Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Cortex Explains Anti-Squat and Anti-Dive

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 04:14 PM
MustangForums Editor
MustangForums Editor

Default Cortex Explains Anti-Squat and Anti-Dive

What are Anti-squat and Anti-dive? And how do you take advantage of either? This /Drive video explains it all.

Read the rest on the Mustang Forums homepage. >>
Old 01-06-2016, 08:34 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

I was kind of hoping Filip would get into rear anti-lift, as it's sort of the flip side to anti-squat (uses the same diagram) and is responsible for about half of what the driver perceives as "nose dive" under braking.

There was a nice reference to setups differing between situations calling for more response vs those where outright mechanical grip is more important. I'd never thought of it in quite that light, though I am familiar with the element of time and that it is associated with transient vehicle behavior (think turn-in response, for example). Transients deal with what happens during the time it takes the car to get from straight ahead into whatever steady-state cornering - IOW while the car is still moving around on its suspension and not fully settled down into the business of turning.

Thanks to the site for sending out the email with the link to this; I might have never seen it otherwise.

But let me suggest either moving this thread to a suspension section, or better still, add sticky threads in the various suspension sections linking back to this and other "suspensions explained" videos. This probably isn't the sort of place that people looking for tech would likely look, and on edit that's frankly why it's been sitting here nearly a whole month without me seeing it.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 01-06-2016 at 09:07 AM.