Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
Sponsored by CJ Pony Parts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-07-2014, 05:07 PM   #11
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: Ford Ranger Roush Replica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D View Post
Maybe I'll like the looks of a 2015 GT 500 better!
The smart money says there won't be a 2015 GT500, the rumor rumbles imply there might be a GT350, or a Mach 1 in 2016 or 2017 MY, although with continued inflation they will probably be $50-$70K.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
AK_Kayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:14 PM   #12
nsult
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Mustang GT, 1971 Chevy Nova

I like the new look of the mustang, but on the same note I enjoy the old school nods in that have been incorporated in the cars. I feel the old school inclusions helped make the cars stand out from looking like every other car on the road.
nsult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:16 PM   #13
Mr. D
Closet Republican

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker View Post
The smart money says there won't be a 2015 GT500, the rumor rumbles imply there might be a GT350, or a Mach 1 in 2016 or 2017 MY, although with continued inflation they will probably be $50-$70K.
Wouldn't doubt it! EPA mileage requirements make the 5.8L hard to live with. Imagine the cost of running the 5.8L in Europe. The Coyote engine and the Ecoboost are probably the engines of the future.

To me Ford is missing the boat going the "old school" approach of building an engine when dropping a supercharger gets the job done while making a better engine for everyday driving. They should put out a setup like that with, tougher lower end internals, big brakes & better shocks for the middle $50K range & do what guys like me are doing with Roush right now! That Mustang could run both a 6 Spd. standard & automatic and sell like hot cakes! I'd write a check now! It's a better approach than limited production Shelbys the dealers make maximum markup on, but what do I know!

Using "Logical Fallacies" because of a weak argument? https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:27 AM   #14
Mr. D
Closet Republican

Anyone notice that I made the Fusion wider among other subtle changes to get it to look more like a Mustang? The Mustang still looks better!

Maybe I'll like the 2015 better when I see one in the flesh! I hope it sells well!

Using "Logical Fallacies" because of a weak argument? https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
Mr. D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 10:27 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement