Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

TRMIN8R vs Hellion Cobra

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 04:20 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

Default RE: TRMIN8R vs Hellion Cobra

ORIGINAL: Wojin

how is it that a 600hp car beats a 850hp car???
[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Ummmm...Very easy cause you cant race a dyno number, and just because you made a ton of power on the dyno DOES NOT MEAN YOUR CAR IS FAST
Old 08-29-2005, 04:27 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99saleen351r

Ummmm...Very easy cause you cant race a dyno number, and just because you made a ton of power on the dyno DOES NOT MEAN YOUR CAR IS FAST
That's umpossible!

TRMIN8R only has a million other video's of him smacking around everything imagineable...including bikes. The guy who posted the vid was there at the race.....this is the SECOND time these two have raced on video with similar results.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:27 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MikeHawke

are there little bits of molten brake pad flying off the cobra when he brakes?

I saw that to mike,it appeared to be the brakes making sparks.Anyone notice all the real fast cobras have centifical blowers or turbos??Thats why i dont understand why everyone is so up in arms over the KB??Anyone who knows what a fast car is takes that blower off and puts either a vortech or turbos on so the cars fast not just making high dyno numbers.Anyone see the new MM&FF it has a 05 gt with a cobra motor that has ysi trim vortech and it ran mid 9s...That car is sweet seems like all these cobras with Kenne bells are just making numbers not times but when they change to real blowers or turbos they become fast...not dyno fast
Old 08-29-2005, 10:21 PM
jj84756
3rd Gear Member

i don't think that mustang had 800hp and to me it look like he would have won. as soon as he got in front it looked like he slowed down because of that car.
Old 08-29-2005, 11:02 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I saw that to mike,it appeared to be the brakes making sparks.Anyone notice all the real fast cobras have centifical blowers or turbos??Thats why i dont understand why everyone is so up in arms over the KB??Anyone who knows what a fast car is takes that blower off and puts either a vortech or turbos on so the cars fast not just making high dyno numbers.Anyone see the new MM&FF it has a 05 gt with a cobra motor that has ysi trim vortech and it ran mid 9s...That car is sweet seems like all these cobras with Kenne bells are just making numbers not times but when they change to real blowers or turbos they become fast...not dyno fast

Well first of all, a Kenne Bell makes ALL of its power down low and its very hard to get the power it makes to the ground. A turbo isnt going to be in full boost on take off like a Kenne Bell is going to be. Its kinda like 98LS1 spraying a 300 shot off the line and expecting his Nittos to grab like they do now. It just isnt going to happen. We all know that the only way to get a good ET is to pull an even better short time. Every tenth in the sixty is two tenths in the trap. There for my 12.1 @ 120 mph with a 2.3 60 ft should drop to about a 10.5 with a 1.5-1.6 60 ft give or take. This wont be achieved with the stock IRS unless I have upgraded bushings, half shafts and the IRS brace. All that is a waste of time so thats why im doing the stick axle.

My buddy (I know I know... every one has a friend who...) has just a ported Eaton, a stick axle and a pully change and tune is running a 11.7? with just those mods and 450 hp. Its really clear to see that the IRS is whats holding back the Cobra AND the GTO!

As for the Camaro beating an 850 hp car? You guys can say all day long that dyno numbers dont mean a thing, but you are wrong. It does take more than numbers to win, I understand that clearly. But to think that an 850 RWHP car is going to stay side by side with a car that has 2/3s the power and the same weight is just absurd. Eventually that turbo is going to spool to its max psi and the car should have picked up and left that Camaro, period. It does take the Cobra longer to spool IF IN FACT that it was a turbo and the Camaro would have got the jump. But like I said, once that turbo is fully into boost, it should have walked any and everything.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:10 AM
01GTvertible
3rd Gear Member

like jdan said, all power is down low. people have to get rid of that pos irs before they will run what the car is capable. didnt you see the kb compilation? some 10.1's in there.
if that cobra is 850 rwhp, he should have pulled on that other car. your talking 200 hp difference? come on guys. use some common sense. if i raced somebody w/ my 460 hp, who had 260, ie, GT, i will murder them. same if i race a maro lt1. not a chance.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:11 AM
01GTvertible
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wojin

how is it that a 600hp car beats a 850hp car???
[sm=dontgetit.gif]

im bout tired of hearing this, dont you think it has something to do w/ it? they are starting from a roll.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:54 AM
Allstar
5th Gear Member

CANT SEE!!!! video not working please fix this for me very curiose!
I dont understand how the camaro could have won from what you guys are saying but something is wrong...
Old 08-30-2005, 10:33 AM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Jdan, according to your old thread and timeslip page, you went a 2.0 short time.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:21 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 98LS1

Jdan, according to your old thread and timeslip page, you went a 2.0 short time.

That was a 12.4 pass and I let out early because it was spinning. The 12.1 was a 2.3 Where is it posted and I will fix it.

Quick Reply: TRMIN8R vs Hellion Cobra