Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

It's Official: The Internet Hates The Ford Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 11:36 AM
MustangForums Editor
MustangForums Editor

Default It's Official: The Internet Hates The Ford Mustang

Social media is the medium you use to impress acquaintances you haven’t interacted with in years and share that one decent looking pasta dish you managed not to nuke - but that’s not the best part. The most satisfying part of the social media experience by far is that perfectly hilarious, give-no-****s meme concocted by the nameless Internet rage machine. Here’s what happens when that machine is turned against Ford’s little pony car.

Read more...
Old 04-15-2016, 12:19 PM
MustangForums Editor
MustangForums Editor

Default Front page news!

Thought the front page would get a kick out of this one too...
https://mustangforums.com/articles/mustang-meme-hate/
Old 04-15-2016, 10:19 PM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

Well, there's a couple ways this could go:

It might endure, like the stereotypical "BMW drivers never signal" trope.
Or it might just fade away eventually. "It's Always a Fu#%ing Camry" was pretty funny for a while, but that one seems to have all but died off. Even the Facebook page hasn't had many posts recently.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:57 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason and unfortunately, Mustang owners reputations are of our own making.

Not me personally, of course, but all of the myriad ***** Mustang owners who have infested our ranks and now have a lot more car than talent. They insist on showing off in front of God and everybody and wind up looking like absolute dong wipes reinforcing the negative image.

I guess the only other group of car owners who can compare on such a broad level are douchey Corvette owners with Cumarrows right on their heels.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:27 AM
norcal_ryan1966
1st Gear Member

10-4. If the younger mustang owners would stop acting like jackasses on and off the camera, then there would be no videos and photos of this. Or maybe get some driving lessons and go goof around on a track away from the general public. Man I'm starting to sound like my dad, and I'm only 33. Ha ha ha. It's ok though. People are going to hate on what's imho the best car in history period. We did term "pony car". Mustangs and mustang lovers are here to stay.

Originally Posted by fastbackford351
Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason and unfortunately, Mustang owners reputations are of our own making.

Not me personally, of course, but all of the myriad ***** Mustang owners who have infested our ranks and now have a lot more car than talent. They insist on showing off in front of God and everybody and wind up looking like absolute dong wipes reinforcing the negative image.

I guess the only other group of car owners who can compare on such a broad level are douchey Corvette owners with Cumarrows right on their heels.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:38 PM
copius231

Jealousy and hatred are wasted emotions.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:39 AM
LegioRomanus

Hate/despise mustangs?

Well, I own THREE currently. A 1965, a 2007 and a 2014 model.

The only thing I DO NOT like is that the dumb ****ers put the tach to the right of the speedometer on my 2014 model on the instrument cluster. Human factors engineers, huh?

They told me that it was done this way so those shifting gears could watch the tach and not overrev the engine between gears. Here is a newsflash for them. My 2014
Old 05-06-2016, 12:06 PM
BinaryFu

Default No such thing as bad publicity...

I don't think people are hating on the car so much as they're hating on the breed of driver that the new Mustang has pulled in.

Namely, a lot of people who have been driving Kias and Hyundais who are now hopping into supercharged V8 beasts and trying to relive their glory days of hot rodding but haven't got a clue how powerful these modern beasts are.

The stock V6 (for example) when unleashed by a simple tune is more powerful than an old carbed V8 from back in the day. A modern V8 with a supercharger factory installed? It's pumping out racetrack level power and being driven by people who drove mildly tuned V8's (if that) as a teenager.

Wrecks are going to be common.

For those wondering, a BONE STOCK (untuned) 3.7L V6 puts out 300hp/280FP torque. Compare that to a 1967 small block Chevy V8 350 which put out 300HP/380FP torque.

Modern Mustang weighs 3,800lbs (rough estimate)
'67 Camaro weighed 3,000lbs (rough estimate)

Which would put the Camaro at a theoretical .8 second 1/4 mile advantage and 100FP of torque over the 2016 V6 Mustang. Which is to say, not much.

Now I know there's some old school people out there saying there's no way that a stock V6 could hold its own against a stock V8...weeellllll...

The stock 1967 Chevy Camaro SS 350cid dropped 14.85 @ 95.65mph.

The 2015 V6 Fastback Mustang was clocked in the quarter mile track with 14.1 @ 102mph.

Then there's the 5.2L beast that we can order from the factory? 526HP/429FP torque. That's a monster under the hood.

Combine that with an amazing gear ratio, limited slip and half a dozen other features that would only be on a classic muscle car if you dumped your paycheck into it weekly...and you have a car that these old school drivers simply are not ready for.

To put the final nails in the coffin so we can really understand the level of difference in old school vs. new tech...

* The stock 1967 Chevy Camaro SS 350cid dropped 14.85 @ 95.65mph.

* A stock 2015 V6 Fastback Mustang was clocked in the quarter mile track with 14.1 @ 102mph.

* The stock 2016 Mustang GT 5.0 dropped a quarter mile time of 12.9 @ 110mph.

* The Shelby GT350R dropped a 12.1 @ 119.6mph

These are not toys, they are pre-built speed demons.

Just my $.02
Old 05-06-2016, 12:43 PM
jimmbbo

Too much car for too small a brain with driving skills developed in a Corolla or Prius...
Old 05-06-2016, 06:36 PM
MustangInTexas
2nd Gear Member

There have been lots of videos from Mustang Week and other places where guys have lost control of their fast pony so the memes are probably justified. I just think most are pretty funny myself.

Quick Reply: It's Official: The Internet Hates The Ford Mustang