Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

bolt on 4.6 vs bolt on ls1

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 03:34 PM
I G Joe
5th Gear Member

Default RE: bolt on 4.6 vs bolt on ls1

this is 350hp vs 260hp with some bolt ons. im sure the Formula weighs more than the stang. but stock for stock the Formula is gonna win who cares? the LS1 is a great engine we know this but the thing its lacking is OHC's im damn sure the Modular engines are more efficient than LS1's ****** a Mach engine boost it vs an LS1 and you'll see better numbers. more flow = more power.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:39 PM
bryanec
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JDP

ORIGINAL: bryanec

I think I heard a little too much exhaust note through second and then it quieted down half through third. He was running at least 100 shot.
And yes it pulled a little too hard for an exhaust and holes cut in the lid.
there arent "holes" in the lid, llol. i dont know where you got that from.
its an slp lid.

LOL didnt know if you getto rigged ram air (hole in the bottom with 4' dryer hose). You walked that guy severely. LS1s are very fast but without h/c/i, I can see it pull that hard N/A. Besides I watched your other vid and exhaust sounded a lot meaner and you went through the gears twice as fast when you ran him. I'm not calling you out, if you say you didn't spray, then I believe you and you have a d@mn fast ride.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:51 PM
JDP
1st Gear Member

you must be talking about the free ram air, where you cut a rectangle out of the air deflector to let air up under the lid, i never heard of people using hoses to guide the air into the lid.

which video did you see?

i didnt spray him, i had a dry kit on for about a week that i pieced together and i put a 150 shot on a little bit after that, this race was pre-nitrous.

and I G Joe, if pushrod motors suck, why is the ls7 a pushrod motor, makes the same amount of power as the new gt500 but gm didnt use a blower.

Old 12-08-2006, 04:04 PM
JDP
1st Gear Member

im not suprised nobody said "at least the mustang sounded better doing it"

Old 12-08-2006, 04:17 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

ORIGINAL: JDP
thats why everyone and there mom has a mustang, right?
no, i wasnt spraying, my buddy posts on here that i raced, maybe he will chime in, i did put a 150shot on it after that but that would be even more brutal.
i just have been hearing a lot of talk about comparing the ls1 vs the modular mustang, sorry if i pissed a coule of you guys off
No need to apologize, mang. We get jackasses from other sites on here all the time trashing Mustangs, pissing people off. You just happen to be one of the latest.
Thing is, we have enough jackhole homers on this site already who don't have the technical acuity to understand that an ls1 is a beast of an engine stock and bolt-on for bolt-on just smokes a 4.6. Bow-tie boys got that one right.
Problems occur when said jackasses come on and post up and then can't understand why they get the homefield pushback. Here's the answer:

www.mustangforums.com

I don't know if you're a jackass or not, Justin, since the only thing you've done on this site since February of 2005 is sell your Mustang stuff and post a VERY nice kill video (good kill, BTW [sm=smiley20.gif]) and nothing in your last 50 post suggests you are a heavy tech guy. I reckon everybody here will give you the benefit of the doubt until you prove otherwise...

I don't have an ls1 or a civic or a vette, so I don't go around those boards and post up kill videos, talk about how great the Mustang really is or trash other people's rides. In your case, since you are a former Mustang guy, I somewhat understand the crossover. Some chevy or import guys who never have and never will own a Mustang rack up thousands of posts. Never understood that one.

But I know one thing: ls1's are bucknasty!
Old 12-08-2006, 04:19 PM
adamf654

NO NITROUS WAS USED DURING THAT RACE!!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 04:26 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

and he didn't need it. Why can't guys understand that? Those suckers are RANK
Old 12-08-2006, 04:30 PM
JDP
1st Gear Member

well there was a thread on ls1tech with people comparing mustangs to the 4th gen f-body. then there were the mustang guys that dropped in to talk how pushrod motors suck, and f-bodies are crap blah blah blah and mustangs are this and that.

i really wanted to just see how you guys would take to this because there are a lot of mustang guys that cant accept defeat and they make every excuse possible and stand by there car because no matter who or what they race they think they are the greatest. there are people like that with every car, yes there are people like that with f-bodies/y-bodies, imports, mopars, and mustangs, and there seems to be more with mustangs to me probably becauase there is a bigger mustang crowd and they are cheaper to buy.

if i offended anybody by coming over here to post my little kill, im sorry, if i seem like a jackass for doing so, i apologize for that too. im not bashing anyone because i still mess my pants to the sight of a sonic blue cobra.

i just wanted to get the mustang guys point of view
Old 12-08-2006, 04:57 PM
rick98gt
1st Gear Member

Not saying push rod motors suck,but they have been used for what 50 plus years..OHC is much newer and when a blower is slapped on it,it will out flow a push rod.The LS1 is a nasty beast GM did a hell of a great job with it...
Old 12-08-2006, 04:59 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

well there was a thread on ls1tech with people comparing mustangs to the 4th gen f-body. then there were the mustang guys that dropped in to talk how pushrod motors suck, and f-bodies are crap blah blah blah and mustangs are this and that.
By all means feel free to come over here and stir it up then. That's what these forums mostly are all about - e-arguing.
I have a heavily modded pushrod motor (306) in my mustang and I love it. Throaty, torquey, and also very beatable. You should see my death thread when I got reamed by a T/A. not pretty. Pushrod, OHC, 4V, 2V, N/A, F/I - doesn't matter to me.

i really wanted to just see how you guys would take to this because there are a lot of mustang guys that cant accept defeat and they make every excuse possible and stand by there car because no matter who or what they race they think they are the greatest.
this is called stirring up trouble, for those who didn't get that on the uptake.

there are people like that with every car, yes there are people like that with f-bodies/y-bodies, imports, mopars, and mustangs, and there seems to be more with mustangs to me probably becauase there is a bigger mustang crowd and they are cheaper to buy.
The Mustang has more than it's fair share of hell-or-high-water fans. And I can't believe poeple are shocked to find them here. Count me as one of them. I think it's the greatest pony/musclecar ever made. It stared the craze in 1964, has never been out of production like the others, sold millions and millions of models, has an unbroken lineage to some of the greatest, most iconic vehicles ever made. There wouldn't be a camaro, challenger, firebird, cuda without the Mustang. Either time around, since the 2005 model spawned the new camaro and challenger.

if i offended anybody by coming over here to post my little kill, im sorry, if i seem like a jackass for doing so, i apologize for that too. im not bashing anyone because i still mess my pants to the sight of a sonic blue cobra.
again, no need to apologize especially if you don't mean it. Just the latest in the series of many. Everybody does it. Eventually, they just go away because they're outnumbered here by blind faith and a lack of mullets.

i just wanted to get the mustang guys point of view
I bet you knew before you posted, given the quote up above...

Quick Reply: bolt on 4.6 vs bolt on ls1