Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

497hp busa

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 02:16 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 497hp busa

ORIGINAL: TICEngineering
Your comparing two completely different beasts, and from a roll the Supra or car in general takes the advantage? Why? Well you claim weight on your arguement. At speeds of 60+ mph the momentum that the initial acceleration of 3600-3700 pounds has already been overcome and on its way moving. So at this point power comes into play, and power is going to rocket the car forward more then the bike because there is SOOO much more there. A bike makes its speed in the first half of the quarter mile, because it doesnt have much inertia to overcome, simply a few hundred pounds which 400 horsepower has NO problem with accelerating VERY quickly. But at higher speeds aerodynamics, gearing, and power factor in MUCH more then with a 1/4 mile race. So at a roll the bike actually holds the disadvantage IF the cars suspension and tires allow it to gain traction. With the Busa creating more drag then the Supra it will eventually hurt itself and the Supra will pass. On the Viper comparison, Vipers are not as aerodynamic as you might be inclined to think, atleast not in the way of a top speed run. Now if the Busa is creating even MORE power, well it wont play in as much but it still plays in. Might need a 14-71 on a big block to keep up eventually.
i would have thought an engineer would be a little smarter than you. 1/2 the hp, 1/7 the weight. you do the math
Old 05-26-2004, 04:23 AM
TICEngineering

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

dude your full of so much bullsh!t, all 5 of your posts have been bullsh!t. You have absolutely no clue what your talking about, and I would appreciate you keeping your misinformation to yourself.
Im gonna be honest with you sir. I now have 6 posts. ONE if full of bull****, and that is my first one. The motor exists in theory but it hasnt been built, it can, and has been done more extreme then I described. I said 120 psi, its been done with 150 psi, it was on a Cummins Diesel and the head was welded onto the block. Triple Compound turbosetup I believe he did manage to dyno at 2000 ft lbs of torque and 1500 horsepower. This was in a big duelie Dodge Ram.

Now the post you are calling bull**** on. Is not bull****. Read it, you might think that bikes are the end all be all, but they are not and if a car is going to win in a race, it would be from a roll. When a bike takes off at the quarter mile track the initial launch and acceleration has much to do with the power/weight ratio. The top speed has MANY more factors going into it, factors such as transmission and rear end gearing, aerodynamics ie. drag coefficents, downforce or what not, and also available power, which can tie into gearing as well. Once the weight of a specific vehicle is underway AND at highspeeds, your power to weight ratio becomes less important and your drag coefficent becomes more important. Im sure you guys know Newton's law an object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion, also that the heavier the object at rest or in motion the harder it is to accelerate or decelerate. Well in the case of power to weight this plays in. Albeit if a Busa has 500 horsepower its going to be tought to overcome. But at really high speeds the Busa's drag coefficent is greater then that of the Supra ie. its less aerodynamic and starts to be handicapped by this. The Supra would just be getting into its powerband and would start to really accelerate, and with the right gearing can take the Busa.

Dont believe me? Well here is a video of a Vegas Supra vs a Turbo Busa. You guys can call BS on me as much as you want, I speak the truth.

Behold the link:
http://members.***.net/virtualworksr...WorksMedia.htm
Old 05-26-2004, 10:49 PM
sevorg1
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dustinpolcz

THATS ALOT FOR A CROTCH ROCKET!
I could beat that peice of crap on foot! J/k
Old 05-26-2004, 11:54 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

TIC, your are so full of **** its coming out your mouth. Im not normally one to flame, but I can tell you Im getting fed up with you real quick. Hmmm, you already admitted to lying about 1 post (your very first one have you) and people are supposed to believe your not lying now? Hmmmmm.

