Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

New GoPro!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 03:27 PM
CrzyHrs
2nd Gear Member

Do you DD with the cam tune? If so, do you ever have issues with the car dying? Specifically when starting and stopping often, like going through a drive thru?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:33 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CrzyHrs
Do you DD with the cam tune? If so, do you ever have issues with the car dying? Specifically when starting and stopping often, like going through a drive thru?
Okay let's see if I can explain this and not sound like I only made it through first grade lol! So the car does die probably about once a week or every other week. Now when it dies, it will die like 3 more times in a row lol. First time, it will be with the clutch pressed in, car in reverse, brake pressed and usually as I am dropping the e-brake ( sometimes after I roll a little). Once it dies the first time, I will fire it back up and have it instantly die on its own without being in gear lol. After that, the last 2 times will be me fighting wth the idle dip by blipping the throttle and not doing it well lol. After that no problems. Never once after I am going and usually when the motor is half way cooled off.

My take on the cammed tune is, the offset goes in cycles and I can pretty much feel the entire time and how far offset the cams are. I even can feel when they line back up again for about 1-2 seconds. My thought is that the 5% chance the car starts and the cams are at the max offset and the car is unable to maintain an idle. I doubt this is even remotely accurate but it helps me not mash my face into the steering wheel when it happens in public, lol!!! Tested it recently on the third start up and helped it idle for a second by hold the peddle at about 1100 rpm for 3 seconds and it didn't die, so there is a quick fix lol.

Sorry for the long post but it just takes time to learn how it operates. Anyone else want to offer insight or factual information, please let me know! Thank!
Old 02-06-2013, 10:16 PM
CrzyHrs
2nd Gear Member

Sounds exactly like the problem I have, especially on start up. Just glad I'm not the only one. I will hook up my go pro and shoot some video this weekend and check it out! Weather is finally getting nice.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:21 AM
Deranged2013
1st Gear Member

Guess I've been lucky. So far daily driving on the idle lope tune, the car hasn't cut off yet. Runs good and performs the same as the performance tune. It will only lope when the car is at full operating temps. I set my idle rpms at 700 though and I only did that because it helped reduce the car from shaking as much during the cam lopes. That may be why it hasn't cut off. Still lopes good at 700.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:57 AM
CrzyHrs
2nd Gear Member

I felt A LOT more power from the ghost cam tune than I did from my previous race tune. Thinking I may put my ghost tune back on, i started to use my performance tune as my daily driver instead.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:01 PM
Deranged2013
1st Gear Member

I switched to running the drag race tune for daily driving and saving the lope tune for nice cruising days on the weekends. Just have to deal with the abs light flashing and the advanced trac service light staying on with the drag tune.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:51 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Okay, so wi the idle, I get lope tune no matter what unless it is within first 30 seconds of a cold startup. Once idle settles it lopes immediately, love it! I will say once it settles and I drive down the road to my first stop light (left turn n the highway) so I sit there for usually 3 minutes, the car low idles at about 600 rpms for at least one minute! That is the most aggressive sounding lope ever! The revolutions are so low I can feel e motor torque haha. I get wide eyed starts because it sounds like it will stall but never does! It feels like boating of small waves with the shakiness!!!

Deranged are you running a BAMA tune or someone else?

Crzyhrs - don't sweat it! Not worth not looking cool 95% of the time. I couldn't imagine changing back to stock idle lol! Ad yes catless showed me noticeable power gains! Obviously gave my buddy a run and he had lots of mods on me! We will do his pipes is weekend! More to come!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Deranged2013
1st Gear Member

AED tuned
Old 02-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Slowbra302
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Deranged2013
AED tuned
That could be the difference. Seems BAMA might have the more aggressive lope, but with that comes more shaken and chance of stall. I would love a video of yours if you could post it here! How's the power of the AED tune and the cost? Thank
Old 02-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Deranged2013
1st Gear Member

Need to get a GoPro or a good camcorder. Unfortunately, all I have to record videos is from a cell. My car sounds almost identical to the gotta have it green car on the Stainless Works website. We currently have about 3 inches of snow on the ground, so I will try to post some vid as soon as it clears up.

I can only compare AED to the frpp procal, night a day difference there. I'm very impressed with AED. Shaun tunes some fast cars. His own car runs in the 10.9s naturally aspirated. A lot of his customers post on SVT Performance forums and put down some crazy #s.