Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

My 2013 Mustang GT vs Modded Subaru WRX at the Drag Strip

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:14 AM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

That was an interesting race to say the least.. It sounded mostly stock, and also sounded like a 2.0 (under 200whp).. And the guy had no idea how to launch either, it hesitated right off the line when it should have easily owned the 60'. I'm very bias toward WRX's as I spent a large part of my life wrenching on one and buiding it up to be a beast and I know all the ins and outs of them and know what they can do.

Originally Posted by Mishri
STIs and WRXs are really popular around here, AWD DD with good horsepower. a modded sti was a good race for my modded '07 GT depending on what was done. in my 2012 GT though none of them stood a chance. There is still 1 subaru that ran faster than me at the dragstrip here. an '01 impreza went 12.0@114. The rumor is the guy has 60k-80k in that car. He is into the road course racing, sets up meets on the local course.
60-80K? Highly unlikely or he would be running a hell of a lot faster.. I didn't have nearly that much into mine (maybe 15K) and was running 11s all day at a much higher altitude mind you, and could also still eat most cars around a road track... And no offense I'm sure your 12 is quick, but a simple turbo swap, tune, and intake on an STi would be enough to outrun you.

Originally Posted by daredevil95
there's always one thing in common with the 4 cylinder turbo cars, once modified they always start to smoke from the exhaust and blowing up within a year or two. Saying that, I'm always amazed at how fast they get down the track. They are really engineered well to produce the most efficient power. Although,i would be scared to spend 37K on one.
Probably the most ignorant thing I've heard on here, I feel like I'm on a street racing forum or a LS1 forum all of a sudden (no offense to the other LSX folks on here who actually respect all cars). What do you drive? Give me your stock engine, and I'll take a stock STi engine and I'll be willing to bet I can make more power reliably and for longer.. Just because some idiots out there are putting huge turbos in their little ****ty stock block civics doesn't hold true for all imports. I'll show you plent of stock blocked Supras that have been making 700+rwhp for years.. Hell, I safely made ~500whp on street in my WRX and drove it on long road trips many many times and never had a single problem.

Originally Posted by MoshpitMad
Your generalization is weak, and wrong. Yes, some will throw too much boost at a motor with 200,000 miles on it, or think they're the newest greatest tuner and tune themselves on the street...but an import can be built and not smoke...and you don't need tons of money to do it.
And awesome, someone else who understands cars and appreciates them all. I thought I was lost for a second.. Don't get me wrong, I love muscle cars and Mustangs especially but the general consensus that all japanese imports are rice and their owners blow up there cars irritates me. That's like saying all Mustang owners are teenagers who want a loud car and can't drive, or all Camaro owners are rednecks, and Vette owners are middle ages men.. There are dumbasses in all car groups guys.

/rant