Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Stangpede! (The video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:25 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Stangpede! (The video)

yeah i dont really have the best people skills, and plus, its the internet...

thanks for the compliments as well, theyre well appreciated

i will not condone the actions done, but i just hope that you guys stay out of trouble, and dont kill yourselves, mmkeh it does look like fun(to watch, i wouldnt do it, my tires are bald enough as it is, and i just got them last summer, about 5k miles ago amd i have anout 1/8th of an inch of tread left)

i do like your videos, they are very well made, i look forward to more
Old 05-13-2008, 02:29 AM
jmsjags
2nd Gear Member

good video man. i loved the beginning with all the cars lined up rolling down the street. towards the end got kinda boring though seeing the same thing over and over. i would've loved to see more shots of the cars at WOT
Old 05-13-2008, 02:31 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

yeah richard, you pretty much hit the nail on the head, i was criticizing the event, not the filming, its a little repetative. Id love to see a vid of a run at a drag strip or a road race course, with all those cars, that be ****ing **** and pusseh

The funniest part about that video, was when i started it with the mufflers disconnected, my dad came out and said "put the old h pipe back one, it sounds like you have straight pipes, way too loud" i was like... thats because the mufflers arent hooked up dad....
Old 05-13-2008, 03:48 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rrobello

I dont think fuzzy meant to personally attack any one individual so much as he meant to comment on how he thought it unwise to engage in such wreckless behavior (and then to glamorize it by filming and posting???) and to also express his viewpoint on drifting itself (which I believe he and I see eye to eye on)???? correct me if Im wrong fuzzy
first off you both have fine people skillz....lol....and ill address a few more things, and while doing so even offer some a few tips if you will for anyone wanting to film car stuff.

for the above as it relates to the drifting, hey man...i know i cant do that, and most others would agree that they cant either wet or dry, as for the safety factor, i personally will feel more in danger driving to work tomorrow morning than i or probably anyone there did at that time...but i see your concerns...

as for glamorizing it, if you dont mind the artist in me would like to answer this:

i personally watch very little television, i work in video games, i think when it comes to entertainment that there are far worse more dangerous things glamorized in fictional television and film. its like this, as the maker of the video, this is what people want to see, this is why you tube is far more entertaining and i with millions more spend more time watching it, personally i watch it while listening to espn or stern on t.v. ..... maybe i did glamorize it but to entertain folks is to glamorize the subject matter, especially when you have 10 minutes to work with, and hours of video to go through, you pick the best stuff, the stuff that works, looks cool, sounds cool etc.....also bear im mind when filming things the camera can be very tricky, it can make things appear one way when actually they are quite the opposite, for instance, the closer you film to the ground, the faster you appear to go, i think it would surprise you that on most of my drive bys in the videos i have to date, that i was travelling 50 to65mph on the highway, (which in relative terms is fast considering 65mph is 300 ft per second), put the camera low to the ground looks like your doing 100, my point is that in some respects there is some visual trickery in the way i shoot and with what i choose to use, as an artist, i would like to also add that the hosting and the way i presented it, was in the best professional manner i could muster at the time, i know by putting this up that i had to be somewhat responsible, and let people know out there that (as they can see) there is risk involved andi think i am pretty clear in the write up on the page, the video itself, and in my hosting, that people should not try to do this at home, so while i did glamorize it, i also made it a point to be responsible by stating to anyone with any common sense that they should not be doing this. but you and i know the reality is wether i put it up there or not, people are still going to do it.....that how i feel about that as an artist....

ill address a few things in the posts that went up while i was writing this,

for the dragstrip stuff, super controlled environmental drifting donuts and burnouts, and road course stuff.....believe me if i had other stuff like to include in this video i would have.....trust me.....that is all in the works....rest assured.....this video is only the tip of the iceberg....in making mustang and stangpede videos for me....im already working on acquiring a few more camras for artistic value, and backup so i dont havea situation with the footage that i did....remember the corrupt file[:@].... so im trying to improve and make better quality videos each time.....

i have plans to acquire music from up and coming bands for future videos (already have one), and im sure at the end of the year i will make some sort of compilation of the years events in the socal mustang scene/ stangpedein general....

i also have plans to make videos at the car shows i participate in, invoking more hosting duties, and interviewing car owners, start ups sound and revs, etc...... once the weather gets nicer i have plans to make a sort oftestvideo using this format about bobs hot rod showon fridays and rickie and ronnies on wed....

alright gang its bedtime for bonzo here... i really did enjoy the discussionyou guys are alright in my book...and who knows maybe one of these days ill get lucky and be able to give your rides a shout out in one of my vids.....summer is just starting and there are plenty of events coming up and im sure ones that will be spur of the moment...so who knows........and in honor of our discussion about glamorization ......im going to go play GTA4 now....

gnite guys..... c you in the threads....

and get those pics up....you cant have close to 100 cars show up and not post up pics!!???
Old 05-13-2008, 04:30 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

lol I was merely trying to clarify what I thought was meant by Fuzzy's post, I dont think he meant to hate on anyone. That is all.

