable chatting about cars.
Many people have the wrong idea about dealerships. Many people think that walking into a dealership means having a salesman breathing down your neck at all times. If you let it be known that you have no interest in buying, many will leave you alone. A few that are really into cars will chat with you for a while.

Originally Posted by 157dB
Dealer and brakes checked in the same sentence
seems a little expensive to me...
it wasn't bad at all, really. If anything, i'll go as far as stating that it was a mistake not going to the dealer in the first place. I had a shop put in some crappy brakes that were really really loud and annoying. What a waste of money. That's a mistake I'll never make again.