2003 GT Reliable enough for long road trip? - MustangForums.com

Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
Sponsored by CJ Pony Parts

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

2003 GT Reliable enough for long road trip?

Old 06-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #1
Burtonsnow157
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Burtonsnow157
Default 2003 GT Reliable enough for long road trip?

Hi all,

I have a 2003 GT that has been well maintained with regular fluid changes, filter changes and all of the things that should be done. It has appx 104k on the odometer. It has been driven pretty responsibly since I bought it at 29k miles but I haven't taken it out of the state in a long time. I have a stage 1 spec clutch and I snapped a clutch cable about two years ago and then 8 months ago, the clutch pedal broke. I recently replaced the alternator.

Right now the car runs like a top. Occasionally I'll have to jiggle the battery wires to start it but nothing serious.

My question is would you feel comfortable driving this car from NY to VA, and then VA to SC and then back to NY? It's about 9 hours each way I'm not sure about miles. I feel pretty confident in the cars ability, but I also don't want to feel like I need to bring a spare belt, cable, fluids tools etc just to feel safe. I do however really want to take my car on a nice trip as I never have
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Burtonsnow157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:30 PM   #2
BlindGUYnAR
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008, GT Conv

Anything can break on a car. This is true at 1k or 100k miles. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:50 PM   #3
jwog666
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 03 mustang gt

fix your loose battery cables and give er hell, a new car can break down, so go with what life throws your way

Kenne Bell 2.1 Twin Screw (9 PSI), Kenne Bell Big tube kit, Pypes catted x pipe, Pypes violator catback, Steeda tri-ax, 3.73's, Spec stage 1 clutch, tail light sequencers, Mach 1 grill delete & chin spoiler 405HP 427TQ at the rear wheels
jwog666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:50 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement