Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

Roush3 or GT350

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 05:06 PM
Springer89

Default Roush3 or GT350

Am thinking about the roush or gt350 and need some advice. I'm thinking that the gt350 is suited for back road, canyon or mountain road and the roush (stage 3) which I'm pretty sure is also good for those roads but is probably better at straight roads. As I live in Florida and have mostly straight and flat roads I might enjoy the roush more. I am grateful for any opinions

Springer89
Old 11-28-2016, 06:18 PM
C1Forged
Former Sponsor

Your speculation is fairly spot on. When it comes down to it, I would personally pick the GT350 over the Roush 3 for the suspension and the brakes. The Roush 3 has coilovers that are tuned for one road setting, where as the MagneRide suspension adjusts itself in real time to deliver a smoother ride on the straights, while being able to conquer the corners. Secondly, the Roush 3 has no information about a brake upgrade, and with a supercharger pushing just over Hellcat power, you're going to want good brakes.

Besides, you can always throw a super charger on the GT350 and have the superior handling/ride with the straight line speed of the Roush.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:08 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Buy a GT Premium & have a Roush authorized dealer put a supercharger on it! You'll save a ton of money & in my opinion have a nicer looking car! If you want to take turns fast get the PP package from Ford & a great set of shocks! If you just go fast in straight lines like me & have to use it all the time in traffic... automatics ain't what they use ta be! I had to make a trip today that would have been a nightmare with a stick shift! Bumper to bumper for an hour! Yikes! just an old guys opinion!
Old 11-29-2016, 07:35 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

No brainer, GT350, same money pretty much and much better car that will hold its value unlike a Roush which drops like a stone in value.
Old 11-29-2016, 09:08 PM
barstowpo
2nd Gear Member

GT350. It is better than a base Mustang in every area. Unless you're old and don't like to shift anymore.