Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Two Dead, One Injured in Mustang Street Racing Incident Near LA

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 05:03 PM
MustangForums Editor
MustangForums Editor

Default Two Dead, One Injured in Mustang Street Racing Incident Near LA

Police have identified the driver of the Mustang who allegedly killed two people while street racing in Los Angeles.

Read the rest on the Mustang Forum homepage. >>
Old 03-02-2015, 06:30 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

I am surprised this hasn't happened at Mustang Week. Came close last year.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:45 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Right there is proof, keep that stuff on the strip. Most people don't realize how fast you can get killed. Not to say I haven't done stupid stuff. Once you see it though you will never forget it.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:30 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

Sad, no matter what the vehicle. Useless loss of life. Over a decade in public safety and it never ceases to amaze me.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:34 AM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

This was an accident, everyone there was there because they wanted to, anyways he wasn't the driver he's the owner and while the lost of life is sad it was an accident, to me the rear left axle broke, no way the car turned to one side like that, btw his was a bit over 1200rwhp
Old 03-04-2015, 12:10 PM
Racer X 69

Originally Posted by CubanoGT
This was an accident, everyone there was there because they wanted to, anyways he wasn't the driver he's the owner and while the lost of life is sad it was an accident, to me the rear left axle broke, no way the car turned to one side like that, btw his was a bit over 1200rwhp
Accident?

No it was deliberate.

The person driving that car made a deliberate decision to mash the accelerator to compete with another person.

On a public road.

Not only is that illegal, it is extremely stupid.

As for the statement that the owner of the car wasn't the one driving it I call BS. The car was brand new. So new that it still had the temporary license. Nobody who lay down the kind of cash for a nice car like this Mustang would let someone else take it out and drive it like this dope did. And even if the owner of this car did hand the wheel over to another moron to go onto a public road and display extremely poor judgement he is just as responsible for the death of the bystanders.

If the left rear axle had broken, then why is the left rear wheel and tire still on the car?

Even if it had, to assert blame for this accident on an alleged mechanical failure is also wrong. Had the person driving that car exercised better judgement this tragedy would never have happened.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:35 PM
TfcCDR
2nd Gear Member

Carlos, it wasn't an accident, it was NEGLIGENCE. An accident is an unforeseen incident which could not reasonably be expected to take place. Street racing is known to be dangerous activity, and crashes are common. While it's rare for there to be fatalities, it can be expected to happen.

The arrestee is not believed to have been the driver, but unless he can make a case that the car was being used without his permission, he is as much at fault as the driver. ALL voluntary participants in an unlawful activity are considered equally responsible for everything that happens during or as a result of that activity. That means the drivers of both cars, the organizers, the spectators, EVERYONE. The only way the owner will get any breaks is if he RAPIDLY gives up the drivers.

Unfortunately for everyone else, this has once again aimed a critical spotlight at car crazies all over the country. I'm in Nevada, and my boss wants my guys to give "extra attention" to performance cars. For the next few weeks, it would be a really good idea for people to avoid anything that could be seen as aggressive driving, exhibition of speed, etc.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:29 PM
CubanoGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Racer X 69
Accident?

No it was deliberate.

The person driving that car made a deliberate decision to mash the accelerator to compete with another person.

On a public road.

Not only is that illegal, it is extremely stupid.

As for the statement that the owner of the car wasn't the one driving it I call BS. The car was brand new. So new that it still had the temporary license. Nobody who lay down the kind of cash for a nice car like this Mustang would let someone else take it out and drive it like this dope did. And even if the owner of this car did hand the wheel over to another moron to go onto a public road and display extremely poor judgement he is just as responsible for the death of the bystanders.

If the left rear axle had broken, then why is the left rear wheel and tire still on the car?

Even if it had, to assert blame for this accident on an alleged mechanical failure is also wrong. Had the person driving that car exercised better judgement this tragedy would never have happened.
Yes this was a street race, but still an accident this was almost at 3am everyone involved knew the risks. He wasn't he driver stop acting like u know what's up..
Old 03-04-2015, 05:29 PM
ezpotato
1st Gear Member

Are you friends with this guy or something? ^
Old 03-05-2015, 08:50 AM
TfcCDR
2nd Gear Member

OF COURSE the legal beagle wants him to keep quiet -- that's the job of the defense attorney, to keep her client from digging himself a deeper hole.

However, in this case, there's pretty much nothing that he can say to make the hole any deeper than it already is. No doubt she will tell the jury the same things that Cubano is saying. No doubt it won't do any good. His only hope is to cooperate, at least to the point where she can tell the jury that her client helped get it all cleared up.

What he wants is to be seen as a victim himself ("it was MY CAR that the guy crashed!") rather than a conspirator ("I ain't tellin' you nothin'"). At best, he may be able to get somewhere between the two, but you can bet that the County Attorney has handed this to the top prosecutor, simply because of the media attention.

I can understand why people like Cubano are trying to downplay this. Every single person was there because they chose to be where people were doing stupid things. They bear their share of responsibility. But there's plenty of blame to go around.

Quick Reply: Two Dead, One Injured in Mustang Street Racing Incident Near LA