Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

New Mustang Convertible Hardtop

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Smooth Line

Default New Mustang Convertible Hardtop

For Immediate Release

Contacts:
Lindsey Fussenegger
PR, Smooth Line Inc.
e-mail: lfussenegger@gmail.com

Gary Fussenegger
Sales, Smooth Line Inc.
(724) 274-6002
e-mail: smooth@smoothline.com

New Mustang Convertible Hardtop

Smooth Line Inc, 21 June 2005— Mustang convertible fans, whether you prefer the wind in your hair or the sleek look of a fastback hardtop, you can now enjoy the best of both worlds.

Smooth Line, the world’s leading manufacturer of Removable Hardtops, has introduced its most traffic stopping project yet, The Mustang “Daytona R” Hardtop. It will fit any Mustang Convertible from 1994-2004.

The “Daytona R” is guaranteed to update your Mustang into a meaner, more eye appealing ride. This finely hand-crafted hardtop has an alluring smooth design that will give your Mustang an extra edge.

This lightweight hardtop is practical for any Mustang owner; it is easy to install, no tools are required, no modifications needed. The “Daytona R” comes with tinted windows, completely upholstered interior, exterior rain guards, rear quarter windows (with optional side scoops) and weather tight seals. You are sure to get the thumbs-up when cruising in your Mustang convertible with a Smooth Line Hardtop.

Update your Mustang convertible now with the retro look! Call toll free 1-877-368-4533 or visit www.smoothline.com for more information.
###

[IMG]local://upfiles/18434/5E0BC194B3D8494FABF69E3DAEE0A318.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-28-2005, 09:53 AM
GBPackerFan
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New Mustang Convertible Hardtop

[sm=goodidea.gif] I like! "C"
Old 09-18-2010, 12:09 PM
Martynas
1st Gear Member

Thumbs up hardtop for 2010 GT Convertible?

dear smoothline,

In two weeks i will ship car to eastern europe and i am in big need of hardtop for my 2010 GT Convertible. some weeks before i heard rumors that you are testing this new hartop and will start sales of it.

it it is not ready yet maybe i could buy a 'beta' version and fix the rest my self. or maybe new one is already prepared for sales?

Thanks for reply,

Martin
Old 01-23-2011, 10:07 AM
Martynas
1st Gear Member

thanks smoothline, i have put just to check yesterday evening how the top sits on my car. it seems to be fine. just the finish and windows will be done in the service shop

Old 01-23-2011, 10:29 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Is this a self-promoting spammer? His very first post and it is an advertisement!
Old 01-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Martynas
1st Gear Member

No thats a guy whom i have bought my vert top. Everything seems to be fine ,although llittle pricey but keeping in mind -10 outside its fine. I wanted to post him a picture because i wassnt sure if hardtop from 2005-2009 will fit on 2010-2012 but it sits just fine. The only spammer here is me. Look at his post date 2005 i was still running VW )
Old 02-01-2011, 03:29 AM
Martynas
1st Gear Member

added a video of finished hardtop here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-YqgNElEWg

althoug those hard tops are sold in DIY kit, I have faced some problems with instalation. As i have figured its almost impossible to do it yorself in the garage. Windows need to be glued in and it took two days for the professional bodyshop. Also instaling window and ruber seals took couple of hours for two persons. but result seems to be fine for driving here -35'C outside in North Europe. I still have not finished it, but original coating surface seems almost identical to my vynil wrap ).

Last edited by Martynas; 02-01-2011 at 08:01 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:43 AM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

Holy old posts batman.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:10 PM
VENOM_0

Originally Posted by Martynas
added a video of finished hardtop here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-YqgNElEWg

althoug those hard tops are sold in DIY kit, I have faced some problems with instalation. As i have figured its almost impossible to do it yorself in the garage. Windows need to be glued in and it took two days for the professional bodyshop. Also instaling window and ruber seals took couple of hours for two persons. but result seems to be fine for driving here -35'C outside in North Europe. I still have not finished it, but original coating surface seems almost identical to my vynil wrap ).

Martynas,
Love the way your car is looking. I like the matte black.
I am thinking about purchasing the smooth line hardtop after looking at your car. Please post pictures of the finished product. In your video, I see that there seems to be a large gap between the top and the body...Is that something you're working on or is it just the way the top is made.

Once again, congrats on a gorgeous stang. Keep us posted on the progress of your hardtop.
I think you're the only one who has purchased that hardtop for the new body style.

R,
Old 02-02-2011, 03:17 AM
fxsts

I will have to check out the tops...looks like a good idea.

Quick Reply: New Mustang Convertible Hardtop