Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Matt Hughs vs Hoyce Gracie

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 04:37 PM
99mustang0
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Matt Hughs vs Hoyce Gracie

ORIGINAL: steeda3

ORIGINAL: 99mustang0

they didnt MAKE the ufc. Alot of different things made the ufc. I agree with him to a certain extent, hoyce was talking all this **** about how he was gonna woop hughs and he had no chance. Well...... look what happened. I agree with matt hughs when he said that todays ufc fighters are in a whole nother leage (sp) than those old fighters. (if that made any sense at all)
The only thing that's changed was this....The early UFC only had a hand full of rules...Now this UFC has a ton of rules...It's not really utlimate fighting......Hell you can't even kick a man when he's down....(No knees to the head)....Matt Hughes should be kissing the Gracies *** instead of making fun of them...He wouldn't be nothing without them.
Thats dumb, the reason they have those rules is so that noone dies you moron. Ya, its ultimate fighting not Ultimate Death. They want people to get beat up, not get a lucky knee to the back of the head and die.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:40 PM
domesticfan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: domesticfan

I hope all the haters will watch these video's.....These were done back in the late 80's before Rorion created the UFC.

Rorion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcdrN...orion%20Gracie

Royce
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZyeS...orion%20Gracie

Royler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naWEb...orion%20Gracie

Now the master.......Rickson....This guy has never been defeated in over 400 matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPn2H...ckson%20Gracie

I would love to see Matt Hughes go over to pride and become champion....He will end up just like Chuck Liddell on the end of a severe *** whipping.....I'm sure if the money's right Rickson would be more than happy to make Matt Tapout.....Just like everyone else that's come face to face with him.....He's UNBEATABLE.
they were all great in their day and could still beat alot of current ufc fighters, but they couldnt hang with the elite, being matt hughes. most of the guys in rickson's rolling video were bums compared to him. just look at them, they couldnt even hold a candle to hughes. nobaodys disrespecting the gracies, but there not the best in the world anymore.
BJ Penn teacher was trained by the Gracies.....
He made Matt Hughes look like a little bitch.....It's funny how Dana White has his picks in the UFC....He tries to make all the country hay hauling fellas seem like gods while the back bone of the UFC fighters like Tito Ortiz, he tries to get rid of those fighters.....How can Matt Hughes even be mentioned in the same sentence with the Gracies? Watch the end of this video where he taps like a little bitch to BJ....LOL...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmMwV...arch=BJ%20Penn
yes i no bj won that fight. like i said earlier, hughes wasnt in the best shape for that fight, and yes that was his fault, not an excuse. i gaurentee hughes would gladly accept a rematch and win.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:10 PM
mustang gtizzle
2nd Gear Member

Can't wait for Shamrock Oritz #2 and Arlovski Silvia #3
Old 06-05-2006, 03:45 PM
steeda3
2nd Gear Member

they didnt MAKE the ufc. Alot of different things made the ufc. I agree with him to a certain extent, hoyce was talking all this **** about how he was gonna woop hughs and he had no chance. Well...... look what happened. I agree with matt hughs when he said that todays ufc fighters are in a whole nother leage (sp) than those old fighters. (if that made any sense at all)
The only thing that's changed was this....The early UFC only had a hand full of rules...Now this UFC has a ton of rules...It's not really utlimate fighting......Hell you can't even kick a man when he's down....(No knees to the head)....Matt Hughes should be kissing the Gracies *** instead of making fun of them...He wouldn't be nothing without them.
Thats dumb, the reason they have those rules is so that noone dies you moron. Ya, its ultimate fighting not Ultimate Death. They want people to get beat up, not get a lucky knee to the back of the head and die.
It's been allowed in Pride fighting for years and no one's gotten killed....The UFC rules got soft, just like the fighters they have now.....
Old 06-05-2006, 06:31 PM
highway21
2nd Gear Member

did they make rules where you cant use a gee. because i havent seen any gracie fight without it.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:08 AM
steeda3
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: highway21

did they make rules where you cant use a gee. because i havent seen any gracie fight without it.
Yeah UFC change that rule...You have to fight with no shirt...
Old 06-06-2006, 02:30 PM
91lxstang
5th Gear Member

u should show gracie alot of respect considering when he was fighting in his days he owned peopl that were 100 more pounds then him..... hughes cant do that now can he? put andrei arlovsky up against hughes and see what happens then.... hughes would get killed and arlovski is only about 50 pounds more.....let alone 100 pounds
ORIGINAL: LvGordo

i watched it that night, i am glad he embarrassed that old fool. he needs to go back to brazil where the gracie family can dictate the rules in their favor like usual. Gracie said he would be back, i would be willing to be it is not in the UFC, he will get pummeled by alot less than hughes.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:39 PM
domesticfan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 91lxstang

u should show gracie alot of respect considering when he was fighting in his days he owned peopl that were 100 more pounds then him..... hughes cant do that now can he? put andrei arlovsky up against hughes and see what happens then.... hughes would get killed and arlovski is only about 50 pounds more.....let alone 100 pounds
ORIGINAL: LvGordo

i watched it that night, i am glad he embarrassed that old fool. he needs to go back to brazil where the gracie family can dictate the rules in their favor like usual. Gracie said he would be back, i would be willing to be it is not in the UFC, he will get pummeled by alot less than hughes.
and u no this for a fact?

dont say stupid **** as a fact when there is no way to tell the outcome.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:39 PM
philthy89fifty
4th Gear Member

gracie has never taken a punch ( he has a glass jaw so of course hes gonna roll around on the ground) and if you saw when he fought kimo he almost lost because kimo was on the verge of knocking his *** out. the ufc fighters today are well rounded with standup and ground. gracie would get knocked the **** out if he tried to stand up. get off his di&*. also if you watch alot of the old gracie fights that ******* would keep people in armbars and chokes long after they tapped. the dude is a douce and he got out classed. i wish they would have let matt pound his soft *** a little longer. the gracie stigma is dead. matt huges beat the hell out of it. and don't show me no video of two homos rolling around on the ground for an hour in response to this.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:57 PM
sn95calistang

Wow its funny how the Gracies get no respect from americans nowadays. Seems like philthy and LV all got into MMA through TUF. When they 1st started fighting people didn't even know what an armbar was. Now my grandma can probably apply an armbar. Every current fighter uses Gracie techniques. Matt Hughes is a good fighter, but he wins most of his fights because he is a natural light-heavyweight. He cuts weight very well and is almost always stronger than his opponent. Also Saku>Hughes any day of the week.

Quick Reply: Matt Hughs vs Hoyce Gracie