Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Recall your VERY FIRST ride... in a Mustang!

Old 02-18-2015, 06:04 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Default Recall your VERY FIRST ride... in a Mustang!

For me.... well... I was 5 years old when the 1964 Worlds Fair opened in NYC... and it was there... on the "Magic Skyway" that I took my very first ride in a Mustang.

Obviously.... it left a very long lasting impression.

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages...ds%20Fair.aspx
Old 02-23-2015, 10:14 PM
Stang BB
2nd Gear Member

I've been away from the forum for a while. This seems like a good enough post to make a return. lol

So my first ride in a Mustang actually was with a neighbor/friend back around 68. My friend had a 67 hardtop and being before intermittent wipers, he thought he'd play a trick on me. I was in the back seat and another friend was in the front and apparently in on the fun as well. There was a light drizzle and as he pointed out, the wipers would make a sweep and stop. He had both hands on the wheel and clearly was not operating the normal wiper switch. He told me that the windshield had sensors that automatically operated the wipers when needed.

Well I was already in love with the 67 Mustang and this was truly amazing. Then after a few giggles between my two friends, they pointed out the foot pedal. I thought it was still cool as hell. A couple of years later I bought a 67 hardtop of my own. It was my first Mustang of course. I really loved that car. It's what the S197 reminded me of. I loved that style so much that I finally got an 05.
Old 02-23-2015, 10:31 PM
heslekrants
2nd Gear Member

Paid $400 for a 1965 Mustang Conv, pushed the power top button & down when the top without any issues. It was a bright & sunning South Florida day and I think I was glowing brighter than the sun. I drove the car home by myself (my Dad was in the car behind me). It was about a 20 mile drive and the car drove flawlessly. I was only 14 years old. That was 40 years ago. The car is still in the family, My Dad & brother did the whole Hot Rod Power Tour last year.

That's my Dad in the pic. The Mustang now has a 4.6L DOHC V8 & a Jag IRS.

Name:  1965MustangConv_zps9be0deab.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  74.3 KB
Old 02-27-2015, 09:34 PM
james_steep34

I remember it vividly, 10 years ago when my dad drove his mustang to San diego with my cousins. everyone really enjoyed the ride + the scenery. We were all singing will dad drives. cool car indeed
Old 02-28-2015, 11:15 AM
Jim74656
1st Gear Member

not sure if it was really a stand but i remember riding in a T-top type car, and really thought it was cool as a kid and enjoyed those type of cars, and saw a mustang and knew that I wanted to at least own a sporty car once in my life, then finally after hitting 27 sig other decides to surprise (ok it really wasn't one, I had a car to trade and I saw the stang first, but didn't really mention much of it) and said lets go look at a mustang so you can have something fun to drive instead of the boring Nissan Altima "death can" (it was the 2000 model Altima) and well after a few test drives to confirm if I really wanted the stang or something different I at first tested a few Dodge chargers and challengers and corvettes but decided the Ford Mustang is where its at, already have a Ford truck that is proven its self reliable and why shouldn't I have the same for the Ford car?

so that is really my "first official" Mustang ride (drive?) was when we went for a test drive of the Mustang and I decided after allowing the car to grow on me that I really did like it and wanted to love it and now I do
Old 03-01-2015, 09:16 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Not hard to remember, never owned a Mustang, none of my friends did either. First ride was on 3 July 2010........................delivery day !!
...........................The prep.
Name:  firstdaywiththeGT500001.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  130.7 KB
.............................Day 2.
Name:  GT500day24July2010007.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  99.2 KB
Name:  GT500day24July2010002.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  146.2 KB

Last edited by 1 Alibi 2; 03-01-2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:16 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Nice.... so you didn't at least test drive it first? ;-) No worries. How are things in Hackettsburg? Last time I was there was 31 December, 2011. The day I retired from that little Candy Store on High Street.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:19 AM
olddude69

Bought a used 69 Mach 1 in the mid 70s, metallic blue w/black int. Put a Holley carb on it, didn't keep it long, my mistake. Never owned another til last Nov, bought a 2014 GT, ruby red w/black leather, 6-sp, 3.73 rear, navi. Wow, and I thought that 69 Mach was fast!
Old 03-03-2015, 06:12 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boneman
Nice.... so you didn't at least test drive it first? ;-) No worries. How are things in Hackettsburg? Last time I was there was 31 December, 2011. The day I retired from that little Candy Store on High Street.
Most dealerships don't have a Shelby on the lot, if there is one, it's inside & not available to test drives.
That dealership had ( 2 ) allocations for the 2011 MY, both were special orders.
The town is just like you remember it + snow !

Last edited by 1 Alibi 2; 03-03-2015 at 06:15 AM.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:23 AM
Boneman
2nd Gear Member

Good deal. in 2009, when I procured my 'Stang, I had it in to H'town ford pursuant to the "helicopter" clutch issue. I recall bumbling around the showroom and I was looking at... I think it may have been a 'Stang such as yours... and was astounded and angered to see tacked on a "New Jersey Gas Guzzler" tax.

Glad to hear things in town are... status quo.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recall your VERY FIRST ride... in a Mustang!