Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

Unboxing & Install Ford Performance by Borla Sport Exhaust on my 2016 Mustang GT PP

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 05:47 PM
ShiftQuick

Default Unboxing & Install Ford Performance by Borla Sport Exhaust on my 2016 Mustang GT PP

Name:  HCuNQ39.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  467.2 KB

VIDEO:

New to the forums and first time Mustang owner. Purchased the Stang on Halloween 2015 and never looked back! I'll have to say that this car keeps growing on me.

That being said, I finally got around to installing an aftermarket catback exhaust and filmed the process. Hopefully it's beneficial to anyone considering doing the same. I also added a few general topics that I thought would be helpful for people less familiar with cars.

Future Mods

My current goal for the car is to add more clean naturally aspirated horsepower and improve handling. Possible a supercharger or turbos in the distant future, but for now I'm sticking NA. Ultimately I still need to learn more about how to properly build horsepower before I begin doing a lot of work and thus one of the reasons I've joined.

What I'm looking into:
  • Long Tube Headers: I'm not sure if it's possible to keep the idle and "neighborhood" decibels down with this mod.
  • Cold Air Intake w/out Tune: Want to keep my warranty valid and from what I understand a tune will void it.
  • Performance Throttle Body
  • High Flow Catalytic Converters
  • 20" Wheels - Square Stance: I'd like to remove some of the rotational weight. I dig the rims just think they're a bit heavy. I'm currently running a staggered set up (first time ever) and I'm thinking a square set up will make the car feel more planted in the corners. (Am I wrong in assuming this?)
  • Better Suspension: Car suspension is relatively new to me so I'm not sure where to begin. I simply want to mitigate that "float" feeling.
  • Lowering Springs: To compliment the suspension, possible lowering the vehicle for better handling. Also new to me.
I realize I'm considering a lot, also that I'm not 100% sure what my best line of attack is. So if you feel up to it please drop some of that Mustang Performance knowledge on me!

Hope you enjoy the video!

Name:  HgdrHG3.jpg
Size:  3.37 MB

Name:  hYL6noE.jpg
Size:  1.76 MB

Name:  xJynkFW.jpg
Size:  1.85 MB

Name:  wsRRMeL.jpg
Size:  1.54 MB

Name:  MJaBRz1.jpg
Size:  2.27 MB

Name:  sR10rtN.jpg
Size:  1.95 MB

Name:  ChgQmdR.jpg
Size:  1.81 MB

Name:  DF4rgey.jpg
Size:  1.83 MB

Name:  IlcvT6a.jpg
Size:  3.36 MB

Name:  4bod6IJ.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  1.73 MB
Old 02-26-2017, 07:44 AM
coffeebowl
1st Gear Member

Congrats man! Outstanding job on the video editing haha.

Looks like you have a good idea on where to begin for your future mods. The only thing is if you're really trying to save weight on your wheels, go with 19's.
Old 02-26-2017, 11:49 AM
ShiftQuick

Originally Posted by coffeebowl
Congrats man! Outstanding job on the video editing haha.

Looks like you have a good idea on where to begin for your future mods. The only thing is if you're really trying to save weight on your wheels, go with 19's.
Thanks!

Ha! Well that seems obvious now. 19's would be lighter. I think I was caught up in the idea of filling the wheel well gap.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:22 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Bigger wheels with corresponding lower profile tires to keep the same rolling diameter won't fill the wheel gap. Never understood why people think that. If you do change the rolling diameter, your speedo and other wheel speed calibrated sensors will be off. Your car already has the performance suspension which most don't find "floaty" at all. Springs won't change float feeling, that is controlled by shocks. You could go with the Ford Racing track suspension which is stiffer and lower or go with a Roush coil over setup. I would stay away from the long tube headers and "better high flow cats" Ford racing also has a CAI that doesn't void the warranty. Ford Racing is now making so much for these cars with a warranty there is practically no need to go anywhere else for performance mods.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:23 PM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Awesome car!!!
Old 03-12-2017, 09:49 AM
ShiftQuick

Originally Posted by proeagles
Bigger wheels with corresponding lower profile tires to keep the same rolling diameter won't fill the wheel gap. Never understood why people think that. If you do change the rolling diameter, your speedo and other wheel speed calibrated sensors will be off. Your car already has the performance suspension which most don't find "floaty" at all. Springs won't change float feeling, that is controlled by shocks. You could go with the Ford Racing track suspension which is stiffer and lower or go with a Roush coil over setup. I would stay away from the long tube headers and "better high flow cats" Ford racing also has a CAI that doesn't void the warranty. Ford Racing is now making so much for these cars with a warranty there is practically no need to go anywhere else for performance mods.
I didn't take into consideration maintaining the same rolling diameter. Good point and possibly the "floaty" feeling is derived from my previous experience owning smaller German made cars. Not to mention I might be looking to accomplish a cornering experience that's not intended for these cars. That being said, thanks, the Ford Racing track suspension seems a good place to start.

Still researching my CAI and Ford Performance Pack options.
Old 03-12-2017, 09:50 AM
ShiftQuick

Originally Posted by movielover40
Awesome car!!!
Thanks!