Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Hicks vs. Yuppies - BMW Car Chase - Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 03:38 AM
Nadelle
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hicks vs. Yuppies - BMW Car Chase - Video

and what kind of hick drives a toyota
+1

wtf, why would anyone who needs a truck drive a toyota!!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 03:49 AM
03_gt_woowee
2nd Gear Member

those are wannabe hicks.. trucks too nice and they're not dippin skoal.. i sirs am a true redneck and i'll tell you myself them bitches aint sh*t
Old 08-16-2006, 12:52 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03_gt_woowee

those are wannabe hicks.. trucks too nice and they're not dippin skoal.. i sirs am a true redneck and i'll tell you myself them bitches aint sh*t
yeah we could tell when city boy changed there attitudes.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:33 PM
tundrahick

Well what can I say guys, but this was a fake, I'm the "hick" driving the Tundra. In truth, I'm not much of a hick, no skoal in my cheek, no cousin as a wife. In response to somebody's message about how fast Tundra's are....Damn Right!

P.S. my other vehicle is a 1969 Mustang, which we couldn't use for the video, because then people would know from the beginning that the Z4 had no chance of escape. lol
Old 08-17-2006, 01:56 AM
dirtysanchez
I ♥ Acer

prove it. the way the guy with the gun handled himself he kinda seemed like a cop. and i watch a lot of fkin court tv!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 04:30 AM
tundrahick

Ok, a little proof. First, if you go to wittkopp.net (the banner appears in the top right corner of the video), you will see that he declares the video a fake. Second, I can give you a little insight into making the video. When the "girlfriend" is told to get the keys, you can hear the country music, then it stops, and you can hear the beeping noise indicating the key is in the ignition and the door is open. In reality, she couldn't get the key out of the ignition, so we stopped taping and told her not to worry about it, so she takes the camera and my friend and I are beside each other, but you can clearly hear the beeping in the background because we didn't shut the door. Another bit of filming trivia for you, when the yuppie drives away the "girlfriend" tapes him saying lets get out of here, and you get a blur. Then they stop, she put the camera on me, and you can see me walking from the ditch on the left, over toward my truck, with the bat in my hand. What really happened, is that I threw the bat toward the car, it went into the ditch, but she wasn't facing my direction. So I then walked over and got my bat.

Is that proof enough?
Old 08-18-2006, 07:43 PM
UPsteam3985
2nd Gear Member

OK Nadelle, Since you had to ask... it's time for a little story. (if your capable of maintaining enough attention span w/o your PM dose of Ritalin, Sorry, I apologize

I drive a 17 yo. Toyota 4x4 with 300,000 mi on it, everyday, back and forth to work. It starts everytime I turn the key and It's never left me stranded. Now you're probably thinking that it's never been off-road and never been beat hard. Well, my friend, you'd be wrong. I've driven that thing all over the mountains of Utah and Colorado and most of the way across the US on trails that would make you pucker.

Now the rest of the story is this. I bought it from my Pop when it only had 150,000 mi on it, a number I doubt your ZX3 will ever see. (BTW didn't I hear rumors that Ford borrowed parts from it's Mazda division to assemble that car? Just kiddin')

He bought it new when he started working in an strip mine in southern Indiana. The purpose of the truck was to transport himself around the mine because the company he worked for got out of the business of handing out pickups to be driven in the mines. So, he and several of his co-workers bought 4x4 pickups all at the same time. His was the only ricer in the bunch. Believe you me, he caught a lot of flack, from the guys who purchased full-sized Chevys and Fords, over the purchase of that truck.

Now if you don't know what it's like to drive in a strip mine, high clearance, 4 wheel drive is a minimum requirement. This is real off-roading every day. Big rocks, big holes, and mud up to your axles+. Punctured tires, broken beads and bent rims are a regular occurance. Some might call it daily abuse of a vehicle.

