Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Watch A British Ford Mustang Owner Crash And Make An Ass Of Himself

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 02:06 PM
MustangForums Editor
MustangForums Editor

Default Watch A British Ford Mustang Owner Crash And Make An *** Of Himself

When you leave a car show, there is always that temptation to show off. Do a burnout, break the tail loose, accelerate hard. You know, something. Well, don't do it because it will eventually go wrong. That's what one British Mustang owner found out this weekend.

Yesterday was the Big Breakfast Meet in Malton, England. Think of it like the British version of Cars & Coffee. As you'd find at a large Cars & Coffee here in the states, there were people lining the streets, watching the cars exit.

Welp, one Mustang owner had to go and ruin the fun for everyone else. He pulls out of the parking lot and decides to get on it. As he accelerates away, he loses control of the car and plows into a tree or two. I've found three angles of the video, but none show the precise cause of the accident.

It looks to me like he didn't notice the cop car on the left side of the road, veered right, thought he was going to hit an oncoming car, and then overcorrected. That's how he ended up in the trees.

At least he didn't plow into a row of people.

Here's a top tip: Don't try and show off in a car in front of a large group, unless you're ready to be cripplingly embarrassed.

(Hat Tip to Garry!)
Old 04-08-2013, 09:40 AM
steev
2nd Gear Member

This made me cringe to watch. From a US viewpoint, it makes it look like us brits can't handle muscle cars, from a British viewpoint, it looks like Mustangs are terrible.

Either way, it looks like he slams on the brakes when he sees the Police car and there might be a little diesel or the tarmac is greasy. Whatever it is, he's a tool.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Dj_Seph
4th Gear Member

I see no video...
Old 04-08-2013, 01:50 PM
steev
2nd Gear Member

I saw it first on reddit, so just found the link there... http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=raW7Q8rBAe8#!

It's really not even a 'good' crash.
Old 04-08-2013, 04:16 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Looked to me like he got on hard and at the same time appears to be dirt or sand on the pavement. It would really suck because I imagine that is a fairly rare car over there.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:42 PM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Originally Posted by mph07alloy
Looked to me like he got on hard and at the same time appears to be dirt or sand on the pavement. It would really suck because I imagine that is a fairly rare car over there.

No, it doesn't suck. It just makes the remaining Mustangs worth more.

Mustang ownership has always had its pluses and minuses. On the plus side, Mustangs are affordable, fairly high performing cars. They are easy to modify and keep going with tons of aftermarket support.

On the minus side, being a Mustang owner means being associated with Mustang owners. You know, those guys who don't know how to drive and hit trees while driving in a straight line down a public road next to a police car. Guys who don't have a shred of individuality and post threads to get others' opinions on wheels, wings, spoilers and everything else so they can personalize their cars to look like every other personalized Mustang.

Do the pluses outweigh the douche bags? I don't know, but I do know I bought one of 1,079 new 2004 Dark Shadow Gray Mustangs. I'd like to thank all the douche bag 2004 Mach 1 owners who have crashed their cars over the past nine years making mine one out of approximately 500. With any luck, douche bag 2004 Mach 1 owners will turn my car into a one of one by the 2030 Barratt-Jackson auction.

By the way, that British police car is all reflective safety orange and yellow and the cop is wearing a "health & safety" high visibility vest!

Last edited by Sonic Mustang; 04-08-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:21 PM
mariusvt
1st Gear Member

It looked more like he got on it, then seemed to be steering or something as that car passed in front of the camera and lost it. Maybe he was too close in the lane where that parked van was.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:01 PM
steev
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang
By the way, that British police car is all reflective safety orange and yellow and the cop is wearing a "health & safety" high visibility vest!
They also had to make all speed cameras high visibility. Although they do a good job at earning the local council money, they didn't actually help with preventing collisions. In Essex, they've got a unit with marked Subaru STis and Mitsubishi Evo 10s patrolling the A roads and motorways now. Which are unsurprisingly a better way of protecting people (rather than making money).
Old 04-09-2013, 08:16 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Does look like there is sand on the road. You can see what looks like a cloud of dust from the car that pulls out before him going the opposite direction. Same looking cloud of dust when he loses control. *** end may have broken loose hitting the sand. Either way you would still look like a *** in front of everyone, and never live it down.