Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
Sponsored by CJ Pony Parts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-31-2014, 02:16 PM   #1
MustangForums Editor
MustangForums Editor

Default The 2015 Ford Mustang Might Have Just Gained A Whole Fat Guy In Weight

Click the image to open in full size.

We know how much the 2015 Ford Mustang will cost, but we're still not exactly sure how much power it has. Ford will only say that the V8-powered GT will have "more than 420 horsepower." Let's hope it's a lot more, because we just heard that the Horse just gained around 200 to 300 pounds.

Read more...
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
MustangForums Editor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:07 PM   #2
slarson

Vehicle: 2014 Mustang Gt
Default How Much Weight????

For the last year all I have heard is the new car would be 100's of pounds lighter. Then I hear IRS going in that right there will add a couple of hundred pounds over a solid axle (at least the weight is over the back not the front). Then I get to see the car in person at Charlotte and I don't know how they will get the new car any where close to the weight of the 2014, it is larger has a bunch more gadgets and I could not see anywhere there was a real effort to trim the weight. I know it got aluminum hood (oops current car has that already) aluminum fenders, maybe a weight savings of 5 or 6 pounds. I even crawled under the car (got yelled at for that) looking for some kind of magic weight savings, but nothing there. My guess the new car is going to be over 3800 lbs which like the extremely overweight current Camaro it will need a bunch more power to keep up. Sad part is they have said they want to gain a foothold in non American market with this car but the foreign markets value precise handling with plenty of power and a lean smooth driving car. This car does not seem to fit the mold.
slarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #3
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

Did it still have the 45lb two piece drive shaft under there? I knew this thing was going to be heavy. I'm going to get a used gt500! I don't care about handling! i want something light with tons of power so it feels like I'm about to go back in time at WOT!

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 07:50 AM   #4
Slow*Jim
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011 Mustang GT

if you want something light you don't want a gt500
Old 06-04-2014, 04:05 PM   #5
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 mustang gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow*Jim View Post
if you want something light you don't want a gt500
With the power your can get out of a gt500 with $1,000 in mods, the extra weight won't matter. Unless the 2015 comes out with 600rwhp, a used gt500 would be my choice for fast.

whipple HO SC,FRPP k springs, Pypes mid mufflers, hurst, frpp TB, 4.10's, spohn lca's, adj. UCA, relo brackets, 1 piece DS, spec stg 3+ clutch. 12.52@117.6mph so far with a 2.01 60 ft time

Pumpkin jacking addict
moosestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #6
Ford604

Vehicle: 2014, Ford Mustang, GT

the rumour at work is that it will have 445hp. this is just a rumour though. personally i still can get over the new body style. doesn't look like a mustang at all. not a big fan.
Ford604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #7
nsult
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT, 1971 Chevy Nova

Just because my weight is 220 doesn't mean I am a "fat guy" you should make this thread PC by calling it "The 2015 Ford Mustang Might Have Just Gained a Slightly Overweight Guy and Little Person in Weight."
nsult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:34 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement