Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Jeremy Clarkson's Pasty English Ass Comes To America To Drive Some Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 07:35 AM
Fridge56Vet
2nd Gear Member

Mr. Brooksy - I'll be in Sydney for a couple days before heading home. The conference is in Aukland & my friends & I will be doing a whirlwind tour of NZ around that. Good idea on visiting a Ford dealer while there, I may have to do that!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Mr Brooksy

Originally Posted by steev
Ah, stupid autocorrect! That completely slipped my eyes. I guess my phone thought I meant Monaco :|.

I understand when a FWD car has too much power as the front wheels only have so much grip, but the Aussie RWD V8s? Apart from the petrol cost, they aren't too big, seeing as they're (the Holden at least, don't know about the Falcons) evolutions of the Carlton/Omega that wasn't too big back in the 90s. Although they spoke about the global Mustang coming to the UK, said it would only be coming with a 2.0l EcoBoost and were mad that it would be the only engine. Seriously TG, make a decision on what you want!
Clarksons complaints with our Falcons was that they looks ugly, and that with a standard 335KW (with 375KW on overboost available) and only 245-30-20 wheels and tires its too powerful for the chassis, touring spring rate settings and tire combo. Which is true, but its also not hard to get a set of 275s under the rear end for for bite and larger anti roll bars and stiffer springs for handling (which factory did for a limited Rspec model run).

The Falcon is based on its own platform, with roots dating back to the original Falcons that the US and Australia had in the 60's, shared only with our own SUV named Territory.

Are you serious that they would only send the 2.0L Ecoboost to the UK? You'd think that there are enough M3 and Merc AMGs over there that it would be worth a shot with the 5.0. All I can say is that since the Global Mustang was announced many of us Aussies are looking forward to a 5.0 with IRS! Should sit nicley beside our GT and F6.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Mr Brooksy

Originally Posted by Fridge56Vet
Mr. Brooksy - I'll be in Sydney for a couple days before heading home. The conference is in Aukland & my friends & I will be doing a whirlwind tour of NZ around that. Good idea on visiting a Ford dealer while there, I may have to do that!
There are plenty of Sydneysiders that have the GT, and would love to chat all things blue oval I'm sure. But the Dealers would be your best bet. Be aware though that not all Ford Dealers can sell FPV's of which the GT is. So while you're there a quick Google search will easily inform you of the local FPV/Ford dealer. Oh and if your lucky get a ride in a GT RSpec, beefed up suspension and wider rear rubber, fastest Aussie Muscle car available atm.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:37 PM
BroncoTrooper

I always take everything Jeremy says with a grain of salt. Sure, his digs at Americans/Mustangs/etc. get a little old, but whatever. Granted I'm pretty tough to offend, but I usually find humor in what he says, even when he's bagging on our beloved Mustangs.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Farfus

He's funny, but he's so arrogant when it comes to cars with British heritage. The Range Rover and Jaguar cars are the best cars ever made according to him. Even though he drives Mercedes.