Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Cobra test drive (Hilarious)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 04:32 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

Default Cobra test drive (Hilarious)

Haha this may be a repost but it is funny as....well..jus watch it...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/thetestdrive.html
Old 03-11-2006, 08:35 AM
TattooTears
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cobra test drive (Hilarious)

I sell new cars and if somebody tried to pull that crap I would be pissed. I would have probably pulled the keys out the ignition at a red light or something.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:02 PM
FoxRod
4th Gear Member

Yeah I know how that salesman felt. I actually had to take a 16 year old kid out on a test drive once. He was test driving every F*cking car in the damn Pre-Owned Section. Him and his girlfriend. He test drove 2 Sebring Conv.'s, a Z28, a lincoln Mark 8, and a 94 or 95 Mustang GT Vert. ******* was dipping through traffic and almost wrecked us 5 times. I seriously thought I was gonna either have a heart attack or beat the living sh*t outta this kid.

Now honestly, I am not the kinda person that has a hard time adjusting to people driving and I usually don't even get nervous with new people but this kid was going to kill me. Plus the kid happened to mention to me that he was buying a new car because he just totalled his previous Vert Stang by slamming into traffic. So needless to say I almost sh*t my pants.

Anyway, after it was all said and done the kid actually bought the Stang which was the last one we drove. The salesguy that I worked for made a pretty decent amount off the kid so I guess it was all worth it even though I didn't get anything extra for risking my life. But the kid did write a letter to the company explaining that I was probably the most friendly and most patient guy he has ever dealt with at a dealership.
Old 03-11-2006, 06:16 PM
mysticsvtcobra96
2nd Gear Member

that was pretty messed up...people now days gezz...no respect
Old 03-12-2006, 12:35 AM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

why would anybody wanna abuse a new stang? as*holes
Old 03-12-2006, 09:37 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i hate **** heads like that... what a dumb ****- and an *** hole... no licence ****ing around like that- what hapepend if he damaged the car? That salesman's going to have to pay for that **** and that just sucks
Old 03-12-2006, 09:58 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

That had to set up. Dealerships make a copy of your DL before they let you test drive. If it was not set up then it was the salesmans fault, no way I would ever let a guy who had no DL test drive a car, much less a guy with a vid camera. Besides after the first time he beat on the car I would have ended the test drive.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:33 AM
BlackMagic1

What he said ^^^^^^^^^
Old 03-12-2006, 06:55 PM
nailman28
2nd Gear Member

actually that guy who drove it goes by the nickname of Evil SS. and its on the street racing dvd of Scandoulus racing. and 2 day later he bought the car and the salesman thought it was a joke all the way through the paperwork. but he did by it. that was a LS1 lover won over by another Cobra.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:46 PM
breyton
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nailman28

actually that guy who drove it goes by the nickname of Evil SS. and its on the street racing dvd of Scandoulus racing. and 2 day later he bought the car and the salesman thought it was a joke all the way through the paperwork. but he did by it. that was a LS1 lover won over by another Cobra.
Nice to see there was a happy ending to the story. The thing is it's not just the people who test drive these cars you have to worry about. You have to watch out for some of the guys at the dealership. I was out at the street races a while back, 10+ years ago, and there was a guy who worked at a local Ford dealership with a brand new Probe GT, magnetic dealer plate and all, racing people over and over. After I got my car back from being fixed at a Lincoln/Mercury dealership a few weeks ago I found that all the young guys were checking my car out and wanted to take it for a drive. My friends uncle was the service writer. He kept the keys in his pocket.

After hearing some of the stories car salesmen have to go through I don't think I could do the job TattooTears and FoxRod do. You are putting your life in the hands of a total stranger. [&:] On another note some dealerships allow you to test drive cars on your own. I got to take out several different Mazdas by myself a few years back.

Quick Reply: Cobra test drive (Hilarious)