Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Apache gunpower insane vs iraqis

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 05:11 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Apache gunpower insane vs iraqis

ORIGINAL: Syndicate

But why waste armor piercing bullets on human targets? that would get pretty costly. yes this is where your TAX $$$ is spent. I salute George Bush.

Actually I know the two guys in that bird personally and I can tell you that the bullets were not armor piercing bullets. They are High explosive rounds that have a 20ft kill radius on them and they are WELL worth it. The 30MM shoots in a minimum of a ten round burst, to fifty round burst up to an unlimited burst which melts the barrell and isnt ALWAYS the most accurate weapon, so you put high explosive rounds on it and when you shoot to kill you dont have to keep trying to get it right. There is also rate of fire to the 30MM which is 625 + or - 25 rounds a minute just for a little info on the gun. The system you are looking at is referred to as IHADSS which stands for "Intergrated helmet and display sighting system." The HDU (helmet display unit) it the sight peice that attaches to the helmet that allows the pilot or copilot to look through FLIR (forward looking infared) to sight their targets. There are sensors in the pilots helmet that is tracked by sensors called the SSU's (sight survey unit) that moves the TADS (target acquisition designation sight) that alows the pilot to see the ground through the PNVS (pilot night vision system). This whole system allows the gun to look exactly where the pilot or copilot is looking. So when they shoot the gun os suppose to shoot where they look. If not they have to put a write up in the log book to do a CBHK (captive boresight harmonization kit) to align the gun with the boresight. If someone would host a video I could send a few out from Iraq. Some you guys would or will probably never see!
Old 07-10-2004, 05:12 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: BlueMustang5.0

He never said they were using armor piercing rounds on the humans he said they use the armor piercing rounds on TANKS....Dumbass

And actually during the whole war we never onced used armor piercing round. All high explosive.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:35 AM
Driver_Kiddo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MR_T

Wow, that just blows me away. The power each of those rounds has is incredible. The guys lying on the ground obviously in massive amounts of pain and there just like, "Aim higher and shoot again." Kaboom goes the truck. And all from a helicopter... Man I'd trade my stang for it anyday.

ok "MR_T" why would you do that? what? say again......i cant hear you....wel i see your mouth moving but nothing is coming out.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:49 AM
fast4door
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Syndicate

But why waste armor piercing bullets on human targets? that would get pretty costly. yes this is where your TAX $$$ is spent. I salute George Bush.
We're not talking about a street braul here. It's war and fire superiority is what's it's all about. Sort of like bringing the shotgun to a knife fight.
Old 07-10-2004, 09:51 AM
fast4door
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MR_T

Kaboom goes the truck. And all from a helicopter... Man I'd trade my stang for it anyday.
Keep your stang, join the Army, become an Apache Pilot and there ya go...TOO EASY
Old 07-10-2004, 03:37 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Its actually pretty easy to become a pilot in the Army. No degree needed to fly Army Aviation. You just have to know how to put up with a LOT of bullsh*t from a lot of people. I HATE the military now. I will never re-up even if my life depended on it. WE WERE TREATED LIKE TOTAL SH*T IN IRAQ!!! I will never go through that again.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:45 PM
HRnB
Administrator

Jdan, thanks for clearing that up. It did look to me that they exploded as they hit their targets. I don't know much about weaponry.
Old 07-10-2004, 05:51 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

No problem at all. I like to answer any questions on the bird I work on. I know it inside and out. Its been my baby for 5 years now! Im gonna miss it when I get out. [&o]
Old 07-10-2004, 06:06 PM
fuzi0nz
2nd Gear Member

u can always take her home with you as yer new pet
Old 07-10-2004, 06:08 PM
SCARFACE
3rd Gear Member

jdaniel, thanks for the info. and for sharing some of those terms... TTY (thanks to you) I feel that IABS (I'm a bit smarter) hope to see some of those VCTYSYH (video clips that you say you have) hold long were you in Iraq? and DYGAP (did you get any *****) whyle you were there?

Quick Reply: Apache gunpower insane vs iraqis