Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Stangpede! (The video)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 01:58 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

Default Stangpede! (The video)

Phunnyguy (of the Los Angeles Stangpede Chapter) takes you on a Hollywood style Stangpede! A video montage set to music of Stangpe Phunnyguy (of the Los Angeles Stangpede Chapter) takes you on a Hollywood style Stangpede! A video montage set to music of Stangpede events (Fabulous Fords, Inland Empire Auto Show, Bakersfield Stangpede chapter kickoff) videos and photos including drifting with Bumblee, and Barricade!

This video is best viewed in High Quality

For the extended versions of the drifting please view
"Stangpede! The Directors Cut"
(Available 05/15/08)

PLEASE NOTE:
All drifting was done on closed courses by professionals with vehicles designed for this type of driving!
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!
ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEAT BELTS!

For more information about Stangpede please visit: http://www.stangpede.com

For more information about the director please visit: http://www.phunnyguy.com

Additional video and photo courtesy of:
http://www.modshot.com

Video -----------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlU5gM8ZfbY
Old 05-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Default RE: Stangpede! (The video)

I'll have to check this out when i get home, stupid school computers dont let me watch anything[:@]
Old 05-12-2008, 09:40 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

let me know what you think...comments are welcome.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:36 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

Sorry dude, but thats possibly the most retarded thing ive ever seen. What do you mean by "professional". someone whos had YEARS of experience and does this for a living, or someone whos been to California speedway and thinks they can drive. This video made me sick thinking they could easily have killed one of the 4 people standing in close vicinity with no barrier between them and a 3500 lb screaming metal deathtrap. No self respecting "professional" would endager multiple people in a stupid way like that unless they ABSOLUTELY knew what they were doing, and could control the car fully no matter what happens. Since when is Ernie a pro, and why do they need the water to break it loose, a pro would know what they were doing and not need assistance.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:39 AM
FuzzyDiceRule
5th Gear Member

also, if its authorized and on private property, the drivers are professionals, and its in a controlled environment, how come it gets broken up by the cops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN0Zf...eature=related
Old 05-13-2008, 01:10 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FuzzyDiceRule

Sorry dude, but thats possibly the most retarded thing ive ever seen.

>>>>>very descriptive....retarded was the best you could come upwith?

What do you mean by "professional". someone whos had YEARS of experience and does this for a living, or someone whos been to California speedway and thinks they can drive.

>>>>>>>>>>looked pretty good to me, i cant do it, can you vouch that he is not a professional? do you have proof of this?

This video made me sick thinking they could easily have killed one of the 4 people standing in close vicinity with no barrier between them and a 3500 lb screaming metal deathtrap.

>>>yes accidents do happen, but in thiscase they did not and i dont think anyone was too close to the car, and those that were did so at their own risk, such as myself, so maybe you should ask them why they were close, i know why i was.

No self respecting "professional" would endager multiple people in a stupid way like that unless they ABSOLUTELY knew what they were doing, and could control the car fully no matter what happens.

>>>>once again i reiteratewhat proof do you have that he did not know what he was doing? looks like he did fine to me and many others there.

Since when is Ernie a pro, and why do they need the water to break it loose, a pro would know what they were doing and not need assistance.

>>>>water is used so that tires are not destroyed in the process, on wet ground you could do that for hours and use 5 to 10 percent of the tires, on dry ground that number jumps to around 25-30 percent in two minutes. but i figured since you knew so much i wouldnt have to explain that.

Old 05-13-2008, 01:14 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FuzzyDiceRule

also, if its authorized and on private property, the drivers are professionals, and its in a controlled environment, how come it gets broken up by the cops
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN0Zf...eature=related
you know its funny but i could have sworn i didnt see you there.............yet you seem to have so many answers....

let me clarify:

we had permission from the dealer, the cops were rather cool, and even though it was private property they still have the authority to stop said acts without permits and the like, which they did, and frankly, since i was there aand you werent, when the cop was saying why he was doing it, it really boiled down to its affect on traffic stopping, and the congestion it was causing on a nearby road, they then excercised their authority in a polite professional manner....

any other questions?
Old 05-13-2008, 01:17 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

and frankly i find most if not all of your posts very negative.....

i was looking more for comments on the video production, editing and score,

but you seem to like to take things (in general) to another level on here.....im still trying to figure out why when i read your posts they induce conflict.

also let me make it clear im not trying to get into a flaming war with you, everyone is entitled to their opinion and i respect that, but when i read your posts you come accross as searching for the negative, while i tend to do the opposite, so i hope i have clarified some things for you about the event, and answered your questions,

the only problem i have with your post is the use of the word retarded i find it offensive.....as defined by dictionary.com: slow or limited in intellectual or emotional development.

i sir am none of these things, i work very hard for a living as asoftware engineer, i think that puts me mentally very far from slow, i too am far from limited in intellectual or emotional development. as is ernie or anyone who was present at said event.

i think my credentials, experience, skills, and overall intellect put me and those i associate with far from retarded.

that said, keep on truckin'

i dont mind a good discussion once in a while.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:29 AM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

Id comment but....

no matter, good work editing the vid phunnyguy.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:48 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

thanks man... how was your event?

and it what it is, and if i dont mind my saying so, its one badass video about mustangs, i worked hard on it, and in fact it was fun a fun event to be at, the exhibition turned out great in person and on video....

everyone has an opinion i am aware of that, but i didnt post the link to discuss the semantics of how it got filmed,

i put the link there because it did get filmed, and to make something that was entertaining for people to watch, not brood over how it was made or why,

you know i dont do much paid comedy anymore, but im still a professional comic...so this arguement is neither here nor there with me, i been in the entertainment game too long as a starving artist to get into pissing contests over things that at this point are inconsequential in the scheme of anything.

its a video, and everyone is critic, and everyone critiques in their own way.....this is really how i see the post, and i hope my responses to the critique come accross as fair....

and fuzzy dice its not personal i know that and i hope you do too...as i said... keep on truckin'

in fact post some vids of that fox in your sig...id like to see it action, be it the track, your exhuast, etc.....

if you got links post em......

thanks

Quick Reply: Stangpede! (The video)