Id like to play devils advocate in response to the last post but for some reason people take things way too seriously on the internet and I wouldnt necessarily share the same opinion of half the **** I would say it would just be an argument for the other side of things so Ill just leave things as are....lol.

p.s. phunnyguy, have you really never done a donut before?
Old 05-13-2008, 10:09 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

no i havent....and i want to learn....just dont have the dough for tires to do so...LOL....

and the two tickets i have gotten in my mustang are not for speeding....LOL...one was a picture tickets ( i got caught behind a truck) and the other was for turning right at a light between 7 and 9 (i didnt see the sign)...LOL....

avg speed on the computer on my car read 26mph...LOL....

i have done some burnouts.....but no donuts.....yet.....perhaps over the summer i will get my car in action if you will....as i said there are lots of things on the horizon for summertime....
Old 05-13-2008, 10:23 AM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

The video editing was good. Can't say I like the use of that Rhianna song though

I agree with Fuzzy here. I just know it's a matter of time before someone close to you in that stangpede organization gets themselves hurt or someone else hurt.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:37 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kngdaka

I agree with Fuzzy here. I just know it's a matter of time before someone close to you in that stangpede organization gets themselves hurt or someone else hurt.
+1
Old 05-13-2008, 05:29 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

rest assured impromptu things like this do not happen at all of our events, just so happened that day, frankly, there is actually very little of things like that occurring at anything in general....let alone stangpede events....i really kinda saw it as being in the right place at the right time....

as for the rihanna song. it was a request from a member, and for me a good test of my skills ( i dont know the song, so had no preconceived notions of how i wanted to cut the piece), i honestly had no idea who she was until i was asked if could use that song....( alot of people like it i guess)......LOL....im a classic rock,southern rock,rockabilly, punk, reggae,hip hopsort of guy.....heh...i originally had planned to use elvis "a little less conversation" or one of the songs from the new GTA4 game..

at any rate ill save those songs for other videos.....and if its any consolation...i am looking forward to shooting some track videos in the near future...not sure if i will run when i do it...but it would be cool to get my car in action.....imi planning for a cai and tune in june (hey that rhymes) and if i can save enough maybe a blower next year....suspension im still up in the air on....i gotta drive it everyday and i dont want a rough ride to and from work.

thanks for the concerns, and i will address things like this should something like this present itself as an opportunity in the future......as an artist tho...if i want the shot....i want the shot....

i gotta trust the driver..if i want the shot.....and he has to trust me...that i wont go where im not expected.....and the issues you do raise were addressed off camera....... i think we are doing fine....and while bad things can happen, none did...so luck, sunshine a nice car dealer, polite cops, and physics were on our side that day....lucky i guess......like i said its not like this happens at every event or will happen at every event...it just happened at this one, i was lucky enough to film it, and have enough content to make a cool video..thats all...

and i again reiterate....i was close to the action (not as close as mike) but close enough..i knew the risks.....was i nervous??..yeah a little...but once i start getting the shot....it kinda fades....its like when i do comedy...im nervous before i get up....you may not see it but its there....and i accept that fact because of what i want to create...whether on stage or behind a camera...and once it starts happening...then its about the moment and media in which i am working.....i essentially take that nervous energy and use it for focus.....now i sound like a jedi....LOL...but thats how it works...its not something everyone can do....a prime example is public speaking...its one thing to write on a forum, but its another to speak in front of people.....most people have often said to me that they freak out in front of people.....some people might have freaked out where i was filming.....i just dont...its a wierd gift......

Old 05-13-2008, 06:36 PM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

Ive never done a donut =P i dont plan on it, i cant pay for tires

and damnit phunnyguy, your posts are too damn long [:@][&:] damn my nonexistant but entirely evident ADD

i guess its okay by me as long as the driver and the people in close vicinity (filming, etc) are FULLY aware of what could happen (injury, death, etc) and then the spectators and such are behind some kind of barrier to protect them incase **** hits the fan, you know, maybe a good idea for future events?

hey dude, also if your looking for local automotive forums, head by Auto-focus.us swing on by, we need more members

Quick Reply: Stangpede! (The video)