Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.

OD light not turning on

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2016, 01:46 PM
CharlieF93

Default OD light not turning on

Hey everyone I have a little problem with the OD light not coming on when I press OD off on my 02 V6 Mustang. Everything works when I press the button only thing is the light not turning on. I was wondering if this can be due to the fuse for the OD light burned out or the light itself in the HUD burned out..... Or my worst fears a tranny problem. Please help anyone!!
Old 11-30-2016, 03:17 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by CharlieF93
Hey everyone I have a little problem with the OD light not coming on when I press OD off on my 02 V6 Mustang. Everything works when I press the button only thing is the light not turning on. I was wondering if this can be due to the fuse for the OD light burned out or the light itself in the HUD burned out..... Or my worst fears a tranny problem. Please help anyone!!
Easy way to test if it's the bulb/button or tranny.

Turn the car off, turn it back on, get up to about 50 mph and press the button. Does it downshift? It's only a 4 speed so at 50, it will be in 4th normally. With OD off, it will force it into 3rd. At 50 mph it won't hurt anything if it down shifts.
Old 11-30-2016, 04:07 PM
CharlieF93

Originally Posted by Derf00
Easy way to test if it's the bulb/button or tranny.

Turn the car off, turn it back on, get up to about 50 mph and press the button. Does it downshift? It's only a 4 speed so at 50, it will be in 4th normally. With OD off, it will force it into 3rd. At 50 mph it won't hurt anything if it down shifts.
Derf00 it's downshifts perfectly when I press the button so I'm assuming everything working fine with the trans I don't hear any knocks or raddles and it shifts smooth all around. I think it might be the bulb in the cluster
Old 11-30-2016, 08:50 PM
JimC

You are in the wrong section. This is for:
Mustang News, Concepts, Rumors & Discussion Did you see that Mustang?! Have you heard Ford's next move? Come inside.
Not for issues related to your Mustang - go to the correct section for your year.