Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

2015 EcoBoost 6MT - best 0-60mph times?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2015, 03:20 PM
draketank

Default 2015 EcoBoost 6MT - best 0-60mph times?

hey guys
Lucky auto writer. 2015 Ecoboost manual transmission with performance pack 201A to test this week.

Question about sprint pace. What kinds of times do you guys get on the Track Apps acceleration timer?

V6 convertible 6A pulled a 6.7s for me previously -- and Car/Driver quotes a 5.5s time for the Turbo coupe automatic.

Been trying all day and can't get it lower than 6.5s. Experienced stick driver.

Thoughts?
Old 02-11-2015, 03:22 PM
draketank

Loving the car overall. Just feels a little pokey.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:38 PM
TheZman
1st Gear Member

I just picked up the same car in the color Guard.. Im guessing most of your best times for this car will be seen by guys on the track in ideal temps.. as with any car.. its hard to get good times on the street with road grit, pot holes, uneven pavement ect ect... Im really looking forward in how this car does with some big mods done like bigger turbo, down pipe, full exhaust, and a really good tune.. i know SCT, and other companies like Livernoise are getting in the 12s and upper 11s with this car already just with a good tune and drag radials!
Old 02-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

This car should run 0-60 in 5 seconds flat. Are you running premium gas? What rear end gears does it have? Is it broken in yet? Is traction control turned off?
Old 02-11-2015, 03:53 PM
TheZman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chromeshadow
This car should run 0-60 in 5 seconds flat. Are you running premium gas? What rear end gears does it have? Is it broken in yet? Is traction control turned off?
The Performance pack comes with 355 gears..
Old 02-11-2015, 04:40 PM
draketank

Yep, 3.55. Will post videos soon. Tank was full when I got it but added 104 octane boost and topped w premium. Still slow. Tried all. The off. Advancetrac and Tcs off... All on. Normal, sport plus, track.... Nowhere nears the 5's yet. Stay tuned for vids
Old 02-11-2015, 05:14 PM
TheZman
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by draketank
Yep, 3.55. Will post videos soon. Tank was full when I got it but added 104 octane boost and topped w premium. Still slow. Tried all. The off. Advancetrac and Tcs off... All on. Normal, sport plus, track.... Nowhere nears the 5's yet. Stay tuned for vids
Its going to be hard to get those perfect times on the street especially with stock tires.. even just a little bit of wheel spin with out even realizing it is enough to slaughter your time not to mention all the other factors.. even people with v8 or any other engines run in to the same problem in less then ideal road conditions. and also unless your a pro with the manual set up in that spankin new car all ready that plays a big part as well.. when it comes to 0-60 and manual tranny times you have to be a pro shifting robot with good sticky tires and a perfect road to get a fantastic time.. even on the track thats why alot of drag racers prefer an automatic transmission to take alot of the driver error out as much as possible to get the best time.. manual tranny is still more fun on the street and better on a circle track tho.. i wouldnt sweat the 0-60 times on the street at all.. ive owned many muscle cars over the years from Camaros to my Chrysler 300 srt8 and its not easy to take it and get a perfect 0-60 time on the street no matter what car it is.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:25 PM
draketank

thanks @TheZman I think it must be tires, the fuel, or the fact that it is a pre-production car. it has 5600 miles from other auto testers. bummed bc it just feels pretty slow, even aside from 60-mph times.

here are two 4K gopro videos of attempts. 70 degrees, very low humidity.

street here

disused airport runway here (highly sticky surface)

overall it is a good car. just wanted ecoboost to be quicker than the v6 automatic ragtop. =/
Old 02-11-2015, 05:42 PM
TheZman
1st Gear Member

Pre production car? idk...?? only thing i can tell you is my new 2015 mustang i4 Turbo performance package is plenty fast for being new and all stock.. Thats coming from a 300 SRT8 owner! I have no doubt once some mods are thrown at this turbo and a good tune its going to be a beast! I can also add that my 2013 WRX turbo that i sold didnt feel as quick as this car stock for stock. And everybody knows the power they get out of those cars with mods.. Give it 5 years of aftermarket for the big mods to come out for this car and remember when i said this, this car is going to be a beast!!!
Old 02-11-2015, 05:53 PM
TheZman
1st Gear Member

Also altitude and temp and humidity plays a huge role in 0-60 times as well you realize that right?..at sea level, above sea level, what where you at? Im guessing if you had the 5.0 tested on that same road on the same exact day and conditions it wouldnt have got its claimed 0-60 times either!

Quick Reply: 2015 EcoBoost 6MT - best 0-60mph times?