Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

New Stainless Works 2011 5.0 Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 08:21 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Sounds great, pricey though. Good points made about people not keeping that car that long to worry about it rotting. Mine is just the mild steel coated and its 5 years strong looks like when I put it on...
Old 07-29-2010, 06:52 AM
Stainless Works
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
Sounds great, pricey though. Good points made about people not keeping that car that long to worry about it rotting. Mine is just the mild steel coated and its 5 years strong looks like when I put it on...
I get everyone's points on not keeping it, but wouldn't you want that as a selling point of a car. "It has a stainless exhaust that you will never have to replace"
When i buy a car I look for things like that. It reminds me of a mechanic i used to know, i will preface that we were not friends, i just knew him. He would do a half a$$ job on a job and i would ask him why and his patented response was. "I don't have to work on it again, let the next guy worry about it."
We sell a part that lasts forever and I would rather see that on a car then a system that is mild steel and coated that has been on for 5 years or so that i will most likely have to replace. Just my opinion, non biased of course lol
Old 07-29-2010, 09:02 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stainless Works
I get everyone's points on not keeping it, but wouldn't you want that as a selling point of a car. "It has a stainless exhaust that you will never have to replace"
When i buy a car I look for things like that. It reminds me of a mechanic i used to know, i will preface that we were not friends, i just knew him. He would do a half a$$ job on a job and i would ask him why and his patented response was. "I don't have to work on it again, let the next guy worry about it."
We sell a part that lasts forever and I would rather see that on a car then a system that is mild steel and coated that has been on for 5 years or so that i will most likely have to replace. Just my opinion, non biased of course lol
Thats understandable, me personally I wouldn't pay $800 for replacement mufflers pretty much. But hey everything in this world is worth what someone will pay for it.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:55 PM
cobradaddy95

Originally Posted by Stainless Works
Most People who buys these cars just dont want to spend that kind of money, for twice the price they can get a blower or turbo and make way more power than an exhaust and $2500 in addons, thats just they way they think, and I know a few.

But there are a few like me who will have their car untill they die, and will spend thousands to put the best of everything on them. I do like your system, it is priced higher than it should be but theres not to many companys making 3in catbacks for my car so I would pay that much for a catback. Also I like my car stupid loud and your race system is the ticket. When are you going to make a system for the 94-95 mustangs?