Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
Sponsored by CJ Pony Parts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 11-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
MustangForums Editor
IB Staff

Default Is Roush's Stage 3 The Best Mustang You Can Buy?

The aftermarket for the Ford Mustang is simply insane. But it always seems that the best modified Mustangs come straight from Ford. Does the Roush Stage 3 defeat the Boss 302 as the best Mustang you can get?

Read more...
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
MustangForums Editor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT

The douche in this video says it best, This Roush cost 68K and it costs way to much $$, buy a vette for that kind of money, it a faster car, on a better platform or buy a LS Boss for 48K and slap a SC on it and save a ton of money.

"Much more of a hoot to drive than you might imagine. Think of it if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under her tweed pants. I do, and it helps."
Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear BBC
daredevil95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

One of the recent car magazines reviewed the Roush RS3 and they were only able to get a couple tenths faster 1/4 over a stock GT. I think the Roush is more of a handling car but for the money I'd rather have a GT500. I think a boss 302 is just as good, if not more so, as a Roush.
Mods:93 octane race tune by AmericanMuscle/Bama performance
Pypes pype bomb axle backs and a K&N air filter
Csrt4to5.0gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:16 AM   #4
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Mustang GT/2011 Mustang Vert
DjfunkmasterG @GaryUgarek

I love stangs and I love what Roush does with stangs, but they're way over priced considering what they add to the car.

For 68k I expect to keep up with a Vette, but that isn't the case. I'll stick with my stock GT and V6 vert DD.

2014 Mustang GT Premium - The Grinch
2014 Kia Sportage AWD - Dory
1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT - Shadow

RIP: Silver Bullet II: The Sequel, Boris, Loki and Natasha

Quote:
Yippie Ki-Yay Mustang Lovers
Gary Ugarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
steev
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Ford Mustang V6

It seems like you're paying for their overheads and warranty when you buy a Roush Mustang.

I think it looks so much better than the tacky bodykitted Saleens (apart from the non functional scoop) but like he said at the end of the video, the warranty and package isn't quite worth the price, especially since you're in Corvette territory and it's a much better platform to start with.

If you'll never mod your Mustang but want it modded by a proven name, then maybe this is the car for you. It loses some of the practicality with the rear seats gone (however much a token they are) and I'd rather build mine up myself and learn than have it all done by someone else.
steev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #6
427Roush
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Ford, Mustang

The RS3 is over priced. It has no KBB presence and is bested by the GT500 in speed.
I consider it to be inferior to the Boss LS that has partially forged internals.
My money is on the Boss 302 and I'd upgrade to the LS version for the extra engine internals and fluid coolers for road course track days.
If you must have a Roush Stage 3 then wait for awhile and take advantage of the dealer rebates at the end of the model year. I got almost $15K off MSRP for my 07 when I bought the last one off the lot in early 08.
427Roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:57 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement