Mustang Videos This forum is for video's pertaining to Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, Mustangs, and Off Topic.

For all the pit bull lovers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 06:38 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

Default RE: For all the pit bull lovers.

I am sure there are a lot of good pits out there with people who really care for them. It is the jerks who are backyard breeders who think it is funny or cool for a dog to be mean or aggressive that are the problem. Out here in Vegas, they show up to the public dog parks all the time and there are fights constantly. Then when you say something to the owner about their aggressive dog, they are like "well get your pu$$y dog outta here." I think it should be legal to put them down as well as their dogs.
I think this breed as well as Rots should be regulated like Canada does, they said no more, you get caught, dog gets destroyed and you get heavily fined. It is a shame that is what it is going to come to, but it will or should.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Magiarn71
3rd Gear Member

Lots of dogs turn especially when they are old, sick or have failing sight. Its in any animals nature. The things that you hear of in the papers are usually from people who have a pitbull and WANT it to be a mean badass dog. It's their fault, not the dog's. And yes, it's idiotic if you broadbase a statement like that. My ex reached into a cage to take away a muffin the dog stole from the trash and almost got her hand torn off. We have a miniature pinscher......Its not a violent, vicious dog, but you take one that just had puppies and has a cataract on one eye, in a situation like that and you're asking for it. I've seen Rotties that are complete bastards, chained up outside in the winter and hardly paid attention to, and some that are lovable, gentle house dogs. The stigma and reputation of the dog is what leads certain people to want them or not. You can even make a vampire Pomeranian if you want.

And as far as any statistic, all statistics are crap. I can show you articles that prove it. You can sway the result in your favor by the interpretation of any result. So yeah, they can say that only 1.8 whatever percent of bites in a year were pit bulls and you can say you've seen 50 cases of bites that were all pits, and neither means ***.....
Old 01-03-2006, 07:02 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

I don't use statistics. I worked with dogs and therefore I happen to know quite a few vets. What I'm saying is not B.S. take it how you want. I'm just telling you how it is. Like I said. Not all of them are bad. For every 1 that is there is probally 3-5 more that aren't. But they do turn even on their own owners. They are viscious dogs. I got a 100 lbs. great dane/lab mix. He's about 6 feet tall standing on his back legs. He's a great dog and very lovable. He's a big mush. But don't come into his house or touch his family. He will get violent also. Every dog can be violent. But pit bulls are more easily triggered then most dogs. Thats the point I'm getting at. As for the people that provoke the dog, thats their own fault. I'm not even talking about that. Any dog might/will attack if provoked.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:57 PM
Bad04OrngGT
2nd Gear Member

I have 4 dogs..lab/german shepard/ boxer /pit..they are all loving family dogs..Have had all since they were puppies..except for the pit I found him on the street he was starving and we took him in. He is a great dog but he is very protective..he plays well with the other dogs but he doesn't like strangers if any thing gets with in sound distance of the house he is at the windows going nuts. Its sad what people do and how they miss treat dogs. I think he was beat, I have had him for like 2 years now and everytime a hand is raised he puts his head down and runs. He is a vicious dog when then other dogs bother him..but when they are all playing its like they were together forever..I think they are great dogs and loyal, but when mistreated they become vicious.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:17 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr

I don't use statistics. I worked with dogs and therefore I happen to know quite a few vets. What I'm saying is not B.S. take it how you want. I'm just telling you how it is. Like I said. Not all of them are bad. For every 1 that is there is probally 3-5 more that aren't. But they do turn even on their own owners. They are viscious dogs. I got a 100 lbs. great dane/lab mix. He's about 6 feet tall standing on his back legs. He's a great dog and very lovable. He's a big mush. But don't come into his house or touch his family. He will get violent also. Every dog can be violent. But pit bulls are more easily triggered then most dogs. Thats the point I'm getting at. As for the people that provoke the dog, thats their own fault. I'm not even talking about that. Any dog might/will attack if provoked.
so you're saying we should ban the breed because 1 in 6 may have a tendancy to attack? better yet why don't we make the penalties for dog fighting more strict. for instance the government seizes the property on which the fight was held.....or if you're convicted of fighting dogs 2 times you go to prison for 30 years or something instead of stupid fines then there would be even fewer agressive dogs out there.

maybe we should ban all lab,dane mixes because by your own admission he is vicious.

agressiveness is a trait of all dogs not a trait of pit bulls.......i'd be willing to bet that 1 in 6 labs has the saame tendancies towards violence that the same number of pit bulls has. i worked with animals for a while too and i have lived with pit bulls for a long time and they are the best dogs i've ever known......now my parent's golden retriever however is a monster.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:07 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

My lab/dane is not vicious. He is protective. Thats the differance. Pit bulls are vicious animals, not just protective. Like I said, not all are. But all can not be trusted. These dogs have attacked without any warning for no reason at all. Thats what makes them dangerous. If you want to ban protective dogs you can get rid of all the police departments K-9 squads. Heck, you can get rid of every breed, because 99% of them are protective. And I didn't say 1 in 6 have a tendency to attack, I said thats how many bad ones are out there. They all have a tendency to attack. Personally I'll just take a german shepard and call it a day. They are the most loyal and protective dogs you could ever want. They are great listeners also. I'm sorry, but you're wrong about this one.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:09 PM
Azzey53

I say we should ban human breeding because 1 out of 6 of us are violent. I have seen more psyco chihuahuas than pits. If you think it is the breed that's the problem and not the breeders/owners then I think your a Tard!!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:30 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Azzey53

I say we should ban human breeding because 1 out of 6 of us are violent. I have seen more psyco chihuahuas than pits. If you think it is the breed that's the problem and not the breeders/owners then I think your a Tard!!
Ummm, didn't you read the rules? Your opinions don't matter until you have atleast 100 posts.

Like I said, believe what you want. Talk to vets, they'll know.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:33 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

My lab/dane is not vicious. He is protective. Thats the differance. Pit bulls are vicious animals, not just protective. Like I said, not all are. But all can not be trusted. These dogs have attacked without any warning for no reason at all. Thats what makes them dangerous. If you want to ban protective dogs you can get rid of all the police departments K-9 squads. Heck, you can get rid of every breed, because 99% of them are protective. And I didn't say 1 in 6 have a tendency to attack, I said thats how many bad ones are out there. They all have a tendency to attack. Personally I'll just take a german shepard and call it a day. They are the most loyal and protective dogs you could ever want. They are great listeners also. I'm sorry, but you're wrong about this one.

again this is not a trait of pit bulls this is a trait of dogs. i've been attacked by a lab mix, a dalmatian, and a ****zhu for no reason but i have never been attacked by a pit bull.

and i've owned 3. so forgive me for saying this. i don't give a flying **** about how many veteranarians you know or how many dogs you've worked with if you've never owned a pit bull you know exactly **** about them.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:51 PM
nathansmith50
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Azzey53

Ummm, didn't you read the rules? Your opinions don't matter until you have atleast 100 posts.

Like I said, believe what you want. Talk to vets, they'll know.
why would a vet know any more than the average person? surte he's going to know tons more about the dog's biology.....but that's about it. a vet might never even have seen a pit bull. they don't teach you about certain animals attitudes in vet school. they tell you the same things we've all heard.......be careful with pit bulls, rotts, dobies, shepherds and the like because they can be dangerous.

you want to know the truth about a pit bull find someone who has one and ask them or better yet try to get to know one yourself.

Quick Reply: For all the pit bull lovers.