First of all, you've obviously never rode a sportbike. Those a stock Hayabusa runs mid to high 9 second passes at 150mph off the showroom floor now, and they only put out about 175 hp. They run 0 - 60 in 2.6 seconds and 0 - 100 in 5 seconds flat and have a top speed of a tad over 200mph as well. Here is a clip of a stock suzuki 1000 with about 140 hp, its a bit over 2 megs:

http://www.uponone.com/videos.php?id=44

Now, your going to honestly tell me that something that weighs 500 lbs and has 497 hp can be beat by a Supra that has 1/4 the power to weight ratio and 5x more frontal area under drag?

Think about what you said. You said that a Hayabusa produces more drag than a Supra. A supra is a car 4 1/2 feet tall (a busa is shorter) and what like 6 feet wide compared to a busa's, what like 2 feet. A busa is made for high speed racing and is more aerodynamically styled.

Jesus I am so pissed right now I had to go through all this typing to call BS on you - ONCE AGAIN. Do yourself a favor and crawl under a rock.

EVERYONE HAS THEIR RIGHT TO AN OPINION. I WILL NEVER GET UPSET WITHSOMEONE WHO HAS A DIFFERENT BELIEF OR PERCEPTION OF SOMETHING THAN ME. I WILL GET UPSET, HOWEVER, WHEN SOMEONE COMES TO THIS BOARD AND BLATENYLY LIES AND MAKES UP THINGS AND MISINFORMS OTHER PEOPLE.

This isn't my opionion, this is fact. Both vehicles are fast as hell, but for you to come up here and try to use physics (which you don't understand) which are totally made up by an admitted lier, it upsets me.

Its obvious I don't like liers. Its obvious I know what I'm talking about. Its obvious I don't like you.
Old 05-27-2004, 02:53 AM
TICEngineering

I told you, you could call BS on me all you want its not gonna change the fact that im being honest now. I know what stock Busas run, but they arent racing 1/4 mile races here they are going from a roll, ITS A DIFFERENT RACE!!! You quote to me all these acceleration times which goes RIGHT along with my arguement, from 0-100 the bike is faster, from a roll cars can take bikes, EVEN turbo bikes. Especially well designed aerodynamic cars. Supras specifically have a drag coefficent of anywhere from .31 to .33. Which if you dont believe....which im sure you wont, it can be seen here. Ok fair enough it has a .33 drag coefficent, BUT it has 800+ rwhp to overcome the drag being created on the car.

Now lets jump to the Suzuki Hayabusa. Its a fast bike no matter how you cut it. Drag Coefficent is ACTUALLY really close to the Supra's lowest, which is .313 on the Busa. To what I saw the Supra as .31. Now at high speeds the bike has to use a certain amount of its power to overcome the drag being made on the bike. To get to 187.5 mph the bike needs 147.6 horsepower just to overcome drag. So once this is factored out its not left with much power. Where as the Supra with the SAME drag coefficent has much more power available to it after it has overcome its own drag coefficent. Again dont believe me? Well here is a paragraph from an article wind tunnel testing a Busa and a ZX-12R.

"A lower figure means less drag, and the Hayabusa recorded a CDA of 3.37 ft2 (0.313 m2), about 8 percent less than the ZX-12R's figure of 3.67 ft2 (0.341 m2).

Roughly 90 percent of an engine's power is used to overcome aerodynamic drag at high speeds, while the remaining 10 percent works against rolling resistance. The exact rolling resistance is difficult to determine, and the relative efficiency of each bike's ram-air system is also unknown. But it is possible to calculate a power vs. speed graph using the drag figures measured in the wind tunnel (see above). To achieve 187.5 mph, the Hayabusa needs 147.6 horsepower to overcome drag alone; the 12R needs 161.3 horsepower for the same speed. However, using the wind tunnel data, test weights, our road-test dyno figures for horsepower and a rolling-resistance figure, Cooper calculated that the ZX-12R would have a maximum speed of 187.0 mph and the Hayabusa 187.7 mph. The effect of wind can vary the result, usually decreasing speed unless it's a tailwind. Sidewinds during a test can decrease top speed as a result of the higher drag at yaw. This calculation doesn't include any ram-air effects, but essentially, the bikes have similar speed potential, although the Suzuki has an edge. One thing is certain--the Kawasaki doesn't need an electronic governor to limit its top speed."

