Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Stangpede! (The video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 01:57 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Stangpede! (The video)

did u film and edit? I ask cuz u mention that you were the one close the car filming, so does that mean youre the one in the middle as the car goes around that we can see in the vid? or are you the one behind the lens of the vid we are watching?

and btw my comment I was going to make was solely about drifting and not about anyone involved perse nor wanted anyone to make that leap in assuming I was.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:57 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

Let me get something clear, i posted rather hastily, i was not calling you retarded, rather, the event taking place and the dangers it was causing. True, probably not the best word choice, but it gets the point across nonetheless, the fact that that probably was not the smartest place to do that, and most definately not the safest.

Professional is someone who is paid to do something for a living. I dont think Ernie, or any of those other drivers, for that matter, gets paid to drift? Ive never seen them entered in any professional sanctioned events

Just because no accident happened doesnt mean it wouldnt, and a pro would know that anything can happen and happen fast, and thus they would take every safety precaution necessary just in case, things such as safety barriers at the very least.

[/align]The proof of not knowing what he's doing? does it look like he knows what he's doing? I challenge him to keep the car sliding in a perfect circle around a skid pad like a pro would, sliding ur car sideways takes no skill, maintaining complete control of it and pushing it to its edge and not going over does

That was on privately owned property but was still public property since it is open to the public and that is why the cop had authority to stop it, even if the dealership gave permission, its unsafe, and again a pro in a controlled environment wouldve had the proper permits and permission from the cops and wouldve most likely involved them as well as other safety crews. fact is that they were creating an unlawful hazard whether it be on the lot or creating traffic on the streets of passersby and that is why the cop put an end to it

[/align]When u post on a public forum you are subject to all sorts of comments and opinions and IMO glorifying a dangerous, illegal activity is RETARDED! P.S Drifting is stupid.

but opinions of the activities aside, the editing is good and well done, transitions are smooth, etc, aside from whats actually going on, its a good movie
[/align]
Old 05-13-2008, 02:01 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

yeah sorry, its kind of abraisive, its midnight, my thinking skills arent at the highest right now, just trying to state some facts

and i shouldnt be judging you on whats going on in the video/other people are doing, like i said, good video, well made

as for videos of the fox, not really, none of it in action, i think richard may have a couple of pics of me driving it, nothing special, but i do have a before/after clip from an o/r H pipe install
Old 05-13-2008, 02:01 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

oh and the event was good, thanks for asking. we had about 100 cars there, maybe a little more
Old 05-13-2008, 02:11 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

heres the vid of the H pipe if you want to see it
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=MyMovie1.flv

and a couple of driving pics a la richard

lol, no, thats not braking dive, i have the coilovers set to a rake, but i need to lift up the fronts a bit
Old 05-13-2008, 02:12 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

much better said....as a filmaker....i say this.... thanks i know it artistically works....as a member of stangpede....i see your concerns, but reiterate nothing bad happened so why focus on it?

and yes im behind the video camera, and the guy in the middle is professional photgrapher....as i said earlier, those who were close such as me and my girlfriend (her video file got corrupted[:@]and they were excellent shots) others filming and photographing did so at their own risk, and were grown ups like myself, who knew what the risks were from said vantage points (camera angles). as for the guy in the middle hes a professinal photographer, and frankly im pissed i wasnt there with him, his shots are excellent, but i had better sound for the engine and tires where i was, the wall behind me trappedsound in nicely....

and thanks fuzzy...for what its worth i love the red stang in your sig, and i know you know some shiznit about cars, way more than i do when it comes to engines....so i do respect your opinion...your just so harsh sometimes man

i think everyone there had a good time, i met some really great people, and got footage to make a cool mustang vid....

and yes i agree with you when i put a video out there thats like that there may be some criticism along your lines, i hope when it comes around again,(and im sure it will) whoever it is has the manners that you do....

Old 05-13-2008, 02:14 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rrobello

oh and the event was good, thanks for asking. we had about 100 cars there, maybe a little more
got link to pics?

you know its like a sickness....mustangs, cool cars etc...i never get tired of videos or pics of them...... i havent been on xbox in a week!!!
Old 05-13-2008, 02:19 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FuzzyDiceRule

heres the vid of the H pipe if you want to see it
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...t=MyMovie1.flv

and a couple of driving pics a la richard

lol, no, thats not braking dive, i have the coilovers set to a rake, but i need to lift up the fronts a bit
love the video ....the end is funny..... had me laughing.... i would like to say as a mustang nerd...that there is something about the sound of those late 80's early 90's stangs that i so like......and the h pipe makes a huge difference....

pics are great....your car would look good on video......perhaps we will cross paths at some cruise event....

your 5.0 is teh hotness....(yeah i knowi spelled the wrong)

Old 05-13-2008, 02:22 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

I dont think fuzzy meant to personally attack any one individual so much as he meant to comment on how he thought it unwise to engage in such wreckless behavior (and then to glamorize it by filming and posting???) and to also express his viewpoint on drifting itself (which I believe he and I see eye to eye on)???? correct me if Im wrong fuzzy
Old 05-13-2008, 02:23 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

ORIGINAL: rrobello

got link to pics?

you know its like a sickness....mustangs, cool cars etc...i never get tired of videos or pics of them...... i havent been on xbox in a week!!!
I will be posting in the near future.....I hope. lol

Quick Reply: Stangpede! (The video)