Of all those trucks his was the only one that did not require major repair (ie. drive train item replacement) or total vehicle replacement. I garantee, that of all those trucks, mine is the only one left that delivers any type of payload or paycheck at all! So to answer your question. If you need reliable, versatile, long term, durable transportation that you don't want to have to replace too soon you would drive a Toyota. (Now if you want/need to compensate for a "lack in other areas", by all means get yourself an F350 Superduty 4x4 with a huge Powerstroke, chip it, get a bigger turbo, run some propane and nitrous, push 600 RWHP and 900+ lbs of torque and stack it all on a 6"+ lift with at least 38" Super Swampers. Remember the 4x4 credo? "Boys lift your trucks, fat chicks can't climb!")

Of course this experience is only anecdotal (means that it's only my experience) and I'm not trying to say that there are not any full-size Chevys or Fords that haven't done similar things or even surpassed mine in miles. I own a Ford as well and I like it just fine. However, I doubt it will ever reach the reliability and longevity of my Toyota.

And a little more information for you. Pop now owns several cars of different makes. He chooses the vehicle he feels best meets his needs at the time. For towing he uses a full size 2002 GMC heavy 1/2 ton 4x4 not impressive in and of itself, but it does what he needs it to do. His "toys" include a 62 Corvair. Now, don't laugh 'cause he is on his second Cobra replica (that he built himself) and after some friendly persuasion I convinced him and he recently purchaced an '06 Mustang GT with plans for a KB supercharger with 8.5 lbs of boost; better, lower suspension and better brakes. (bet your ZX3 won't touch either of those) He also drives an '06 Honda minivan cause it's reliable, comfortable and gets great gas mileage. And just to round out the list of the "Big Three Auto Makers" he also has an '04 Jeep Wrangler.

So, If ever your passed on the highway, beaten to the next stop light, or just given a good run for your money, by a grey haired old man pushing 70 yrs in a black 427 replica or a black Mustang GT with a suspicious whine. Just smile, cause now you know a little more than you did five minutes ago.

BTW. When your ZX3 breaks down for the last time (lets hope it's not for a long time) and needs to be hauled to that great scrap yard in the sky, just give me a call I'll be happy to come by in my old Toyota "turtle" (Darn thing won't get out of it's own way) and haul it there for you. Free of charge!

This is just good natured ribbing don't take it too seriously. That's how people end up at the end of a dirt road pointing guns at each other.

ORIGINAL: Nadelle

wtf, why would anyone who needs a truck drive a toyota!!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 07:48 PM
UPsteam3985
2nd Gear Member

Well done!

Had me fooled.
Old 08-18-2006, 07:55 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tundrahick

Ok, a little proof. First, if you go to wittkopp.net (the banner appears in the top right corner of the video), you will see that he declares the video a fake. Second, I can give you a little insight into making the video. When the "girlfriend" is told to get the keys, you can hear the country music, then it stops, and you can hear the beeping noise indicating the key is in the ignition and the door is open. In reality, she couldn't get the key out of the ignition, so we stopped taping and told her not to worry about it, so she takes the camera and my friend and I are beside each other, but you can clearly hear the beeping in the background because we didn't shut the door. Another bit of filming trivia for you, when the yuppie drives away the "girlfriend" tapes him saying lets get out of here, and you get a blur. Then they stop, she put the camera on me, and you can see me walking from the ditch on the left, over toward my truck, with the bat in my hand. What really happened, is that I threw the bat toward the car, it went into the ditch, but she wasn't facing my direction. So I then walked over and got my bat.

Is that proof enough?
nice...the only thing i questioned is why the hell someone would drive down some unpaved backroad if they knew someone was following them
Old 08-18-2006, 10:52 PM
tundrahick

The real reason? We shot it in Canada, where the sight of a handgun is likely to have half the police force show up, so we needed a secluded area.

On chat boards, well I've read a lot, some think its because he wanted to confront the guys, or that he didn't know it was a dead end. Seriously, if it were me being followed, I'd get out my silver Gucci cell phone, which matched my silver Gucci car, and call the police...or, pedal to the metal and lose the truck. Find a nice twisty road, and the Tundra wouldn't keep up...but go down a dirt road? Please, no Z4 driver would do that!

Quick Reply: Hicks vs. Yuppies - BMW Car Chase - Video