Want the whole article? Very well here is the link. http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0106_aero/

Once again my original arguement stands. At high speeds the differences between the two vehicles is MUCH different then from a stop.

Oh and just in case you wanted MORE videos of Supra's beating Busas here is another.

http://www.speedtoys.com/~daveh/vids/4-04-10.32.wmv

They both run faster but it was street tire night and the track didnt have the best of conditions, you can heat the Supra not really hooking up as well as he should, and the Busa up and popped a wheelie right off having to let up for a sec. Regardless it was an honest race.

Care to continue to call me out on my BS?
Old 05-27-2004, 03:07 AM
TICEngineering

Oh yes and "mdvaldosta" if you are going to retort any of my "BS" I suggest you take your own advice and use "facts." Its funny how your opinion is thought as "fact" yet you have NO, ZIP, ZILCH, ZERO sources to back up your "facts." I have sourced all of my "BS" so if your going to intelligently retort I would hope you dont either, A) call me some incredibly mature name because you just got owned, B) AGAIN state your own "bull****" and "opinion" as fact with nothing to back it up, or C) judge my "understanding of physics," as you have no idea who I am, what I do, or what I know and dont know about physics. Ill be looking forward to your reply or maybe you could "Do yourself a favor and crawl under a rock."

Good Day Sir,
Old 05-27-2004, 04:37 AM
D1g1tal V3n0m
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: TICEngineering
Triple Compound turbosetup I believe he did manage to dyno at 2000 ft lbs of torque and 1500 horsepower. This was in a big duelie Dodge Ram.

People have been doing it for years. It's called Tractor Trailer Diesel engines. 600hp and 2100ft lbs of torque from a 6 cylinder. A Diesel is typically going to make high TQ numbers. My dad works on them for a living. Has been for 40 years just about now.

A Busa is capable of 383rwhp on 14Psi with stock internals and I believe 93 Octane.

A Supra has a great deal more mass to move. You're basically saying that a car with we will say 800rwhp which equates (Saying a Supra weighs 3600lbs) to 1HP per 4.625lbs.

A Hyabusa weighs we will say 650 with rider. Busa is capable of as I've seen 548rwhp. There was one built. That equates to what? 1HP for every 1.1816lbs.

An object in motion wants to stay in motion. Mass will have a bearing on speed as it's got more "intertia" however the Supra still does have a high amount of resistence or "drag" in this case. A Busa doesn't have a great deal if rider is wearing proper equipment etc. It's got GREAT Aerodynamics. You're argument is in a sense invalid. Why do I say this? Because you're not showing any test done on a 548rwhp Busa. That Busa also didn't have completely stock aerodynamics. It was built for one thing and one thing only....Pure speed.

A Busa stock is capable of a 9.7 1/4 mile pass with what they say is actually around 140+rwhp or something. It's also doing 200+mph top speed. Now take that and basically quadruple the HP. The power to move it is easily there. Your Supra is going to run out of Gear before it ever gets close to that Busa.

" To get to 187.5 mph the bike needs 147.6 horsepower just to overcome drag." Yet the Busa is already proving that theory wrong. It's stock numbers are doing 200mph+.

Personally I think you're full of **** as your previos posts showed us and you even admitted too.
Old 05-27-2004, 10:10 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

thanks d1g1tal. anyone else wanna chime in?
Old 05-27-2004, 06:27 PM
TICEngineering

ORIGINAL: D1g1tal V3n0m

A Supra has a great deal more mass to move. You're basically saying that a car with we will say 800rwhp which equates (Saying a Supra weighs 3600lbs) to 1HP per 4.625lbs.

A Hyabusa weighs we will say 650 with rider. Busa is capable of as I've seen 548rwhp. There was one built. That equates to what? 1HP for every 1.1816lbs.
You guys can keep quoteing power to weight ratio until your blue in the face, it is not helping the arguement by telling me the power to weight ratio. The arguement is that power/weight doesnt have near as much of an effect at higher speeds. So what exactly is telling me the power to weight ratio doing for your side of the arguement?

An object in motion wants to stay in motion. Mass will have a bearing on speed as it's got more "intertia" however the Supra still does have a high amount of resistence or "drag" in this case. A Busa doesn't have a great deal if rider is wearing proper equipment etc. It's got GREAT Aerodynamics. You're argument is in a sense invalid. Why do I say this? Because you're not showing any test done on a 548rwhp Busa. That Busa also didn't have completely stock aerodynamics. It was built for one thing and one thing only....Pure speed.
Thank you Isaac Newton, I do have a question for you though Isaac, what takes more power to move a mass forward? Having an object at rest begin to move forward? Or pushing an object that is already moving forward at a faster rate? Where would mass come into play more? From a rest or while an object is moving? You tell me how a Supra has more drag then the Busa YET I POSTED THE EXACT NUMBERS!!! And you STILL argue with me? Did you see the numbers? And from the video I saw of the bike, the ferrings on the bike looked pretty much stock to me.... Also Isaac, I hate to break it to you but horsepower DOENST EFFECT AERODYNAMICS so how does an arguement on aerodynamics become invalid when horsepower is increased? It STILL takes 147.6 horsepower to overcome drag at 187.5 mph, which would leave the "548 rwhp" bike left with 400.4 horsepower to continue gaining speed, but as it gains speed, it takes more power to overcome drag. So eventually there is no power left. On a car it has MUCH more power available, and with proper gearing it can overcome the drag and pass up the bike. This of course given that the CD is less than or equal to that of the bike.

A Busa stock is capable of a 9.7 1/4 mile pass with what they say is actually around 140+rwhp or something. It's also doing 200+mph top speed. Now take that and basically quadruple the HP. The power to move it is easily there. Your Supra is going to run out of Gear before it ever gets close to that Busa.
Ok, I asked for sources and just as usual you talk out of your ***. If your gonna quote numbers post your sources. A Supras gearing is very low allowing it to achieve incredibly high top speeds, given that it is the proper transmission with the correct rear end. It can become a bike killer. I never presented any specific Supra, car, or Busa I argued that the power to weight ratio between a bike and a car is not nearly as significant in "roll races" and that power, aerodynamics, and gearing are all the major factors on a roll race. Yet you tools continue to spout off 1/4 mile, 0-60, and 0-100 times at me. And this is exactly what I am argueing that it doesnt make as big of a difference as you think.

" To get to 187.5 mph the bike needs 147.6 horsepower just to overcome drag." Yet the Busa is already proving that theory wrong. It's stock numbers are doing 200mph+.

Personally I think you're full of **** as your previos posts showed us and you even admitted too.
Ok so how is the Busa proving that theory wrong? The theory is it takes 147.6 horsepower to overcome drag at 187.5 mph, how much horsepower does a Busa have?....... You are right I am full of ****, apparently at this point in time so are my SOURCES WHERE I SHOWED YOU THE INFORMATION!!! No say your theories are wrong, well then you and you alone are full of ****. Or maybe your ego is so hurt by being proven wrong that you dont need sources, the bull**** you create in your own head is your source. So atleast on your next responce cite your sources. Here ill give you a tip on how. After each one of your paragraphs you can put (Damaged ego moron talking out his ***, School of idiocy, Science of invalid arguements) Anyone of those should be fine to the responces I am getting from you.......

Good Day,
Old 05-27-2004, 06:48 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

man where's my **** wading boots, I need em. dude you can't convince an 9 year old that a Busa drags more air that a Supra. Its obvious you one of those "bwahahahahha dah Supra pwns ALL from teh roll biatch!!!!!" type people.

Quick Reply: 497hp busa